Clubplanet Nightlife Community

goodbye to my good friend Bruce Wilcox [MEMORIAL INFO FINALIZED]

Guest stryke303

Guest arefresh

Since all the clubs are not the same these days. Why don't we through a Park Party---Synder Park is still around :)

We can all connect-reflect and chat on our new found lives...

That would be cool ;D

Music of all styles again, not just one.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gspencer

Greg has created a new thread for people to reply to if you are planning to attend the service,just let him know how many of you will attend so he and Drew can make the plans.

thanks

Graham

Guest obby

Can't get the damn BBC code thing to work for me here ???

but here's my link to some cool flyer scans I've posted on Myspace,

R

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=4257243&blogID=7083835&MyToken=5879a2a9-c6f4-40a2-b059-17125324d1b2

01EDGECARD.jpg

Damn now that brings back memories. I once had a credit card style card for the edge that was super dope. I think I still have it somewhere. Dark, with the word "The Edge" on it in large font and with a little little dude on the corner of the last letter looking down over the "edge".

Just some words that remind me of Bruce:

Humble

Helpful

Giving

The Edge (Orlando)

The Edge (Ft Lauderdale)

Firestone

Warsaw

Y&T

Specs (Believe it)

Minty - Useless Man (We laughed at this track many times)

Rampant - Prankster "Carl Cox's Jumper Mix" (How many times did I bother you for this one?)

Paragliders - Share Of Bitterness (Thank you thank you thank you)

There are so many things in my life that I can associate Bruce with which tells me that all in all, he is still with us and always will be.

Guest Jasp182

I'll be there plus 2

is that who I think it is???

Greg...of course count on me & Arlene, Sal & Amira, Armando & Lauren, etc. Hopefully this won't be the weekend of May 13th, because I'll be out of town that weekend.

btw...shouldn't this also be a sticky thread?

Guest junkieCjunkieDO

You know every day that past brought me closer to Saturay night! If you haden't been there you don't know what I am talking about! 12pm Sunday afternoon the faithfull screaming last song for the fifth time! All I know is even know I only had a fue meaningless conversations with Bruce I feel more like he was my home boy for all the good times . We will miss you!!

Guest noelsanger

I didn't realize that there was such a great memorial thread going on or I would have posted days ago... It never occurred to me how much I owed Bruce until he went missing. The more I think of it, the more I wish I had a chance to tell him. I always look for the good in things and the silver lining but some things just effing suck.

I moved to Miami in the end of 1994, and every single sunday morning I would get up at 3AM, shower and put on my baggy raver pants and drive ALONE up to FT lauderdale to dance. SOBER AND ALONE. lost in the music. I dont know if I can put into words how formative those sunday morning church services were for me.

Bruce played the first "progressive" record I ever made, off dat, before it was finished and he was the first name in the special thanks. He pointed me, like a lot of you, to the RIGHT records at Y&T and later, Specs. He knew his shit and he knew he knew his shit and was never afraid to tell me things others might have been reluctant to... he probably never thought I listened, but even when he pissed me off a little I knew he was right. I remember sitting in my car out front of Y&T playing him some terrible remixes I was working on, somewhere in 1995 desperate for his approval and not quite getting it, but getting loads of encouragement just the same...

I'm just really fucking sad that I don't remember the last time I even saw Bruce since it's been 6 years since I lived in Sofla. and those six years have been a blur, between the blessings of my three amazing children and the mixed bag ups and downs of the fast-paced music "business". I really really really really really wish I could have had just one chance to tell him what impact he had on me and thank him for it.

It isnt like Bruce and I were super close, that would disingenuous of me to say. But since I found out he was missing, he has occupied a lot of my thoughts and I have prayed for him every day. It made me realize how heavily weighted his words were to me, and how important he was.

Thank you Bruce.

Guest arefresh

It never occurred to me how much I owed Bruce until he went missing. The more I think of it, the more I wish I had a chance to tell him. I always look for the good in things and the silver lining but some things just effing suck.

