Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Need romance advice!! (yes, this is club related)

(I promise this is my last post of the day...)

Okay, here's my situation: there's this guy I work with who I like, and I am pretty sure he likes me, too. We both work for the same website, but in different depts, but he and I are always finding excuses to e-mail each other and hang out around each other's desks, etc etc. We've never come out and admitted we like each other, but we flirt like crazy and it's pretty obvious to everyone at this point.

Anyway, I'm 21 and he just turned 30, but the age difference isn't a big deal. Neither is the fact that he has a girlfriend of 2 years who is always on the road (at least not as far as I'm concerned!). But what is a big thing is our lifestyle: he is very laid back and conservative...he has a house in the Hamptons and goes there every weekend to chill, and is NOT into the club scene at ALL. Meanwhile, I go out all the time and LIVE for clubbing on the weekends.

Anyway, this guy has just invited me to spend the weekend with him (no girlfriend) at his house in the Hamptons at the end of July. I've been bugging him to come out to a club with me forever, so I told him I'd only go with him to the Hamptons if he came out to a club with me first, and he said it's a deal!

So, my question is, when and where should I bring him out with me? The choices are basically Twilo for S&D next week, Twilo for PVD in July or Roseland for the Oakenfold show in July (I love trance, in case you hadn't noticed). I want him to see me in my element, but I don't want him to be freaked out and overwhelmed, I just want him to have fun (and I want to hook up!). But all of those nights are going to be pretty intense events, so I don't know...he is very preppy and conservative and doesn't do drugs (although he knows I do x), so I don't know if he can really handle Twilo...I mean, there is no way in hell I'd ever bring him to SF, I mean he went to CPI 2 years ago and was mortified!

Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions of other places I could take him? I totally want him to experience Twilo in all its glory but I just don't know if he would like it or not. So is there somewhere in between I could take him, like maybe on a Thursday or Friday night? I don't think he would like Cheetah Thursdays, but maybe Liquid?

Anyway, any suggestions of places I could bring him to have a good time on a Thursday or Friday, or do you think I should just blow his mind and bring him along to PVD, S&D or Oakie? I was thinking Oakie might be a really cool experience (seeing as he's an Oakie virgin) and less scary then Twilo, but I don't know.

Opinions? Suggestions? Help!!! Thanks guys!

smile.gif Alexandra

[This message has been edited by Alexandra (edited 06-19-2000).]

well first of all - good for you girlie, go get him, hehehe!

yeah - i love twilo so much, but that's def. not the place to take him . . . especially not on a s&d or pvd nite - i don't know how much fun he'll have. You could always try Roseland, that wouldn't be too overwhelming. hehehe, and when you make the better choice, Cheetah Thursdays are a plan. biggrin.gif

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen

dancing were thought to

be insane by those who

could not hear the music."

ok. i also agree. i understand that you love clubbing (who doesn't? :P ), BUT, i am assuming you would also want to be able enjoy the clubbing experience with him, but also enjoy him. i would probably want to hold out on big events until he is comfortable, so that way, if you go off dancing, and he just wants to chill on the side and watch, then it won't make you feel uncomfortable.

if you bring him to a big one, he may not be all that comfortable, and make you feel uncomfortable too. however, this could go the other way too; he might end up having the time of his life, and so could you. hey, this could always be more of a possiblity if you slip him a pill, right? eek.gif haha, kidding. i don't condone persuading people to use drugs... wink.gif

good luck. personally, i would stick to going to a mid-size clubbing event (whatever that means, right?), and go from there. if you get good vibes, hell, bring him to PVD!

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

ok, i'm 30 so i'll take this one:

- stay away from Exit, SF, Twilo and anywhere else with an average age below 25. it will only reemphasize your age difference and make him feel out of place.

- you might want to avoid trance or hardcore music the first time out. for a newcomer, something like jungle, tech-house or house should be more accessible.

- try to find a place with two rooms so there is a better chance they'll have music he can warm up to.

- see if you can figure out his gay-friendliness... that might make a difference where you want to take him if he doesn't like lots of shirtless boys in his comfort zone.

based on that i'd probably suggest Centro-Fly or Cheetah. maybe Shine which i hear is nice, but also sounds pretty "fashionable" which might not be your scene.

no offense to Vinyl, because i love it, but it only has one room and is a little skanky, so if he's really preppy it might not be his thing. i've taken conservative people there before and really freaked them out.

t.

Hey Alexandra,

I'm not going to be any help whatsoever as to where to go but I just wanted to wich you good luck. If this were the UK I'd say take him to PVD as the UK seems to enjoy a more chronologically diverse crowd.

Well, have fun wherever you go.

Cheetah might be the place to go (Thursday?), not too big, not too crazy. Good luck with this, yes age doesn't matter! But be careful not to let yourself get carried away. Learn about him and let him learn about you. Don't let him change you and make sure he is open to the music, the scene, the crowd, the drugs, etc... If he accepts you for who you are and what you like, then its all good!!!

<<<peace>>>

I'D SAY TAKE HIM TO CENTRO OR CHEETAH AS MENTIONED EARLIER. MAYBE EVEN OHM W/ THE DINNER EFFECT, (ALTHOUGH I HAVEN'T BEEN THERE IN A WHILE). THEN YOU SLIP HIM A LITTLE GHB, NEXT THING YOU KNOW HE'S READY TO DROP BOMBS AND PARTY!!!!!!!!!NA JUST KIDDING. (FUNNY ONE KITTY, COULDN'T HELP BUT LAUGH OUT LOUD). I THINK IF YOU SLOWLY WORK YOUR WAY INTO THE SCENE @ A NICE LOUNGE, YOU MAY BE ABLE TO GET YOUR WAY UP TO THE HEAVY HITTERS.

Look girl, I don't think he can give a shit where he goes out with you. It's all about getting laid to this man. He wants to pull out his cock and get it some action!!! You sound like a snobbish bitch who just wants to show off in front of this guy. You think you're all that don't you? I'm sure you are some ugly looking tramp who has to attract attention to yourself. I can picture you wearing a big ass hat to draw attention to yourself. Am I right about this? You don't go out to go clubbing, you just go out to be seen. So do yourself a favor and just go to the Hamptons and stay the fuck out of the clubs. That's my advice to you. I hate people like this!! Then again you are only 21.

Thanks everyone (well, almost everyone) for your advice, but it seems my problem has solved itself: my honey asked ME if he could come with me to see Paul Oakenfold!!! I said of course, and he said good, because he already bought his ticket on Tuesday when he overheard me talking about it!

Yay! Anyway, I guess I'll see y'all at Oakie...I'll be the blonde chick with the big smile that ISN'T from ecstasy!

wink.gif Alexandra

------------------

"Sometimes I wonder if my dreams are wild... Sometimes I know they'll all come true" - Ascension, "Someone"

alexandra@zoggle.com

Dear Mr. Dicklicker and Mr. Rosenberg:

Thank you so much for taking a break form jerking off and being assholes to everyone to answer my post! See you at Twilo & Sound Factory! Have a great day!

smile.gif Alexandra

------------------

"Sometimes I wonder if my dreams are wild... Sometimes I know they'll all come true" - Ascension, "Someone"

[This message has been edited by Alexandra (edited 06-22-2000).]

Alexandra you are a fucking idiot!!! Stop asking stupid questions on this board. Go take your man to Central Park and dance to some Bette Midler. Stay away from the clubs because you bother me. What does this girl look like? Do me a favor don't go to PVD on the 21st. Better yet go and bring your 40 year old boyfriend. You're an idiot Alexandra, a complete fucking idiot!