Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Pacha Ibiza 1st annual WMC festival - macy gray live show confirmed

Guest djjoncowan

Guest mbongiovi
If it does turn out to be basement jaxx, the next question is, would they just be spinning, or performing. Their live performances can be quite extravagant. - that would be even more awesome!!

this is tru, that would def be the next question. Actually I think I might have already asked it earlier in the thread, :-)

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JFSwmc

A not-so-quick question re:this party.

My friends and I had a table up-high at the BBC party last year at the Surfcomber. I considered it a great party. Also, it was nice to have a home-base to ran back and forth to during the long day. We've gone ahead and reserved a 'cabana' for the Pacha party under the same guise that it'll be nice to have that home base again (and apparently private toilets).

In any event, I've seen video of prior WMC pool parties at the Shelbourne, and to be honest, they appear very underwhelming (especially compared to how nice the Surfcomber was decorated last year). My question to those 'in the know' is: was this cabana worthwhile getting? Secondly, I know that Pacha has not been an institution for over 40 years by throwing sub-par parties, so what sort of cool stuff/surprises should we be expecting (other than lots of awesome djs)?

(Despite my above tone, I am super-psyched for this party!)

Guest mbongiovi

My friends and I had a table up-high at the BBC party last year at the Surfcomber. I considered it a great party. Also, it was nice to have a home-base to ran back and forth to during the long day. We've gone ahead and reserved a 'cabana' for the Pacha party under the same guise that it'll be nice to have that home base again (and apparently private toilets).

In any event, I've seen video of prior WMC pool parties at the Shelbourne, and to be honest, they appear very underwhelming (especially compared to how nice the Surfcomber was decorated last year). My question to those 'in the know' is: was this cabana worthwhile getting? Secondly, I know that Pacha has not been an institution for over 40 years by throwing sub-par parties, so what sort of cool stuff/surprises should we be expecting (other than lots of awesome djs)?

Personnelly, I am just like you, I like to have that homebase, so I def. think it is worth it. Instead of booking a cabana, my friends and I are actually staying at the shelborne in one of the poolside townhouses, which is right above the cabanas, has two balcony's to enjoy everything from, plus private bathrooms obviously.

From what Jon says, Pacha is actually flying in there own dancers and decorations and what not and tsupposed to be putting on one hell of a party, it is expected to be top notch. The other upside of the Shelborne is that is has a club (shine) and a lounge as well, so all day there will be three different areas of music going, so we are supposed to be getting proper sets (not just 45 min mini sets) from all the talent.

I am expecting this party to be amazing and am super psyched as well.

Guest phishfan

I can tell you that the entire pool area has been re-done, and it looks very nice.

Does not look like prior years. Should be a blast..

Guest copahc
Personnelly, I am just like you, I like to have that homebase, so I def. think it is worth it. Instead of booking a cabana, my friends and I are actually staying at the shelborne in one of the poolside townhouses, which is right above the cabanas, has two balcony's to enjoy everything from, plus private bathrooms obviously.

From what Jon says, Pacha is actually flying in there own dancers and decorations and what not and tsupposed to be putting on one hell of a party, it is expected to be top notch. The other upside of the Shelborne is that is has a club (shine) and a lounge as well, so all day there will be three different areas of music going, so we are supposed to be getting proper sets (not just 45 min mini sets) from all the talent.

I am expecting this party to be amazing and am super psyched as well.

ooh you'r staying in one of those townhouses?? cool. i wanted to do that but we were supposed to have a a bigger crowd coming and now it's only 3 of us.

Guest copahc
I can tell you that the entire pool area has been re-done, and it looks very nice.

Does not look like prior years. Should be a blast..

it was redone since last year?

Guest mbongiovi
ooh you'r staying in one of those townhouses?? cool. i wanted to do that but we were supposed to have a a bigger crowd coming and now it's only 3 of us.

Yea, there are 5 of us that will be there for the 3 nights we have the room, and the two more that will probably join us on Friday night and Saturday night, so it made sense.

Maybe our townhouse will end up being right on top of your cabana, lol.

Guest copahc
Yea, there are 5 of us that will be there for the 3 nights we have the room, and the two more that will probably join us on Friday night and Saturday night, so it made sense.

Maybe our townhouse will end up being right on top of your cabana, lol.

