WHAT DO YOU LIKE ABOUT WMC?

Guest WMC

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest somefiercehouse

more boat parties!

more DJ's that don't usually come to Miami (circo loco crew and friends and the like)

more travel packages might be cool...something with passes to get into parties and at more than just one or two hotels.

a party bus

thats about all i can think of for now. i love the guide that you publish each year...but last years was a little big.....we use it religiously, like the bible of conference...keep that going, just keep it pocket sized...and not gangsta jean pocket size either.

Guest WMC

i love the guide that you publish each year...but last years was a little big.....we use it religiously, like the bible of conference...keep that going, just keep it pocket sized...and not gangsta jean pocket size either.

How many check "the list" or "the guide" from a computer and not the actual printed copy?

Guest coach

i love the guide that you publish each year...but last years was a little big.....we use it religiously, like the bible of conference...keep that going, just keep it pocket sized...and not gangsta jean pocket size either.

How many check "the list" or "the guide" from a computer and not the actual printed copy?

We do both.

Guest WMC

WMC is dissolving into spring break, whether people admit it or not, so for WMC I suggest you ditch the EDM focus and open it up to all genres except hip hop...

WMC is on it's last leg, time to change it up..

After 22 years it's inevitable that more people (non industry related) would eventually find out about the event. This is not neccesarily a bad thing per se. Those who are familiar and participate in the WMC program through panels and other immediately related events are aware of the changes we have been making over the years to accomodate the ever changing tastes and trends in the industry.

You are right that WMC is percieved as a predominantly EDM event but it didn't start this way. In the days that it started..dance was made up of many genres of music.

P.S. why would "hip hop" or "RnB" not be a good genre to participate with?

Guest coach

WMC is dissolving into spring break, whether people admit it or not, so for WMC I suggest you ditch the EDM focus and open it up to all genres except hip hop...

Time for WMC to take back the reigns, I think.

Guest tres-b

You are kidding right?

Guest WMC

Time for WMC to take back the reigns, I think.

It's like buying a pet snake....everyday you feed it and then one day you realize.."holy s*it" This snake is outta control and doesn't want to listen anymore.

Guest WMC

You are kidding right?

no. we're looking for an educated answer or reasoning and not an "anti thug" campaign answer.

Guest dj moyn

yea i use both. while at home i check it online. once i'm down in miami during that week, one of the first things i do is try and find a copy to have so i can check up on events i forgot about it. definatly don't get rid of those. maybe place them in hotels around south beach that helps. i think that's where i got mine last year

Guest WMC

yea i use both. while at home i check it online. once i'm down in miami during that week, one of the first things i do is try and find a copy to have so i can check up on events i forgot about it. definatly don't get rid of those. maybe place them in hotels around south beach that helps. i think that's where i got mine last year

Yes! the print material is distributed to almost every retail outlet,hotel and restaurant on the beach. Wonder if there is enough internet access during conference ? I mean hotels and internet cafes must be jammed?

Guest coach

Increase the tech conference to make it something awesome. Have the exhibit hall much larger and open to the public on the weekend.

Guest Devilicious

A downtown/sobe shuttle... I think the day of ultra this would be particularly useful, but I would love to be able to catch a bus at maybe the 17th street parking lot and be dropped off in front of Space every night at 5am 8)

... I never use the published WMC guide, i do my research exclusively on the net

Guest WMC

Increase the tech conference to make it something awesome. Have the exhibit hall much larger and open to the public on the weekend.

Are there any other tech conferences going on at the same time? And we are working on the public.

Guest WMC

A downtown/sobe shuttle... I think the day of ultra this would be particularly useful, but I would love to be able to catch a bus at maybe the 17th street parking lot and be dropped off in front of Space every night at 5am 8)

... I never use the published WMC guide, i do my research exclusively on the net

Any reason why the published WMC guide doesn't do it for you?

After 22 years it's inevitable that more people (non industry related) would eventually find out about the event. This is not neccesarily a bad thing per se. Those who are familiar and participate in the WMC program through panels and other immediately related events are aware of the changes we have been making over the years to accomodate the ever changing tastes and trends in the industry.

You are right that WMC is percieved as a predominantly EDM event but it didn't start this way. In the days that it started..dance was made up of many genres of music.

