Clubplanet Nightlife Community

OFFICIAL STRYKE @ NOCTURNAL REVIEW

djoscarg

:o :o :o

I hope the kiddies were taking notes...

Its nice to hear someone who KNOWS what they are doing and exactly how to do it..kept the main room open later than ever.

All new bombs, mixed and programmed to perfection!

I kept thinking..hmmmm its pretty fucking obvious to me that this guy is this club's only hope on Saturday nights...now let's hope they are smart enought to realize it (so far their track record is a bit iffy)

anyway...bottom line is:

IN A TIME WHERE SCAB DJS ARE RUNNING RAMPANT IN THIS TOWN AND MOONLIGHTING DJS ARE LANDING RESIDENCIES IN "LEGITIMATE" CLUBS....IT SURE IS NICE TO HEAR A PRO ROCK A ROOM PROPERLY!!!

respect,

OG ;)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest djjoncowan

we all know stryke is one of the finest dj's in this town and even worldwide. he's got the skills and musical knowledge second to none. I hope they give greg a perminent residency. god knows greg deserves it... ;)

Guest dj_release

LMAO someone is taking things personally ::)

how do you know he's talking about Tsettos.... for christ sakes stop being his bitch :-X

Guest colione98

this is a good and constructive post that we can all take part in for it effects a good percentage of posters...

Let's keep it clean and intelligent....

discuss...... ;)

Guest colione98

IN A TIME WHERE SCAB DJS ARE RUNNING RAMPANT IN THIS TOWN AND MOONLIGHTING DJS ARE LANDING RESIDENCIES IN "LEGITIMATE" CLUBS....

I can honestly say that such statement is not eluding to the fact that there are a lot of djs w/out clout that are in positions of status...

Regardless of having a job on the side does not take away from the veracity of that statement.... (as you have that in all fields of life)

but the question is- does it affect miami and it's night clubs?

Does having one that has not gone through and experienced the woes of djing and be placed in the top positions before others matter?

anyone care to discuss in disagreement or otherwise?

I'm pretty much neutral as I was not in attendance..

It's called arogance to think a moonlighting DJ can't hang! This is why LP owns Space and you spin at Space.

It's spelled arrogance...and you've got the market locked down when it comes to that....that is one thing I've never been accused of

anyway...once you've cleaned up your nose, ask my man LP where he was at my age ;)

Guest ramon

hopefully they bring back greg to rock that room one more time before he goes on tour .. it'd only be respectful to have a proper send off :)

Guest dj_release

hopefully they bring back greg to rock that room one more time before he goes on tour .. it'd only be respectful to have a proper send off :)

+1 8)

Guest swank

we all know stryke is one of the finest dj's in this town and even worldwide. he's got the skills and musical knowledge second to none. I hope they give greg a perminent residency. god knows greg deserves it... ;)

Jon...I agree.

To the rest...if working another job allows you to do what you love....spinning choons... then work the other job. Professional does not mean that you have to starve and struggle not pay your rent or not qualify for a mortgage in order to be good.

On the other hand if I ever posted on a message board even a hint of how monetarily successful or not any of the dj's I represented were...they'd probably kick me out on my ass!

my $0.02 ;D

Guest slamminshaun

It'd be nice if all dj's had royalties coming in every month.....but since only about 1% of them do, moonlighting is a necessity for most. Some use the day job simply to pay for their records....but I can see Oscar's point too, there's alot of jocks out there that don't take the business seriously since its not necessarily their lifeline.

Guest djqba

how do you know he's talking about Tsettos.... for christ sakes stop being his bitch :-X

hey asshole, it was just an example of a person who og is friends with...

please get your head out of your ass before you post...

The vast majority of djs have outside jobs.. Maybe 1% dj alone.. Most djs such as Denny make shit loads of money djing, way more than they need to surive, well in the 6 figures, but you need to prepare for life after being a dj.. This is why jr vasquez is old and broke! He didn't prepare!

Wow, I find myself in agreement with you here Saleen once again. There has to be a life after its all said and done, I myself burn the candle on both ends and find myself dragging on monday morning. I agree that Greg is a great DJ and nothing short of a gentleman, Nocturnal problem is not the music but it focus on its promotions. With many super clubs surrounding the area the focus must be on click of people. Space will draw people in no matter what, Metro with all ts problems is building their machine. Nocturnal has to build the better trap.. Oscar I guess I would be considered a moonlighting DJ with the desire of being a full time DJ. This town just doesn't pay what it should for it DJ's never mine that I have a very good day job, that allows me the financial freedom to afford my moonlighting.. my 2cents

Guest Marina22

Its nice to hear someone who KNOWS what they are doing and exactly how to do it..kept the main room open later than ever.

I kept thinking..hmmmm its pretty fucking obvious to me that this guy is this club's only hope on Saturday nights...now let's hope they are smart enought to realize it (so far their track record is a bit iffy)

anyway...bottom line is:

IN A TIME WHERE SCAB DJS ARE RUNNING RAMPANT IN THIS TOWN AND MOONLIGHTING DJS ARE LANDING RESIDENCIES IN "LEGITIMATE" CLUBS....IT SURE IS NICE TO HEAR A PRO ROCK A ROOM PROPERLY!!!

respect,

OG ;)

What a compliment for Stryke! Still haven't seen him in action so I guess I have to wait till he gets back from tour...

