Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone hear from Chicago Fusion.com?

theprince52

People, I think we are digressing here.

Chicago Fusion covers one niche of the nightlife scene in Chicago. Personally, I like their site way better than all those other club photos sites like Chicago Scene and Whatsupchicago. I may not be into their scene, but I cannot deny their popularity. They give that scene what they want. They make average people into weekly celebrities and give their following the "see and be seen" lifestyle.

Some of you think that the clubs they hit are garbage, and you have a right to your opinion. If you don't like places like Mars or Nocturnal, then don't go there. If you don't like their site, then don't go there. We tend to get into this "I don't like that" mode and then it turns from "I won't go there" over to "I want that place gone". That's just silly. If you want something deeper out in Schaumburg, then head to Mission, or come down to the city. Mars 2112 is trying to be a trendy tourist spot, and if they are getting a crowd, then they are doing something right.

The nightlife is so vast that it has space for ALL scenes. From the "club community" scene to the Chicago Fusion scene.

BTW...you can't expect a suburban club to be totally deep. I've seen it tried several times and it just fails. The deep suburban crowd just heads to the city every weekend.

D-Jam

<A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.osmag.com" TARGET=_blank> osmagfooter.gif </A>

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People, I think we are digressing here.

Chicago Fusion covers one niche of the nightlife scene in Chicago. Personally, I like their site way better than all those other club photos sites like Chicago Scene and Whatsupchicago. I may not be into their scene, but I cannot deny their popularity. They give that scene what they want. They make average people into weekly celebrities and give their following the "see and be seen" lifestyle.

Some of you think that the clubs they hit are garbage, and you have a right to your opinion. If you don't like places like Mars or Nocturnal, then don't go there. If you don't like their site, then don't go there. We tend to get into this "I don't like that" mode and then it turns from "I won't go there" over to "I want that place gone". That's just silly. If you want something deeper out in Schaumburg, then head to Mission, or come down to the city. Mars 2112 is trying to be a trendy tourist spot, and if they are getting a crowd, then they are doing something right.

The nightlife is so vast that it has space for ALL scenes. From the "club community" scene to the Chicago Fusion scene.

BTW...you can't expect a suburban club to be totally deep. I've seen it tried several times and it just fails. The deep suburban crowd just heads to the city every weekend.

D-Jam

<A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.osmag.com" TARGET=_blank> osmagfooter.gif </A>

Geese, stop the madness djamfx! Post overboard!!!

Ok, to the BOY who started this post: Listen here laddie, (woopsy) first off, my name is KIM...not Kelly... We are not about being mean on this board... but hey, you started it, and I will just make my comments back.

I WAS JUST KIDDING with that comment I made. I was feeling silly... now it has turn into a quarrel huh... STUPID!

And just to let you know, I have met most of the guys on this site... and they are ALL 100% adorable/sexy males... wither they like girls or boys is NOT the point here... they are just into more INTELLIGENT things then sex appeal on a web site.

And you learn from your elders, I mean, they do have years more of experience RIGHT???

------------------

0b32d3c0.gif Life is only complicated because you make it so. Remember what it was like to live carefree - and live that way again!

[This message has been edited by kimberlyco (edited 05-17-2001).]

Originally posted by kimberlyco:

Geese, stop the madness djamfx! Post overboard!!!

Sorry about that. This board has been acting screwy. It first did not put my post up, now it repeated it a load of times!

Apologies.

<A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.d-jam.com" TARGET=_blank> djamfooter.gif </A>

Numnbers wise N'Sync are the most popular 'artists' in the world right now... so what?

I think Chicago Fusion covers the glam clubs too much, but that's me... I think every club sucks that isn't about the music first and I think Chicago Fusion with their best tit of the week or whatever features is also all about the glam scene, that's why I think it sucks!!!!

when chicago fusion has links to clubs and <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guestlists</A> , then you can talk about it being better. Citysearch.com has links to about 850 different bars and clubs in chicago.. and reviews and photos of everyone. How many clubs are on Chicagofusion??? 10 maybe 15. It's a decent site, but I wouldn't call it the best, keep it up and make the site bigger and maybe then you can talk. Also you might want to check into getting a new graphics person, maybe get ahold of Wombat off this board.

As for the photographer, it doesn't matter what the person behind the camera looks like, it matters how the pictures turn out.

So until your site has hundreds of links and clubs and photos of all of them and reviews of all of them don't pay yourself on the back...

