Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The broward/lauderdale club update.. AND SOME DT/NV DRAMA!

V. Barbarino

New clubs for broward/lauderdale

Pangea -Hard Rock

Gryphon - Hard Rock

China White old Sutra - ETA 2 weeks

Revolution old Venue aka star bar - ETA 4 weeks

Old Stereo - No one freaking knows, maybe 2060 at this point

The Club (lps club) don't know the ETA

Automatic Slims Lauderdale - don't know the ETA

NOW FOR THE GOOD SHIT!

THIS IS HIGH LEVEL SHIT, MOST CLUB Employees HAD NO CLUE ABOUT ANY OF THIS. NOT EVEN THE DOWNTOWN GUYS. SO I WAS TIPPED OFF THAT DT LEFT NV. ALL HAS TO DO WITH NV USING THE TAGLINE:

"THERE IS NO SPACE LIKE ENVY"

SO HERE IS WHAT I KNOW:

1. DT HAS LEFT OR WILL LEAVE NV

2. THIS DOESN'T MEAN DT IS 100% GONE FROM THERE, I'M SURE THEY ARE WORKING IT OUT, OR TRYING

3. TRANCE STILL SUCKS

ENJOY FOCKERS!

* for the record, some of yous may get the perception that I want certain djs and clubs to fail. While admit I hope all trance djs die in a plane crash, I support all and any club in miami or broward, as long as it's house music! This includes NV, they are good peeps who bring you DT, so lets hope they get DT back and do classics night.

Pangea -Hard Rock

Gryphon - Hard Rock

NOW FOR THE GOOD SHIT!

THIS IS HIGH LEVEL SHIT, MOST CLUB Employees HAD NO CLUE ABOUT ANY OF THIS. NOT EVEN THE DOWNTOWN GUYS. SO I WAS TIPPED OFF THAT DT LEFT NV. ALL HAS TO DO WITH NV USING THE TAGLINE:

SO HERE IS WHAT I KNOW:

2. THIS DOESN'T MEAN DT IS 100% GONE FROM THERE, I'M SURE THEY ARE WORKING IT OUT, OR TRYING

3. TRANCE STILL SUCKS

ENJOY FOCKERS!

* for the record, some of yous may get the perception that I want certain djs and clubs to fail. While admit I hope all trance djs die in a plane crash, I support all and any club in miami or broward, as long as it's house music! This includes NV, they are good peeps who bring you DT, so lets hope they get DT back and do classics night.

Sutra was the shit, I used to love that place. I'm glad I got to play there twice before they closed. I hope China White works out it is a cool spot.

Guest LeVeL

* for the record, some of yous may get the perception that I want certain djs and clubs to fail. While admit I hope all trance djs die in a plane crash

LOL..you too funny......

Guest LeVeL

Word is the china white guys are spending mucho $$$$$

also the did you figure out why the tagline pissed of dt??

"There is no Space like Envy"

But why would DT care if these used that line. Space no longer has DT playing their club. He probably goes to Space to hang out but he shouldn't care the guys is still getting paid. But whatever too much club politics for me.

Guest mikepayne

Word is the china white guys are spending mucho $$$$$

also the did you figure out why the tagline pissed of dt??

"There is no Space like Envy"

Seriously, anyone who didn't get the no space like envy thing being a dig at Space is pretty oblivious.

Guest durrtylexx

this should be cool..I like the Sobe spot..really chilled out, everyone is hanging not trying to impress or bs.. 8)

Guest klit

Pangea -Hard Rock

Gryphon - Hard Rock

Damn lauderdale is looking pretty good as well as the seminole place. Went up there last friday was a bit quiet compared to normal weekends, art bar was pretty fun though. They did open a new small room in the back with house and some trance in there, but the classic hip hop sounded better that night :o

Guest JustDade

Miami has one new venue (a few more, but nothing big or special) and lauderdale has like 6 or 7 major places...

i guess there really is nothing to do in lauderdale ::)

Do we really have to go through the whole "Lauderdale is the new South Beach" thing again? Most of those venues are where other venues you raved about failed. What does that tell you? Hard Rock will be Hard Rock but you better be into Hip Hop if you plan to hang there. Pangea and Griphon are lounges not "clubs". Sorry, Saleen but you'll still have to drive south for the real deal.

Miami has one new venue (a few more, but nothing big or special) and lauderdale has like 6 or 7 major places...

Do we really have to go through the whole "Lauderdale is the new South Beach" thing again? Most of those venues are where other venues you raved about failed. What does that tell you? Hard Rock will be Hard Rock but you better be into Hip Hop if you plan to hang there. Pangea and Griphon are lounges not "clubs". Sorry, Saleen but you'll still have to drive south for the real deal.

agreed, but most times lauderdale wpb people don't want the "real deal"

thats my point.

Guest klit

Nocturnal, nobody is saying this will be the place to be every week. It's just good to see developments in those areas providing a good alternative to sobe. Pangaea and Gryphon look like they will be interesting lounges and hopefully the music there will be good. LP's club im sure will have a couple acts coming to play there. Sobe, downtown, and downtown laudy each about same amount of driving time for me so I'm just happy that I'll have plenty of choices on where to go depending on whats happening. Many of those drives will probably be to your club though if the bookings saleen has posted about are any indicator of the type of talent you are bringing here.

Pangea -Hard Rock

Gryphon - Hard Rock

NOW FOR THE GOOD SHIT!

SO HERE IS WHAT I KNOW:

3. TRANCE STILL SUCKS

ENJOY FOCKERS!

yeah when i read tht tagline i was like uhhhhhhhhhhhhh oh boy :-X

Guest coach

this should be cool..I like the Sobe spot..really chilled out, everyone is hanging not trying to impress or bs.. 8)

What're you kidding me. Every time I've been there, it's been more hotties per square foot than anywhere else. And everybody is dressed to the T's. Of course, that's mainly because it is almost all locals.