Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Pacha Ibiza 1st annual WMC festival - macy gray live show confirmed

Guest djjoncowan

Guest mbongiovi
Party prediction:

All the unknown DJ's will spin 2 hrs sets and the good DJ's will spin for about 45 minutes if they even show up at all.

That's usually how the night goes for pool parties, even more so at the Shelborne.

The party is only ~11 hours long, you will probably only get 45min to an hour (at most) of everyone, this is how almost every pool/day party besides the marathon parties (Jonathon Peters, Boris, etc.) go.

You already have 12 different names on the line-up for poolside, with more to come. This is the norm for these types of day/pool parties, 45-min - 1-hour per performer. If you want more than that from the headliners, you go to one of there night time showcases.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mbongiovi
Only 1 hour????

I want to see Frankie Knuckles but I wont pay the money for only 1 hour of Knuckles :cwm21:

The night part in club shine will be different. You will get more than an hour of the headliners. I was refering to the day party at the pool from 11 - 10:30.

The Def mix party in Shine and the lounge will be diffferent. You have two rooms, club Shine and the lounge and 7 hours 10pm - 5am and only 6 confirmed artists so far, so that gives you 14 hours between the two rooms, giving plenty of time for each artist. I was maininly reffering to how the daytime/pool parties go during WMC. Not the night time club parties.

Guest djjoncowan
Party prediction:

All the unknown DJ's will spin 2 hrs sets and the good DJ's will spin for about 45 minutes if they even show up at all.

That's usually how the night goes for pool parties, even more so at the Shelborne.

for pacha there will be the pool, shine, and the lounge open all for the 18 hr marathon pacha day.... the pacha headliners are confirmed and will do much longer sets than 45 mins. I can also say for 100% certainty they will show up. the only 45 minute show will be the macy gray live show which will be around 6-7pmish - straight from the horses mouth...

Guest djjoncowan
Only 1 hour????

I want to see Frankie Knuckles but I wont pay the money for only 1 hour of Knuckles :cwm21:

in regards to this, frankie and david will be doing shorter pool sets but the night time portion will be one opener, frankie and david.... frankie and david morales will play a minimum of four hour sets for the night time portion which goes from 8-5am and is dedicated to pacha at def mix.... the other artists listed on the night time portion will be performing in the front 200 person lounge of the shelborne.....

Guest mbongiovi
for pacha there will be the pool, shine, and the lounge open all for the 18 hr marathon pacha day.... the pacha headliners are confirmed and will do much longer sets than 45 mins. I can also say for 100% certainty they will show up. the only 45 minute show will be the macy gray live show which will be around 6-7pmish - straight from the horses mouth...

Thanks for the clarification Jon, the flyer leads one to believe different, this is really good news, did not realize that shine & the lounge would be open from 11am - 10pm, as well as 10pm onward, that rocks.

3 areas of music for 18 hours, Fantastic!!! Now that is a festival.

Guest djjoncowan
Thanks for the clarification Jon, the flyer leads one to believe different, this is really good news, did not realize that shine & the lounge would be open from 11am - 10pm, as well as 10pm onward, that rocks.

3 areas of music for 18 hours, Fantastic!!! Now that is a festival.

you can expect this pretty much daily @ the shelborne.... wed = inside and outside noon -11pm - saw @ shine 9pm-5am

thursday - victor and crew poolside noon - 11pm / danny krivit and joi caldwell @shine 5-9:30 / lounge open noon - 5am / Buzzin Fly & compost @ shine 10pm - 5am

friday - pacha - all rooms all day, all night

saturday - jp pool marathon noon-11pm / lounge noon - 5am / hope @shine 9pm 5am

sunday - Common, Jazzy jeff, Mark Farina (mushroom jazz), Biz Markie, DJ irie, King Britt, Terry Hunter, dj3d - poolside noon -11pm - LMR feat sander @ friends in shine 10- 5am - Lounge noon - 5am

Guest mbongiovi
hopefully, with fingers crossed, we'll have something never seen stateside before and is absolutely massive..... get goose bumps just thinking its even an option...... fingers crossed, wait and see...

Any update Jon?

Guest mbongiovi

Jon, on want tickets, both the day ticket and combined day & night ticket say $50 is this correct? Is it just one ticket now that gets you in all day?

Guest djjoncowan
Jon, on want tickets, both the day ticket and combined day & night ticket say $50 is this correct? Is it just one ticket now that gets you in all day?

