Clubplanet Nightlife Community

For your music listening enjoyment

I listen to Jazz, Hip-Hop, Rock, and everything else non-country.

In rotation right now (excluding club)

CSN

Maxwell

Oliver Nelson

Tribe Called Quest

Rippingtons

Creed

Biggie Smalls

Filter

Although the majority is Trance and House, dats da other tunes that fill the gap.

------------------

Let's just say Roger Waters is a musical genius.

Classic Rock is the top of my list when excluding any type of club music.

-Pink Floyd...Zeppelin...Stones...Bob Dylan.. Beatles...U2

80's stuff is great too

-Men at Work...Depeche Mode...J Geils Band...

And of course reggae is good too

-Mr. Vegas... Shawn Paul..

-Rob

------------------

Love the 80's!!!

I listen to latin music, Hip hop, R&B, I like some jazz, alternative is cool...

I like most music as long as it's goo. not to big on country, not into hard techno.. gives me headaches.. classic rock is ok, but I wouldn't program it on my stero. Like Dance Hall, LOVE SWING!!! World music is cool, I have a few records that have "world musci.. I wish I could some how share it with you guys see what you think.. it's good stuff.

I think thats it .... Oh LOVE DISO.. FREESTYLE!!!!

biggrin.gif Lecy

------------------

Anything and Everything with a higher level. I mean, the artist's passion has to be palpable. There are just too many groups going through the motions. And of the ones who have it, there are not many that can keep the intensity going for more than a couple albums. So I will list the albums that I have played the most in the past couple years.

Smashing Pumpkins: Siamese Dream

Tonic: Lemon Parade

Duncan Sheik: Self-titled

Dave Matthews: Remember Two Things

Refreshments: Fizzy, Fuzzy, Big & Buzzy

The Bogmen: Life begins at 40 million

Fighting Gravity: Forever=1day

Stabbing Westward: Wither Blister Burn + Peel

Stone Temple Pilots: Core or Purple

Tin Star: Thrill Kisser

Vertical Horizon: Everything you want

Dishwalla: Pet Your Friends

Tool: Aenima

NIN: The Downward Spiral

Depeche Mode: the last three albums

Interesting list. Ear candy for me the past 8 years.

------------------

well... when I GO to clubs it's usually for pretty deep or hard house. The stuff I listen to on my own time (subway, home, office, airplane) is typically a lot mellower but may still be played in a club somewhere (probably one w/ a stoner vibe).

in heavy rotation are:

Terry Francis - "Architecture"

Richie Hawtin - "Decks, EFX & 909"

Swayzak - "Snowboarding in Argentina"

various - Deeper Shades of Hooj, Vol II

I'm actually curious - how would folks classify the above? I've been told, alternatively that it's trance, ambient house, minimalist techno, etc. so naturally I'm confused.

-tg.

I like pretty much everything from Jazz to Hip-hop through Classic Rock hardcore and punk. Everything except country music.

Such as:

Beastie Boys

Roots

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Thelonious Monk

Hum

Sunny day Real Estate

Seaweed

James Brown

Dee-lite

Biggie

NIN

Descendants

Led Zeppelin

Pink Floyd

When I'm not dancing to progressive trance (PVD IS GOD!!!!), I'm usually listening to ambient music or anything smooth (i.e. Chicane, Enigma). Other than that . . . classical music (anything Beethoven).

BlueAngel

------------------

Music is the language of souls . . .

Hey..tgoodnight...

I am very impressed with your choices...I love Swayzak..its tech-house...I was lucky enough to catch them live on Liquid Todd's show last year..made a tape of it...

If you like that...def get a CD by Aril Brikha...also nice mellow tech-house..

-Jill

------------------

I listen to teh same music anytime and anywhere, clubs, home, car, etc. It's good music, so why shoulf I have to limit it to a certain enviroment? I'm not really a fan of the sound the guitar makes so it is difficult to move me with one. My gf is into old punk (firehose, husker du stuff, not of this rancid crap)and experimental noise so I get some exposure to that on a regular basis. SOmetimes we will just sit and listen to some random sine waves.

Opie and ANthony also get my ear in the afternoons whne I'm in radio range (don't actually own a radio, not worth the space in my rack).

------------------

When I'm not listening to house music, its generally hip-hop or RnB, but I listen to old school hip-hop like Tribe Called Quest, the 1st Nas album (best hip-hop album) De La Soul, Gangstarr, the old Roots stuff, 3rd Bass!

Generally I listen to Maxwell, D'Angelo when it comes to R n B and the new Carl Thomas shit is phat too.

Ali

------------------

I listen to:

Rock'n'Roll, Surf (Beachboys, Rivingtons, Trashmen), 60's garage punk (Sonics, back from the graves compilation etc...), 60's psychedelic rock (13th floor elevators, the Seeds etc...), early punk rock (Stooges, Modern Lovers, Ramones etc...), industrial (Skinny Puppy, Front Line Assembly, Einsturzende Neubauten etc...), free jazz (John Coltrane, Ornette Coleman etc...), acid jazz (Galliano, Brand New Heavies, etc...), soul music (especially philly's sound), trip-hop (Massive Attack, La funk mob, Dj Krush etc...), contemporary classical music (Steve reich, Xenakis, Messiaen etc...), Hardcore (Bad Brains, Mad Ball, Agnostic Front etc...), Illbient (Dj Spooky, Dj Olive, We, etc...), Reggae (especially Dub: Dub Syndicate, Mad Professor, King Tubby, etc...) Old School Hip Hop (Kurtis Blow, Run DMC, Grand Master Flash, Afrika Bambataa, etc...), Turntablism (Kid Koala, ISP, etc...) Music from Mali (Oumou Sangare, Salif Keita, Nahawa Doumbia

etc...) Afro Beat (Fela Kuti, Femi Kuti, etc...), Music from South Africa (LadySmith Black Mambazo, Miriam Makeba), Rai (Cheb Mami, Khaled, Orchestre Nationnal de Barbes, etc...), other music from Africa (Papa Wemba, Babaa Maal etc...), Breton traditionnal music, Occittan traditionnal music, Medieval music (ensemble Tre Fontane, Sequentia, Boston camerata, etc...), Bossa Nova, Samba, Salsa etc...

I'm always starving for new sounds, new musics, ways of making music that I would never think about.

Sometimes I meet people who only listen to one kind of music and I really feel sorry for them, there is so much in music, so much ways of expressing thousands of feeling with sounds that you really miss a lot if you limit yourself to only one kind of sound.

In rotation, right now in my CD player: Iryiwa a compilation of house and dub remix of music from Mali.

The first song is a deep house remix of Nahawa Doumbia by a house dj from Scotland and it's the bomb. (You can find Iryiwa at virgin time square)

Plur,

Joël S. cool.gif

------------------