Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Pacha Ibiza 1st annual WMC festival - macy gray live show confirmed

Guest djjoncowan

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mbongiovi
Been off line for a few days. Hiberating - the calm before the storm - if you will :)

If it hasnt been announced yet then some may take this as a clue...

http://www.pacha.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=254&Itemid=88

No, has not been announced yet, Jon said if it happens will probably be announced week of, probably next few days. This would be great though, would make a lot of sense now if it was the Jaxx. Can't wait, hope it happens.

Guest phishfan
No, has not been announced yet, Jon said if it happens will probably be announced week of, probably next few days. This would be great though, would make a lot of sense now if it was the Jaxx. Can't wait, hope it happens.

Don't know how accurate this is, but recall Axwell indicates 8:00 pm on his web page, don't remember if it was myspace or other.

I remember Jon saying that the Pacha folks were organizing this, coupled with additional acts upcoming, may make it tough to finalize the set times - just my viewpoint.

Guest mbongiovi
Don't know how accurate this is, but recall Axwell indicates 8:00 pm on his web page, don't remember if it was myspace or other.

I remember Jon saying that the Pacha folks were organizing this, coupled with additional acts upcoming, may make it tough to finalize the set times - just my viewpoint.

Bump!

Guest phishfan
Bump!

I don't think we can give much credence to myspace event times, as several DJs advertise themselves at 8:00 pm. Sarah Main indicates herself at 12:00 noon for whatever it is worth.

Just a few days away from the debauchery and mayhem!! woo hoo!!!

Guest mbongiovi
I don't think we can give much credence to myspace event times, as several DJs advertise themselves at 8:00 pm. Sarah Main indicates herself at 12:00 noon for whatever it is worth.

Just a few days away from the debauchery and mayhem!! woo hoo!!!

I agree. Saying 8pm on your myspace page seems to always be the default, lol.

Guest Tobi-wan

This event was a disappointment. I didn't get there until around 3:30 and left around 8:30. I didn't see Macy Gray (was she there?) I thought she was going to perform right before sunset???

The Swedish boys left much to be desired. I thought they would rock the pool but they kept playing old tracks I have heard countless times. Maybe they are just good producers? Is that what Pacha is about, anthems? I really expected to hear some fresh tracks, I mean it is WMC. Where they saving themselves for tonight?

Guest phishfan
This event was a disappointment. I didn't get there until around 3:30 and left around 8:30. I didn't see Macy Gray (was she there?) I thought she was going to perform right before sunset???

The Swedish boys left much to be desired. I thought they would rock the pool but they kept playing old tracks I have heard countless times. Maybe they are just good producers? Is that what Pacha is about, anthems? I really expected to hear some fresh tracks, I mean it is WMC. Where they saving themselves for tonight?

I thought this event was great!! Sarah main was great - loved it.

Guest mbongiovi

Macey Grey came on around 9:00 and she only performed on song, her new single I guess.

Guest Tobi-wan
Macey Grey came on around 9:00 and she only performed on song, her new single I guess.

Thank you for the reply. Jon kept hyping Macy Gray at sunset being the highlight of the conference. As well as playing for about 45 minutes. I guess he is just a promoter saying anything to get tickets sold. I thought he was genuine with his responses on here but guess not. There were 14 of us in our group and everyone left disappointed with the overall music. Oh well the other events we attended were all good. Sometimes it is hit and miss at WMC.

We were also planning on attending the pool party Sunday but after not Friday we figured Common wouldn't show either.

Guest mbongiovi
Thank you for the reply. Jon kept hyping Macy Gray at sunset being the highlight of the conference. As well as playing for about 45 minutes. I guess he is just a promoter saying anything to get tickets sold. I thought he was genuine with his responses on here but guess not. There were 14 of us in our group and everyone left disappointed with the overall music. Oh well the other events we attended were all good. Sometimes it is hit and miss at WMC.

We were also planning on attending the pool party Sunday but after not Friday we figured Common wouldn't show either.