I really really really really really wish I could have had just one chance to tell him what impact he had on me and thank him for it.

It isnt like Bruce and I were super close, that would disingenuous of me to say. But since I found out he was missing, he has occupied a lot of my thoughts. It made me realize how heavily weighted his words were to me, and how important he was.

Thank you Bruce.

Nice post, these are my words to.

He & I had a sort of falling out & I took for granted that he'd always be around & never was the "better man" to clean off the slate & come clean with my true thoughts (as is life at times). We'd see each other from time to time @ Grooveman but I hadn't had a "real" conversation with him in about 8 years. Damn ego's' seem to get in the way :-\

He's probably seeing all this now & saying "Damnit!!! , people really "DID" care about me :'(

Guest noelsanger

one more thing: I keep remembering the words of one of our time's great spiritual voices ram dass. this letter was read by wayne dyer on his newest PBS special and it is in his new book as well. a totally different circumstance but the absolute beauty of the words is relevant and, i hope, healing.

As taken from Wayne Dyers new book

*Inspiration your ultimate calling* page 165 & 166

"What follows is one of the most poignantly inspiring letters I've ever read, written by my dear friend Ram Dass to the parents of a young girl who'd been brutally murdered."

Dear Steve and Anita

Rachel finished her work on Earth and left the stage in a manner that leaves those of us left behind with a cry of agony in our hearts, as the fragile thread of our faith is dealt with so violently. Is anyone strong enough to stay conscious through such teaching as you are receiving? Probably very few. And even they would only have a whisper of equanimity and peace amidst the screaming trumpets of their rage, grief, horror, and desolation.

I can’t assuage your pain with any words, nor should I, for your pain is Rachel’s legacy to you. Not that she or I would inflict such pain by choice, but there it is. And it must burn its purifying way to completion. For something in you dies when you bear the unbearable, and it is only in that dark night of the soul that you are prepared to see as God sees, and to love as God loves.

Now is the time to let your grief find expression – no false strength. Now is the time to sit quietly and speak to Rachel, thank her for being with you these few years, and encourage her to go on with whatever her work is, knowing that you will grow in compassion and wisdom from this experience. In my heart, I know that you and she will meet again and again, and recognize the many ways in which you have known each other. And when you meet you will know, in a flash, what now it is not given to you to know: why this had to be the way it was.

Our rational minds can never understand what has happened, but our hearts – if we keep them open to God – will find their own intuitive way. Rachel came through you to do her work on Earth, which includes her manner of death. Now her soul is free, and the love that you can share with her is invulnerable to the winds of changing time and space. In that deep love, include me.

In love,

Ram Dass

Guest noelsanger

hey rich- thx for that. it's kind of like i now have another thing i'll never get to thank bruce for, regretfully. and that is the lesson that you and others have stated: never take tomorrow for granted and never waste another day. if u have beef with someone. let it go. if you appreciate someone, let them know. :'(

Guest arefresh

hey rich- thx for that. it's kind of like i now have another thing i'll never get to thank bruce for, regretfully. and that is the lesson that you and others have stated: never take tomorrow for granted and never waste another day. if u have beef with someone. let it go. if you appreciate someone, let them know. :'(

:)

I value all friends, even if we haven't spoken in a while or lost touch, all who have entered my life have entered for a reason. With each realtionship there's an experience & a lesson to be learned by it. Regardless of how that relationship turned out, I will ALWAYS have a place in my heart for them & will never turn down one in need. :-[

Our scene was a lot smaller than it seemed & a fallen brother is a perfect example of how close our ties still remain. Even if you're out of the club scene now, you still have a place in it one way or another.

We were all very fortunate to have gotten into this scene when we did, those who experienced it know, those who didn't will never know because it can't be explained.

Guest gspencer

rich i think you hit the nail on the head when you said if Bruce could see how many people care.

i got on really well with him at one time then it was like after a while i felt like i was not really wanted,i thought i offended him in some way,but it was just the way he was.

and through all that i still had respect for the bloke (you have to)

them 3 - 4 years going to the Edge were the best days of my life.