------------------

b_md_wht.gif

I am not sure why you got the impression that I work for the CF web site (I don't) it's just my favorite web site (different strokes, I guess), and I never even go to citysearch because it's dry, boring, and has no sex appeal. Then again, judging from some of the responses on this board, I don't think too many of you like girls.

"If I wanted a review from an experienced clubber, numbers wise, I'd go with one from a 40 yr old before getting one from a 22 yr old."

I would hardly call Ted Widen an experienced clubber. My point was that a 40 year-old doesn't have any business in a club like Transit, Kustom or Rive Gauche. By the way, If you're 40 and still hanging out in glam clubs ... that's pretty sad.

Dude, there is absolutely nothing wrong with hanging out in clubs when you are older. Shit older people have to have fun too, and isn't that what clubbing is all about? Not keeping an image like the Glamclubbers. I hope I can still hang in a club everynow and then...

------------------

b_md_wht.gif

Originally posted by theprince52:

Then again, judging from some of the responses on this board, I don't think too many of you like girls.

nice intelligent well thought out comment, you fit right in on that site. You better watch it or I'll just show you how much I like girls and take yours.

yeah dude, you got us all pegged, we're all gay.. whatever. you must be in high school or something with stupid juvenile comments like that. Get off the board loser. Obviously you aren't wanted here. Go play on Chicagofusion since it's so great...

------------------

b_md_wht.gif

hey i'm all for barbi dolls in clubs.. they make for great eye candy... and there is room and a need for those types of glam clubs in a city this large.

however... at least admit its a glam club web site and has nothing to do with music..

let's face it.. the only reason that site was put up was so the creators could meet girls and possibly get laid...

goddamn D-Jam!!! and btw you kinda are sounding like rodney king...

dude came on here pushin that site and he got some opinions on what we thought... no one ever said the site should go away or glam clubs should go away, just told him why we think that site SUX shit!

Ignorance and jealousy run rampant on this forum.

Point #1 - I DONT WORK FOR CHICAGO FUSION!!!

Point #2 - CHICAGO FUSION IS THE MOST POPULAR CLUB SITE IN CHICAGO - THEY DONT NEED ME TO PLUG THEM HERE.

Point #3 - Yes, Chicago Fusion covers the 'glam scene' and I admitted that in the first post (short attention spans? Too much Ectasy?).

Point #4 - The people who created Chicago Fusion are a couple who've been dating for over two years. There goes your lame theory about a bunch of guys trying to get laid.

Now that I've made my point, I am going back to CF. I see you people are closed minded and hateful 'elitists' who think your 'scene' is better. Whatever. Thanks to D-Jam for being the only sign of intelligent life on this board. See you all at Chicago Fusion, my name on that board is Prince Albert, and I know even though you'll never admit it, you be checking that site frequently, just like everyone else does.

Ciao.

[This message has been edited by theprince52 (edited 05-18-2001).]

Prince Albert??? So your a dick piercing??? I don't get it dude, why would you name yourself after a stud of metal that gets shoved through a dick??? You are a follower, most popular clubsite my ass. And if you don't work for them then you are a loser with too much time on your hands to know all that shit about who the camera girl is, and who is married to who for how long, come one dude, get a life. I have checked out the site, and if it is so popular then why are there like no posts on the message boards?? What you see and be seen people can't type, what too much coke???

------------------

b_md_wht.gif

B-boy: Easy there, killer.

that dude was prolly just doing his friends a favor by plugging. Any publicity even bad, is still publicity. He was just bein a sore loser in not getting the opinion he wanted to hear when he asked.

sorry Der, just got a little pissed when the guy called us all stupid from "too much extacy" stereotyping us because we prefer underground clubs/music over the glam.. I am calm now, and ready to party all weekend...

------------------

b_md_wht.gif

Originally posted by bouncyboy:

you going to Aura tonight still.. me and Kim were thinking about coming up there for a bit and then going somewhere else.

Is Aura on tonight??? It's close to my place so I may stop in...

-CB

------------------

Martini-01.gif

"There's always an ounce of pub wisdom in every drink that I serve."-CB

Originally posted by bouncyboy:

B2B, always thinking logically, and always having the answer... B2B is there anything that you don't know or understand??

Women, or course wink.gif

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

B2B, man will never understand woman.. I think I could design a new supercomputer, or fly to the moon in a car before I could figure out a woman... but besides that you da man wit da knowledge... with women we are all morons.........

------------------

b_md_wht.gif