Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Clubmaster...Don't you think YOUR'E overreacting??

Come on. Was there really any need to delete Dmitry's posts?? Who cares if he is self-promoting. I bet you that 90% of the ppl on this board know about his board anyway. It's not like it's some huge secret. Besides, his board is primarily about JP and SF and this one is a general board w/subject matter conserning all aspects of partying. If ppl are gonna leave this board for that board there's nothing you could do. However, I've noticed that quite a few ppl read/post on BOTH boards as do I. It's not just gonna be Dmitry coming on here and making his once in a very blue moon post. The thing is I think a lot of the (hehe here come's the word..) "old skoolers" are friendly to him and feel a certain loyalty to him if you will. And i gotta tell you, censoring his posts is NOT gonna keep very many old skoolers here. You have to admit he DID have a HUGE part in making this board what it is today. Give the man some credit and LIGHTEN UP!!!! Although I've never met Dmitry personally, I did communicate with him a few times via email and,I believe, in chat and he seems like a great guy. Oh well, just my $0.02.

luv and chocolate,

deedz

There's no doubt Dmitry did a great job promoting for ClubNYC when he was here. He's now off doing his own thing as are we. People will decide what they like more, but we work hard to do what we do here.

We've got a lot of people working hard to bring the best nightlife information to you. We wish Dmitry nothing but the best.

------------------

- Clubmaster

clubplanet.com - nightlifestyle™

clubmaster@clubplanet.com

excellent sidestepping fo the minimal impact dmitry mentioning his board does. How about the real promoters on here who keep up w/ their annoying <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank">guestlists</A> nad also mock the site while plugging their own. I think there is one that has something to do with a random spot of illusionary water in the desert.

clubnyc sold out. most of us are jsut too much of addicts to leave

Props to Randy! You summed it up KID! Dmitry is a Kewl MOFO - I've chilled with him and he's good people ... why censor him??

Look at all the self-promotion all over this board ... but Dmitry is the one that gets cesnored?????? makes no sense ... unless it's a personal thing!

Sorry ... truth is the truth

Rally ...

Randy

Like always you're right on point!

clubnyc sold out to their members - the faithful that were there thinking this was something real, only to be screwed over for the money and commerialization.

the board (b/c of the regulars) used to be so good... too bad it can't be that way anymore....

Bills yes. Registering a domain costs 35 a year or so. A computer to run the server..... Registering the software......

What about all of the useless crap we don't need? How many writers are employed? How much does it cost to advertise in the newspapers? etc etc etc.

The old site was doing jsut fine using teh income from the guestli.sts. It's free to set up ezboards now. As Istated before, those of us that stick around do so because of the memories of each other on here.

Having windows pop up for advertising some unrelated product is selling out. Advertising in the newspapers to attravt even more people t oteh site is selling out.

The product is watered down.

I don't think it really matters what dmitry posted, he built this place. There used to be something called a vibe and he and Jill guided it.

whatever. I'm getting bored quickly as many probably are. There are plenty of otehr ways t ofind out nightlife info. They don't pander to the lowest common denominator. I hope the chat room doesn't get spoiled, but somehow I think the guys at clubplanet will figure out a scheme.

I'm not sure what selling out means? I don't know if many of you know it either? People move on with their lives. I've been on this board a long time (since 98) and yes there have been changes. Things change...that's how it works.

As for selling out, if a band you like gets big people say they "sold out" I on the other hand am happy to see that band succeed as long as the stick to there roots. I don't think clubplanet has forgotten it's roots and if nothing else, in the least, it has brought some of you together. It's a larger community know..new people doesn't mean you have to forget those that you are close to.

ben

Hey take it easy on the clubplanet peeps. People have to understand that this is a business and it has to be run that way. Clubplanet works harder than any other site than any other site which I have had business relations with over the past 3 years.

I agree with flava, give em a break. They have provided all of us with a vehicle to share all these good words.

Beyond that, they provide solid content, cool sound clips, and hook you with the 411 on tons of shit.

I don't know how many of you have run a business, let alone a good one. To be comprehensive and solid, you need to staff and spend money.....how much are we all paying?......Exactly!

So, call it "selling out" or what you will, how many of you would deplete all of your money and resources to keep people informed.

These guys should establish as many ties, sponsorships, and advertisers as they can.

Furthermore, you should be supporting their sponsors and advertisers, it is what makes Clubplanet a more valuable commodity in the marketplace.

Keep the faith people, and keep the love Clubplanet....we're all in this together to continue the growth of our passion and increase the knowledge amongst us.

A couple more cents thrown in....