It is now.. Goes up tomorrow. Get it while you can

Guest djjoncowan
Jon,

did u close the deal on the duo for the pacha ibiza party?

unfortunately, this is gonna be a last minute thing... here is my insider info though.... its a duo that currently is playing no gigs in miami, has a new album coming out and will be here for press features, photo op's etc. as of right now they are playing nowhere but have given pacha their word that if they decide to do a gig, it will be this one so unfortunately no hard news but its looking pretty damn good.... they are a UK duo by the way for a bit of a hint....:shot:

Guest mbongiovi
It is now.. Goes up tomorrow. Get it while you can

Staying at the hotel, don't need one, but I told my friends to get theirs before it goes up.

Guest mbongiovi
unfortunately, this is gonna be a last minute thing... here is my insider info though.... its a duo that currently is playing no gigs in miami, has a new album coming out and will be here for press features, photo op's etc. as of right now they are playing nowhere but have given pacha their word that if they decide to do a gig, it will be this one so unfortunately no hard news but its looking pretty damn good.... they are a UK duo by the way for a bit of a hint....:shot:

You are not talking about Groove Armada are you? They do have an album coming out in April and will be in Miami for WMC. They are already doing a DJ set, at Vagabond with the Crystal Method on Friday, the 28th of WMC, and doing a live show at Bayfront Ampetheater on April 19th for the Bacardi B-Live show. So that might rule the out based on what you said above.

Edit: my bad, I don't believe Groove armada has a new album coming out this year. COuld have been cool though, especially if it were live.

I don't see the Basement Jaxx or Unkle playong anywhere, but I also don't see new albums coming out from either of them, you never knwo though.

Guest djjoncowan
You are not talking about Groove Armada are you? They do have an album coming out in April and will be in Miami for WMC. They are already doing a DJ set, at Vagabond with the Crystal Method on Friday, the 28th of WMC, and doing a live show at Bayfront Ampetheater on April 19th for the Bacardi B-Live show. So that might rule the out based on what you said above.

Edit: my bad, I don't believe Groove armada has a new album coming out this year. COuld have been cool though, especially if it were live.

I don't see the Basement Jaxx or Unkle playong anywhere, but I also don't see new albums coming out from either of them, you never knwo though.

you are absolutely heading in the right direction this time.... it is ONE of the above... stay tuned

Guest mbongiovi
you are absolutely heading in the right direction this time.... it is ONE of the above... stay tuned

Woohoo, I'm finally headed in the right direction. That would be fantastic if it were any of the above, if it happens, are we talking about a DJ set or live PA?

Guest mbongiovi

I'm gonna have to go with the Basement Jaxx, witch would be absolutly amazing. I ruled UNKLE out because they have def. been to WMC before (recently). So has Groove Armada (never live that I know of though), but the only thing I could dig up about the Basement Jaxx was a DJ set way back in 98 which could have easily been forgotten about. Well, this would be amazing if it happpens.

Guest mbongiovi
my guess would be Groove Armada.... we shall see soon enough i hope.

Yea, my original guess was groove armada seeing I know they will be in town. They are doing a DJ set with the Crystal Method on Friday night, and then they are playing live in Downtown Miami 2 weeks after WMC at the Bacardi B-live event at Bayfront Park.

Either one would be great though, especially if it was a live pa. DJ set would be cool too though.

Guest petraxx
Yea, my original guess was groove armada seeing I know they will be in town

That would be great, saw them in Amsterdam Dance Event a few months ago and they rocked

Guest phishfan

I am an owner of a condo at the Shelborne. All I can tell you is, this event will ROCK!!! Even more so if basement Jaxx does appear. They are incredibly talented and play all kinds of music and do it well!

Guest mbongiovi
I am an owner of a condo at the Shelborne. All I can tell you is, this event will ROCK!!! Even more so if basement Jaxx does appear. They are incredibly talented and play all kinds of music and do it well!

Yea, it would be absolutely amazing if that is who it is. Groove Armada would be great as well but the Jaxx would def bring more energy.

I don't own a condo, but I have booked a poolside townhouse, can't wait, gonna be an amazing party.

Guest phishfan
Yea, it would be absolutely amazing if that is who it is. Groove Armada would be great as well but the Jaxx would def bring more energy.

I don't own a condo, but I have booked a poolside townhouse, can't wait, gonna be an amazing party.

If it does turn out to be basement jaxx, the next question is, would they just be spinning, or performing. Their live performances can be quite extravagant. - that would be even more awesome!!