I didn't make it myself on Sunday, was too beat, but I did here that common did show and did perform.

Keep in mind, that Jon was not really responsible for the talent at the Pacha party. He was just the host hotel and passing on information from Pacha, this is how I understood it anyway. I was a little dissapointed in Friday, but I still heard some good music and a couple rockin sets.

I can tell you though, that the HOPE recordings party in Shine on Saturday night was off the chain.

Guest phishfan
I didn't make it myself on Sunday, was too beat, but I did here that common did show and did perform.

Keep in mind, that Jon was not really responsible for the talent at the Pacha party. He was just the host hotel and passing on information from Pacha, this is how I understood it anyway. I was a little dissapointed in Friday, but I still heard some good music and a couple rockin sets.

I can tell you though, that the HOPE recordings party in Shine on Saturday night was off the chain.

I really enjoyed the whole day (Friday), great music, great vibe, professionally done.

How could you not have a good time with the lineup like that? Just my H.O.

I know that the Pacha guys were running the set times on Friday..

Guest djjoncowan

I'm just seeing this now..... I am sorry you felt that way. I am a man of my word but sometimes things are out of our control. Macy Gray was set to be picked up at 6pm and go on at 7 - the car sat there and she refused to get in... we called and called but she wouldn't come too the event until she was ready - she was very unprofessional in that regard.. overall though the week inside shine and out was tops - get in touch with me next year or anytime you come to miami and I promise to hook you up... I never want anyone leaving one of my events with a bad taste in their mouths so I promise too make it up too you - as for Common, he was there and he killed it...... the night time portion of pacha/defMix was sick - Morales killed it for the last hour and a half - anyways, just hit me up and we promise to get you a good experience... anyone who knows me knows what I am about and hearing this truly hurts my heart.... a promoter is the last thing I am - I do this for the love of music plain and simple... sorry for your troubles

Guest fa55tbenz

You hit it Jon. It's all about the music. No matter what happened, we made the best of it and had a blast. Good music and friends and just plain ol fun.

Guest Corporate
I'm just seeing this now..... I am sorry you felt that way. I am a man of my word but sometimes things are out of our control. Macy Gray was set to be picked up at 6pm and go on at 7 - the car sat there and she refused to get in... we called and called but she wouldn't come too the event until she was ready - she was very unprofessional in that regard.. overall though the week inside shine and out was tops - get in touch with me next year or anytime you come to miami and I promise to hook you up... I never want anyone leaving one of my events with a bad taste in their mouths so I promise too make it up too you - as for Common, he was there and he killed it...... the night time portion of pacha/defMix was sick - Morales killed it for the last hour and a half - anyways, just hit me up and we promise to get you a good experience... anyone who knows me knows what I am about and hearing this truly hurts my heart.... a promoter is the last thing I am - I do this for the love of music plain and simple... sorry for your troubles

Well I thought all the parties, for the most part, were all really good. The Def Mix party got a little wierd towards the end, and the NYC meathead crowd that JP and Calderone attracted are not my cup of tea. But outside of that, I was very happy with the parties and had an incredible time. Props to Jon for all of his hard work, I know its not easy to please everyone, but you can be assured that the parties were a success.

I'll be down in a couple of weeks again, so I'll hit you up and buy YOU a few drinks. Peace!

Guest mbongiovi

I had a good time at every party I went and also had a great expierience staying at the hotel. It was like WMC central there. Good times all in all. Great job Jon, we all know it def. is not easy to organize that many different parties from that many different lables, clubs, talent etc. Excellent job.

So any good events planned for the coming months and the summer at Shine? Let me know, thanks.

Guest francvi

I am afraid I have to agree with you. I got there around 2pm and there was nobody there yet and although I enjoyed Sander, Goldfish and, especially, Axwell and Ingrosso (also by that time the atmosphere was much better and there was a bigger crowed) I have to say that the event was too far from the hype many tried to create. Nothing to do with the amazing beatport parties, which despite being free, had the best atmosphere and awesome line up every day. Each year I learn a new lesson.