Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Jpeters..continuned,,,,,

Thats funny B2B..drama!!!...but seriously...Chicago is to house, as to Detroit is to techno. Damn, what the hell happened to those house days. Danny is, and every other DJ on the planet is influenced by those house days, as well as those techno days. NO MATTER WHAT TYPE OF MUSIC YOU PLAY! They are all cohesive, in some form or another. As oppose to DJ's: what's a fuckin' DJ. Plays other peoples tunes. That's all. Maybe, like PvD, and some others which I am forgetting, will play his/ her own shit (a quarter of their sets). But, here is the catch, what DJ's out there play the inaccessible tracks. Tracks that are heard today and NOT gone tomorrow. That is the point. From MY point of view, Jonathan Peters plays shit that will be gone in like a month or two. Sure, people go out to see him play. Why not. People go to bars right? They listen to a CD changer right? So they will go out to see whatever DJ is playing. But, are they moved by the DJ's selection? Are they geniunely impressioned by his track sleection? Can they hear the DJ's set in their heads goin home, or the next day? To me. all the songs that JP plays are indistinguishable. They all sound the same, for the most part(I heard him like 2 or 3 mo's ago, and that's what his set consisted of, as of the other times that I have heard him before that). That's the beautiful thing of human nature. We are allowed to have opinions. Those opinions help in turn, with the making of great, and not-so-great music. But who is to judge. I'm not the all mighty overseer that says, ok JP sucks ass, and EB is the mesiah (just an example). That's what this discussion is getting to! For me, these DJ's influence my music, as well as leave an impression on me: John Digweed, Danny Tenaglia, Paul van Dyk (NOT WHEN HE PLAYS IN NYC!) and Mistress Barbera. So, when I leave the club, I still hear the set in my head. Heck, I still hear John Digweed's 6:30AM set from 2 months ago in my head! That is the point people! By the way, I loved most of tourism smile.gif

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed 100% pershoot.

We all are allowed our individuality but this was getting silly. Some people just want to have ago to be confrontational because they think there is a right and wrong, black and white with no gray.

This is surposed to be a discusion forum, not a forum where you say unsubstansiated crap like "YOUR CRAP!! WTF are you doing on a NEW YORK messageboard trying to abuse NY djs?? Try finding a Chicago MB, and post there.. Take your WACK Chicago djs and shove them up your ass.. There is something really wrong with you bro.. Why must you come on this board and post DUMB shit like that.. Obviously your Chicago scene is lacking, if you feel the need to come spend all your time on a message board dedicated to the NEW YORK club scene.. You really need to STFU and find somewhere else to play asshole.."

But hey Tranza there will come a time that you grow up, it not all bad, it's all good.

------------------

I want to go out blazing not fade away.

It's not just about the notes played, it's about the spaces in-between.

top.gif

Originally posted by back2basics:

What the fuck would you know about music anyway? And you certaily dont know anything about Chicago house... if you did you would realise that deep soulfull sound DT plays is based on it.

I dont know anything about music.. That's why I love this messageboard.. I fit right in with the majority of the people on here.. ( Not all, but most )..

I love reading your posts cause you give me the best info on music and djs, and you really know it all.. That's why I read your posts.. rolleyes.gif

If you wish to continue this petty arguement, I'm all for it.. I can go all night long.. If you wish to stop, then STFU and lets end it..

..Tranza, Feeling stupid.. rolleyes.gif

------------------

Hit My Damn Music...

Originally posted by Pershoot:

Also, DONT COMPARE DANNY TO JONATHAN! There is no comparison. The style of music is way, way off. That's like comparing John Digweed to Paul van Dyk. You just can't do it! So please, don't. If you wanna have an intellectual conversation about JP, then let's have it. Just don't throw factors that are not related.

HAHAHA- intellectual conversation LMAO!!!! biggrin.gif

-Rob

------------------

"And thus they give the time, that Nature meant

For peaceful sleep and meditative snores,

To ceaseless din and mindless merriment

And waste of shoes and floors."

you know.....last time i heard JP, all I heard was noise. Mixing was off, but fuck the mixing. He plays the same song for like 1/2 hour or so. There are people that love him (I can't understand why). When eddie was spinnin there, he was good, really good. The vibe in there was phenomenal. No guidos, no crackheads, nothin. Just pure energy. Then he sold out, and started spinning horrible like. I remember JP being ok the first time I heard him. Maybe it's not his fault. Maybe it's the crowd that he is playing to. DT plays way diff in Vinyl then he played at Tunnel. I love DT though, and will for many years to come. I can appreciate JP, but cant find myself to listen to his music. DT def plays more homely now at vinyl. I love it. Even his builds are mor down to earth. He played damn good at Tunnel too! But i used to see him in the booth, with his head down, just not feelin it. He left a couple o months after that. You should see him in Vinyl through the booth. So happy, smilin, jumpin around. I would like to see JP play in his booth. I will give him mad props if he actually feels the music he plays. Or is he just playing the music, just to play it? What are you thoughts?

hey wise i bet u hang out at twilo with the geeky raver, ugly girl and chinese crowd..................i think ill stay at factory with all the beautiful women. bcuz no matter how good or bad the music is anywhere u go.......the bottom line is i will never be the loser u are because when i go out on sat nite i go and get laid...while u are more interested in the music

Also, DONT COMPARE DANNY TO JONATHAN! There is no comparison. The style of music is way, way off. That's like comparing John Digweed to Paul van Dyk. You just can't do it! So please, don't. If you wanna have an intellectual conversation about JP, then let's have it. Just don't throw factors that are not related.

tommysauce,

the "CHINESE" crowd? oh god, must we always have some bigot, racist asshole on this board? think a little before you type.

god forbid this "CHINESE" person here step into SF, right? finger.gif

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

Originally posted by tommysauce:

hey wise i bet u hang out at twilo with the geeky raver, ugly girl and chinese crowd..................i think ill stay at factory with all the beautiful women. bcuz no matter how good or bad the music is anywhere u go.......the bottom line is i will never be the loser u are because when i go out on sat nite i go and get laid...while u are more interested in the music

THATS A PRETTY DUMB THING TO SAY ... OBVIOUSLY YOU AN GREASY GUIDO WHO DOESN'T HAVE A CLUE ABOUT MUSIC ... DON'T TALK SHIT AND THEN TURN AROUND AND MAKE A COMPLETE ASS OF YOUR SELF ... I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU WERE JUST AGRUING ABOUT THE MUSIC ..NOW YOUR SAYING YOU RATHER GET LAID ....WHATEVER... YOUR A MORON TOMMY

house.....you wanna compare hard-house...which is not doing a damn thing to the house movement...just makin divas' noses flare up...house is tribal, hard basslines, soft & deep rhythms, etc. Not this regurgitated crap that eddie, and the like play. That's my take on house. Please leave your derogatory comments to yourself. Don't rag on other people for their views tommysauce, just add your +2 cents, not -2.

tommysauce,

if you don't know what's racist about stereotyping an entire crowd as "chinese", then i don't know what to tell you. just as everyone in SF are "guidos" right?

ignorance is bliss, isn't it? rolleyes.gif

------------------

*kitty19*

*turn it around baby*

Racist comment? Hmm, well, most of hte asians I know at twilo happen to be of korean decent. