Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Do Drugs & Alcohol Affect Birth Control????

aboyfrombklyn

ok, seriously, from everything i've read / heard drugs, smoking and alcohol all decrease somewhat the chances of getting pregnant because they can interfere with your girl's reproductive cycle.

the flip side is people have sex when they're fucked up, and that's also when they forget about being safe.

if she's on the pill, just have her ask her doctor. if he's not cool enough to answer her straight up and make her feel comfortable, she should get a new one...

I can tell you that if a girl is on the rag and shes doing alot of E.....it will go away and it may come back a day later or not at all

But BC it doesnt effect it!

IMO

------------------

Hi! How ya doing? where ya been, I had thoughts of you all night long.

Can't describe what you did, but you got me so!

Aolimer: Glowgirl42000

also downtowngirl101

Email: Sugar4@earthlink.net
/>http://homestead.juno.com/deluca04/BowlofSugar.html

Ok, here's the deal. My girlfriend drinks and smokes weed a lot, and she just started taking the pill. I never said that I was still gonna use a condom, but she says that she would be really offended if I still wanted to use one when she's on the pill. I understand where she's coming from. It's not that I don't trust her. I just don't wanna get her pregnant. My problem is the drugs and alcohol. I obviously don't know anything about the pill. I just wanna know if that will have any effect on the pill. Will it not be as effective? Also, what if she misses some days. She says she doesn't, but I think she forgets to take the pill some days. If you were a guy, and you knew nothing about the pill, wouldn't you be hesitant to have unprotected sex too?

I'm not ready for a kid.

------------------

calvin.gif

Originally posted by aboyfrombklyn:

Ok, here's the deal. My girlfriend drinks and smokes weed a lot, and she just started taking the pill. I never said that I was still gonna use a condom, but she says that she would be really offended if I still wanted to use one when she's on the pill. I understand where she's coming from. It's not that I don't trust her. I just don't wanna get her pregnant. My problem is the drugs and alcohol. I obviously don't know anything about the pill. I just wanna know if that will have any effect on the pill. Will it not be as effective? Also, what if she misses some days. She says she doesn't, but I think she forgets to take the pill some days. If you were a guy, and you knew nothing about the pill, wouldn't you be hesitant to have unprotected sex too?

I'm not ready for a kid.

i know that when one is on the pill they shouldn't smoke (cigs and/or weed i guess) but i don't know if smoking effects the pills affectiveness. am i making sense?? ii get effect and affect all mixed up..

------------------

~ * i'm like, hey where that Bacardi at..mix it with the Crisp, baby .. what's wrong with that?! * ~

$tarcapone..e.i.

The only reason you shouldn't smoke on the pill is because it raises blood pressure. That can (sometimes) dangerously combine with BC because the pill itself raises blood pressure. I asked my doc if anything interacted with it before I went on it - he said I was good to go. You should seriously talk with your girl though - if she's missing pills, it's not effective. smile.gif

------------------

Nothing can be as savage as love...one taste is never enough...

cwm4.gifcwm12.gifcwm32.gifcwm5.gif

smoking+pill=high blood pressure/heart attack

missing pills makes it less effective. if she just started, you should wait a month from when she did before you stop using a condom, and if she misses a pill, you should go back to using it for a month since she missed. my doc said this, plus this is also in that little leaflet that comes with the pills.