Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Yay! Oakie is coming July 13th! Who's going?!!

Hey, I love all that shit....Oakie could put on the original Tranceport CD and I'd be in heaven! I'm hoping he busts out "Someone!"

wink.gif Alexandra

------------------

"Sometimes I wonder if my dreams are wild... Sometimes I know they'll all come true" - Ascension, "Someone"

dude i hope you're not right, cuz last time sucked, and if he does it again he's off my rotation!

Originally posted by Nolimit:

Oh no... Summer anthems of 99!

Get ready to hear 'Bullet in yer head'

& Push-Universal nation

& Maurro Picatto-Lizard

Wish he'd reinvent himself

Okay okay! So, Oakey doesn't come out each and every time and decide to play a blinding, euphoric hands-in-the-air set every time.

This is something that I believe that you will all learn to appreciate about Paul.

Years ago in the U.K., Oakey caught flak for playing 'unusual' sets. What he was really doing was trying to puch the boundaries (although I do admit that he was often just breaking the new stuff on his Perfecto label to guarantee sales). Oakey usually plays very much for the connoisseur. His two-year residency at Cream in Liverpool lost a few dedicated followers after a couple of months but when these same followers went to other 'superclubs' over there they found themselves thinking "what is this cheesy shit?" They had become accustomed to his selection of generally non-commercial tunes.

So, my point being - stick with him. Oakey is (has been) here for the long haul and he usually delivers.

Just my humble opinion.

Okay okay! So, Oakey doesn't come out each and every time and decide to play a blinding, euphoric hands-in-the-air set every time.

This is something that I believe that you will all learn to appreciate about Paul.

Years ago in the U.K., Oakey caught flak for playing 'unusual' sets. What he was really doing was trying to puch the boundaries (although I do admit that he was often just breaking the new stuff on his Perfecto label to guarantee sales). Oakey usually plays very much for the connoisseur. His two-year residency at Cream in Liverpool lost a few dedicated followers after a couple of months but when these same followers went to other 'superclubs' over there they found themselves thinking "what is this cheesy shit?" They had become accustomed to his selection of generally non-commercial tunes.

So, my point being - stick with him. Oakey is (has been) here for the long haul and he usually delivers.

Just my humble opinion.

I'm definitely there with all my friends. I glad I finally heard about an Oakey show a few weeks beforehand. Also, did anyone else see Sven Vath on Fri. at Twilo? It's the first time I've seen him him live and it was one of the best sets I've ever seen. He played six hours. Four hours of vicious tech-house followed by two of perfect trance. What a show!

Is anoyone else going to see Carl Cox the night after Oakey? It makes for a great weekend.

Hey all you Oak-E-tards... I would love to be there but I'm gonna be in Ibiza that week... sucks for me... YA RIGHT!! I'll see Oaky in IBIZA that week!! YAY!! so excited to go.. with someone I love.

-AgtX