Then you need to market WMC better so other genres and their fans know all our welcome.

Guest WMC

Then you need to market WMC better so other genres and their fans know all our welcome.

What do you suggest? Where exactly do you think WMC should be headed this year?

It has to become a Festival of all genres, just not hip hop, where all sorts of genres are being played. Right now we have a few players in this town, LP and Grutman, who monopolize the entire WMC, they jack up prices, they get the best artists and the rest of the time the other djs are meaningless in the grand scheme of things. Fill that void with country, rock, indie, etc... Nickjunkie told me about a indie fest in texas that does 5000 people!

The problem is, people would say this would scare off the wmc crowd and my response would be, they are dying breed anyways, whether you fix it now or next year, the fact is it has to be fixed. Plus remember now, downtown Miami probably will be gone by wmc 08, so i'm not sure what's gonna happen there with no space etc.

Sounds easy and simple, but how you execute that is beyond me. I'm only an expert on the internet. ;D

Guest tres-b

You are kidding right?

no. we're looking for an educated answer or reasoning and not an "anti thug" campaign answer.

I am not a fan of Hip Hop but this genre jumped the shark a VERY long time ago. The rap "artists" of today are nothing more than bling bling marketing projects w little or no talent(see Lil Jon, Ying Yang Twins, etc etc etc...)

Eminem is a talented guy who actually cares about what he puts out. Ditto for Jay-Z although I have yet to hear the new album. Nelly can get it done. Where is Dre?

No comment on Diddy, P Diddy, Puffy, or whatever he is going by these days. I just cant support someone who acts the way he does...

And you cant ignore the "thug" element. Thats like saying ignore the sand when you are at the beach.

Guest dj moyn

Yes! the print material is distributed to almost every retail outlet,hotel and restaurant on the beach. Wonder if there is enough internet access during conference ? I mean hotels and internet cafes must be jammed?

for the internet i do all my research before i get down there. and buy all my tickets before i get down there. the book just helps me remember things i might have missed, and helps for day parties as i tend to not make plans during the day.

and yes some buses for after ultra is almost a MUST. 1st year took us an hour to get a cab, 2nd year took at least an hour and half tho we rested in a hotel since it was cold out and waited a good half hour till we tried again. you've got just about 40k people that want a cab. i almost had fight a few people for stealing cabs from me but i wasn't about to go that far

Guest WMC

You are kidding right?

I am not a fan of Hip Hop but this genre jumped the shark a VERY long time ago. The rap "artists" of today are nothing more than bling bling marketing projects w little or no talent(see Lil Jon, Ying Yang Twins, etc etc etc...)

Eminem is a talented guy who actually cares about what he puts out. Ditto for Jay-Z although I have yet to hear the new album. Nelly can get it done. Where is Dre?

No comment on Diddy, P Diddy, Puffy, or whatever he is going by these days. I just cant support someone who acts the way he does...

And you cant ignore the "thug" element. Thats like saying ignore the sand when you are at the beach.

We have seen a re-surgence of "indie" talent the likes of "Lauryn Hill" "India Arie" and even "John Legend" as well as some innocent bumping 128BPM good RnB. These types of artists are probably still pidgeon-holed into the "hip hop" genre for no other reason than convenience.

These are the types of artists that need to be heard along with all of the other types of music available to us today other than traditional EDM.

Crunk has been done and probably was done after the second "crunk" hit was released. But like everything else...no one expected it to get this far.

Guest frankthetank

It has to become a Festival of all genres, just not hip hop, where all sorts of genres are being played. Right now we have a few players in this town, LP and Grutman, who monopolize the entire WMC, they jack up prices, they get the best artists and the rest of the time the other djs are meaningless in the grand scheme of things. Fill that void with country, rock, indie, etc... Nickjunkie told me about a indie fest in texas that does 5000 people!

The problem is, people would say this would scare off the wmc crowd and my response would be, they are dying breed anyways, whether you fix it now or next year, the fact is it has to be fixed. Plus remember now, downtown Miami probably will be gone by wmc 08, so i'm not sure what's gonna happen there with no space etc.

Sounds easy and simple, but how you execute that is beyond me. I'm only an expert on the internet. ;D

Why put other genres in? Don't you think it's crowded enough during WMC?