Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone hear from Chicago Fusion.com?

theprince52

Booyah - ChicagoFusion.com is the baddest club site Chicago has ever seen, even though they cover the glam clubs a little to much. Is anyone here on that board? BTW, did you all hear that DJ PsychoBitch will be spinning with a bunch of other hardasses at Rive Gauche of all places? This is supposed to go down on Thursday the 24th.

L8tr - The Prince

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hum... last night we went to Mars, a burbs club that is pretty decent for the burbs and for a Thursday night, well anyway, some of Chicago fusion peeps were there and I have one question....

How many Chicago Fusion workers does it take to take a picture???

FIVE, yes... count em FIVE of them... all in a row, all dressed in black... is it some sort of conspiracy? Is there some sort of intelligence and surveillance level to taking pictures in clubs?? Hum...enquiring minds want to know!

I think that Mars seriouly needs to rethink their musical selection too.. That music f'ing sucks. I heard songs like Lick It, and Short Dick Men... Come on... And yes Kim it is a conspiracy, a conspiracy to get more pictures of you on the internet for wombat to post on these boards...

------------------

buzzy_mad_md_wht.gif

Kim, why do you have to go and embarrass me publicly, I will admit, I was dancing to that crap.. Oh your so dead...

I was drunk as hell you dork. And I was dancing and making fun of the music at the same time. That's it, Brandon is never dancing again.... ever.... I am now going to be one of those guys on the side of the dancefloor bobbing his head... Roxbury anyone???

------------------

buzzy_mad_md_wht.gif

I really don't understand Kelly's anti-Chicago Fusion sentiment. Chicago Fusion has 1 photographer and her name is Georgia. She's about 5'10", 22 years old and looks like a supermodel. I think that's a little better than the old man who takes pics for chicagoscene. And comparing Chicago Fusion to chicago scene? Please! Do you need a 40 year old doing club reviews for you? I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but to say that CF is "weak"? Numbers wise, it's the most popular club site in Chicago. By the way, does anyone know of comparable sites in other major cities (NY, Miami, Vegas)?

[This message has been edited by theprince52 (edited 05-17-2001).]

People, I think we are digressing.

Chicago Fusion covers one niche of the nightlife scene in Chicago. Personally, I like their site way better than all those other club photos sites like Chicago Scene and Whatsupchicago. I may not be into their scene, but I cannot deny their popularity. They give that scene what they want. They make average people into weekly celebrities and give their following the "see and be seen" lifestyle.

Some of you think that the clubs they hit are garbage, and you have a right to your opinion. If you don't like places like Mars or Nocturnal, then don't go there. If you don't like their site, then don't go there. We tend to get into this "I don't like that" mode and then it turns from "I won't go there" over to "I want that place gone". That's just silly. If you want something deeper out in Schaumburg, then head to Mission, or come down to the city. Mars 2112 is trying to be a trendy tourist spot, and if they are getting a crowd, then they are doing something right.

The nightlife is so vast that it has space for ALL scenes. From the "club community" scene to the Chicago Fusion scene.

BTW...you can't expect a suburban club to be totally deep. I've seen it tried several times and it just fails. The deep suburban crowd just heads to the city every weekend.

D-Jam

<A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.osmag.com" TARGET=_blank> osmagfooter.gif </A>

Chicago Fusion covers one niche of the nightlife scene in Chicago. Personally, I like their site way better than all those other club photos sites like Chicago Scene and Whatsupchicago. I may not be into their scene, but I cannot deny their popularity. They give that scene what they want. They make average people into weekly celebrities and give their following the "see and be seen" lifestyle.

Some of you think that the clubs they hit are garbage, and you have a right to your opinion. If you don't like places like Mars or Nocturnal, then don't go there. If you don't like their site, then don't go there. We tend to get into this "I don't like that" mode and then it turns from "I won't go there" over to "I want that place gone". That's just silly. If you want something deeper out in Schaumburg, then head to Mission, or come down to the city. Mars 2112 is trying to be a trendy tourist spot, and if they are getting a crowd, then they are doing something right.

The nightlife is so vast that it has space for ALL scenes. From the "club community" scene to the Chicago Fusion scene.

BTW...you can't expect a suburban club to be totally deep. I've seen it tried several times and it just fails. The deep suburban crowd just heads to the city every weekend.

D-Jam

<A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.osmag.com" TARGET=_blank> osmagfooter.gif </A>

D-Jam

People, I think we are digressing here.

D-Jam

Originally posted by bouncyboy:

Get off the board loser. Obviously you aren't wanted here. Go play on Chicagofusion since it's so great...

Forreal, dude: "BYE BYE!"

Your only purpose for coming onto this message board was to plug your site. We've all already seen it so that purpose has been served. Quit trying to sell us on it. Just leave and come back in a few months to plug it again.

People, I think we are digressing here.

D-Jam