Clubplanet Nightlife Community

the tunnel needs a swift kick in the ass

i'm sure the reason it was that empty was b/c of the holiday- it has been awful there a long time now... they haven't even had their liquor license for like 3 months- but they finally got it back and are trying to bring back the party. Some new dj's in the smaller rooms- and finally a super resident dj- johnny vicious. I know i'll be there since i think vicious is off the hook and i'm sure the party will start to resurface.

-Rob

------------------

"And thus they give the time, that Nature meant

For peaceful sleep and meditative snores,

To ceaseless din and mindless merriment

And waste of shoes and floors."

The fact that i just moved back to NYC, and had not been to Tunnel since D-tour, i was just kinda wondering what ever happened to my Tunnel, and decided to go, i was scared to see most of the old area's were roped off, or not there anymore? It looks very run down, and it looks like it has not been updated since the begining of Kurfew?

Kurfew>>>>>UGH! very gay, lol, didnt like it

i miss the old TuNNel, Whats up? with that?

why is peter letting it rot out?

i was at the tunnel last sat, and i have to admit it was very dead, not like it used to be at all!! i heard they got their liq liscence back, how come i didn't see anyone being served or drinking?? and when's johnny vicious supposed to dj there, anyone know? i really hope tunnel comes back again because i would hate to see it be closed down.

Why does everyone always post I hate Tunnel, or something of that sort, but they keep going back week after week and post the same shit?? If you complain about it, but keep going back, obviously you dont hate it..

And FYI, I highly doubt Johnny Vicious will be there.. Tunnel NEVER comes through with any kind of special act/dj.. They promote fake parties just to get people to show up.. Pathetic if you ask me.. If I recall they booked Johnny Vicious about a year ago, and he was a no show.. Dont hold your breath..

------------------

Hit My Damn Music...

Maybe the reason why the Tunnel was so empty was because people still don't know that they got there liquor license back. Another reason could be people are protesting, like me, because they got jipped when they didn't have there liquor license. I paid full price to get in there to find out later they weren't serving! I was pissed! I stayed for about an hour there. Crazy!!! I'm still pissed!

We decided to stop by the tunnel on saturday,

and there must have been about 500 people there at the peak of the night. I haven't been there in 1-2years, but I never expected it to be that bad. Maybe it's because it was 4th of July weekend, and I hear it's better on Fridays, but I couldn't figure out how they even made $$.

The space still has such potential, but they need to do something to fill that place up. Maybe a rave in there or some special events w/big name DJ's.

Any ideas- maybe P. Gatien will read this and take our advice - maybe he'll laugh in my face because there's no $$ to do anything.

Wow I remember just 2.5 years ago when i was there on thanksgiving they announced that there were 7000 people in. So crowded, took me 1 hour to get tto the bathroom upstairs.

Now I can rollerblade there..or drive in and park my maxima. Last good party there also thanksgiving...with boris this past year..

Don't think Tunnel will come back...But if they ever close for rennovation , I'll be there for grandopening party...

tottally agree

that was the last good party and last time i was there

thnagsgiving

and even that wasn't that crowded

but it was def a good party alot of old faces showed up for that one

it was the place to be

------------------

oasisnyc.8m.com

(Oasis9389@aol.com)

EXIT GUESTLlST, firday or saturday 201-725-8858

(oasis guestlst)

Originally posted by jaysea:

The fact that i just moved back to NYC, and had not been to Tunnel since D-tour, i was just kinda wondering what ever happened to my Tunnel, and decided to go, i was scared to see most of the old area's were roped off, or not there anymore? It looks very run down, and it looks like it has not been updated since the begining of Kurfew?

Kurfew>>>>>UGH! very gay, lol, didnt like it

i miss the old TuNNel, Whats up? with that?

why is peter letting it rot out?

Peter G. = no power ...he's unable to do anything anymore ...unfortunately he's done just like ClubUSA, Palladium, the Limelight and the Tunnel (R.I.P. x 5)

------------------

...Ph0eniX

[This message has been edited by Ph0eniX (edited 07-04-2000).]

The problem with Tunnel is that it's being stupidly run while places like Twilo and Exit laugh all the way to the bank with people's money.

If they renovated the place and brought in start djs--the place would be packed.

Think of a possible party like this: Paul Oakenfold At the NEW TUNNEL.

If that was true, that placed would be jammed. Obviously, Gatien must be broke 'cause he ain't doing shit about it. He should sell it to someone like EXIT's owner to stop the pain and suffering.

tunnel is the worst club ever, you need to be on some serious drugs to even walk in there, would be real dissapointed if vicious wasted his sick skills on a bunch of little kids who wouldnt know good music if it hit them in the balls!

ahhh I remember the days with Junior and Danny...

"Ladies and Gentelemen Welcome to The Tunnel"

*sigh*

I don't think oakenfold would fit in that space either i totally agree, i don't even bother talking about the whole tunnel thing, but i've read the space is for sale by the owners for around 11 million...It needs to be renovated, better managed, bottom line...

"Baby Do You Feel Me?"

Mac

------------------

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to no one." Louis Armstrong

FeelTheseBeats@aol.com

ANCHOR, I couldn't agree with you more. Vicious playing for the current tunnel crowd seems highly unlikely and unimangiable.

what they need to do is reinvent that place. Gatien has the ability to do it, he should use his somewhat notable reputation to get that place off it's feet. At least for one Saturday a month, start off slow if he needs to. That place is such a gem and it could be made so much better, it would be a shame to see it die out. New York has been with the tunnel since 1980, to see it die would be a disgrace.