Guest aj2234

anyway...bottom line is:

respect,

OG ;)

i agree 100%

greg is the man! that's a pro dj at work! he destroyed that place on saturday!

The vast majority of djs have outside jobs.. Maybe 1% dj alone.. Most djs such as Denny make shit loads of money djing, way more than they need to surive, well in the 6 figures, but you need to prepare for life after being a dj.. This is why jr vasquez is old and broke! He didn't prepare!

Wow, I find myself in agreement with you here Saleen once again. There has to be a life after its all said and done, I myself burn the candle on both ends and find myself dragging on monday morning. I agree that Greg is a great DJ and nothing short of a gentleman, Nocturnal problem is not the music but it focus on its promotions. With many super clubs surrounding the area the focus must be on click of people. Space will draw people in no matter what, Metro with all ts problems is building their machine. Nocturnal has to build the better trap.. Oscar I guess I would be considered a moonlighting DJ with the desire of being a full time DJ. This town just doesn't pay what it should for it DJ's never mine that I have a very good day job, that allows me the financial freedom to afford my moonlighting.. my 2cents

Let me be clear, I would never judge anyone or the choices they make. Everyone has a right to chase their dream however they can.

What I am refering to is a viscious circle...DJs in this town are doing gigs for less than the average DJ used to make in this town 10 years ago. Problem is, the clubs revenue HAS increased from 10 years ago.

You said it yourself, you're good day job affords you the financial freedom to moonlight as a DJ...but what about the guys who put DJing first? what about the DJs that have day jobs on the side to survive? The Djs that work at a record shop during the day...The DJs that do construction and installs in clubs...The DJs that have another job strictly to pay the bills while they chase their dream...They are the ones being hurt..

The issue is, if you have a stable career that you worked hard to achieve, but you love to DJ on the side, you will never count on DJing for income...This is a club owner's dream! This drives all the DJs salaries down and then there will be even LESS DJs making a career for themselves.

There are many DJs in this town that have paid their dues and proven themselves time and time again that are being hurt by this. It devalues the DJs worth.

I agree with you and Saleen...the future is always important...and EVERYONE should be mindful of that. I have a family myself and am very conscious of that fact. This is why I worry when I see the (local) industry I love going in a strange directon. DJs should decide what their fees are, and when you are eating from them, you tend to be a lot more picky.

Respect to all those that do it for the love!!!

(no matter what that means)

Guest lavosdeldiablo

anyway...bottom line is:

respect,

OG ;)

!!!

Guest djqba

Let me be clear, I would never judge anyone or the choices they make. Everyone has a right to chase their dream however they can.

What I am refering to is a viscious circle...DJs in this town are doing gigs for less than the average DJ used to make in this town 10 years ago. Problem is, the clubs revenue HAS increased from 10 years ago.

You said it yourself, you're good day job affords you the financial freedom to moonlight as a DJ...but what about the guys who put DJing first? what about the DJs that have day jobs on the side to survive? The Djs that work at a record shop during the day...The DJs that do construction and installs in clubs...The DJs that have another job strictly to pay the bills while they chase their dream...They are the ones being hurt..

The issue is, if you have a stable career that you worked hard to achieve, but you love to DJ on the side, you will never count on DJing for income...This is a club owner's dream! This drives all the DJs salaries down and then there will be even LESS DJs making a career for themselves.

There are many DJs in this town that have paid their dues and proven themselves time and time again that are being hurt by this. It devalues the DJs worth.

I agree with you and Saleen...the future is always important...and EVERYONE should be mindful of that. I have a family myself and am very conscious of that fact. This is why I worry when I see the (local) industry I love going in a strange directon. DJs should decide what their fees are, and when you are eating from them, you tend to be a lot more picky.

Oscar, your right on all accounts here and no matter how much one might despair one must value one self and profession. Club owners have not only gotten cheap about paying for DJ but other things as well. I love being a DJ because I love the music and have such a good time seeing people enjoy themselves that fact that I can make a living at it, is a plus. I'm all for a standard to go by for DJs to follow after all there should be a set pay rate for DJs. I'm insulted when club owners feel they can just put anyone up there after you've done your work and created a following for the club. Oscar I'll say this you have been bless with good fortune and talent and have learned to work the system. They are a lot of talented DJs out there who won't play the game and others who aren't so talented who know how to be in the right place at the right time. So its like everything in life, it's a crap shoot and hopefully we don't end up crap.

Guest Edgar V

Oscar For President!!!!!!!!!

It is true what he stated. If you have a regular 9-5 and are very happy with it, you don't take somthing as a booking fee seriously. Yea it's a great way to make a quick buck doing something you love, but if you are not in it for the long haul then that takes away from all the djs who have busted their asses working in the scene to get to where they are right now.

Back to the topic at hand :

Stryke you're the man!!!!!! And if this club can't realize that you are the man to do their job then F**** EM!!!!!

MY $.02

Guest slamminshaun

Oscar brings up another good point. I was a moonlighter and certainly didn't count on my DJ money to eat. However, as a matter of principal, I'm not going to whore myself out either. People ask me all the time why I don't play as much as I used to in my hometown. Well, ask any of the local DJ's here what they are being paid and I bet they brag to you that they make $100-150 for the whole night. How do you compete against that? One of the many reasons I am now a spectator....