I'm not the one with the cabana, that wsa JFS. I wouldn't mind if you invited me and my lovely girlfriends to come party with you though ;):) :)

we did get tickets to this party, but not so sure we're going now tho. might go to sasha digweed boatparty, but depending on when it starts might head to the pacha party first. we'll seeeee

Guest mbongiovi
I'm not the one with the cabana, that wsa JFS. I wouldn't mind if you invited me and my lovely girlfriends to come party with you though ;):) :)

we did get tickets to this party, but not so sure we're going now tho. might go to sasha digweed boatparty, but depending on when it starts might head to the pacha party first. we'll seeeee

My bad, lol

If you end up going, which you def. should, gonna be an amazing party, look for us, we will be partying on the balconies of our townhouse. Lovely ladies are always welcome to party with us.

Guest mbongiovi
And a lovely man???? :pimp2:

:lol2:

Sure, why not, you seem nice enough ChaaChaa, but I thought you were going to the SOS cruise.

Guest mbongiovi

So Copahc, I see your from Amsterdam, nice, I was there this past summer for a few days on vacation. Good times...

and ChaaChaa you from Spain correct? I was over in your home country two summers ago in Barcelona & Ibiza, Really good times.

Guest ChaaChaa
Sure, why not, you seem nice enough ChaaChaa, but I thought you were going to the SOS cruise.

Yes, we want to go to SOS boat party. But if we dont go to yacht party our plan would be

27-03-08 SOS @ Pawn

28-03-08 MN2S Official WMC Event @ Opium or X-Mix Productions or Def Mix @Shine

We still dont know. We must wait till know anything of SOS yacht party.

PD. Im not the avatar guy!!! Im uglier than he :cwm32:

And I´m spanish!!!!

Guest mbongiovi
Yes, we want to go to SOS boat party. But if we dont go to yacht party our plan would be

27-03-08 SOS @ Pawn

28-03-08 MN2S Official WMC Event @ Opium or X-Mix Productions or Def Mix @Shine

We still dont know. We must wait till know anything of SOS yacht party.

Me and like a crew of 8 - 10 will be at pawn shop for SOS.

Are you going to Pacha, during the day on Friday, that is why I was akling abou the SOS boat party, you would have to leave at like 3:00 from pacha to hit that up, not much time at Pacha.

=PD. Im not the avatar guy!!! Im uglier than he :cwm32:

And I´m spanish!!!!

LOL, hahaha, didn't think you were.

Guest Tobi-wan

I am super-psyched as well. How much was a cabana? What does it include? I sent you a pm yesterday but no response.

Thanks anyone!

Guest mbongiovi
I am super-psyched as well. How much was a cabana? What does it include? I sent you a pm yesterday but no response.

Thanks anyone!

Jon has been pretty dam busy, probably doesn't have much time to reply to PMs, you might want to try e-mailing

shine@shelborne.com

or

wmc@shelborne.com

for cabana or table reservations

Guest copahc

What time does this party start??? the S&D party starts at 5 sooo i dunno. Hopefully it leaves froom somewhere is SoBe and not Downtown Miami.

SET TIMES?????????

Guest mbongiovi
What time does this party start??? the S&D party starts at 5 sooo i dunno. Hopefully it leaves froom somewhere is SoBe and not Downtown Miami.

SET TIMES?????????

I am pretty sure Pacha starts at 11am, but it probably won't get rollin till around 1pm or so.

and

I am not positive, but I think the Sasha and Digweed Yacht party leaves from the Bayfront area in downtown, I could be wrong though.

Guest Tobi-wan
I am pretty sure Pacha starts at 11am, but it probably won't get rollin till around 1pm or so.

and

I am not positive, but I think the Sasha and Digweed Yacht party leaves from the Bayfront area in downtown, I could be wrong though.

Last year the S&D Yacht party left from in front of the Wyndam - Miami Beach. Hopefully the Pacha party comes through big since I am passing up the yacht party this year. Yacht party is 4 hours. Pacha is all day plus many good guests and nice set times!

Is there anywhere to :pothead: at Pacha?

Guest copahc
Last year the S&D Yacht party left from in front of the Wyndam - Miami Beach. Hopefully the Pacha party comes through big since I am passing up the yacht party this year. Yacht party is 4 hours. Pacha is all day plus many good guests and nice set times!

Is there anywhere to :pothead: at Pacha?

shit tha'ts effing far.. is it gonna take a cab like and hour to get there? traffic kinda clears up a little after you hit 20th or so right?

Guest mbongiovi
shit tha'ts effing far.. is it gonna take a cab like and hour to get there? traffic kinda clears up a little after you hit 20th or so right?

Yea, traffic tends to clear up a bit after 20th.

Guest Tobi-wan

Just walk until you get out of traffic then catch a cab. Also make sure it is actually departing from there again this year. You will probably need to check in by 4:30 no later than 4:45. Last year there was a delay leaving due to weather.

Tell John to drop some wicked shit at Vagabond ! :werd: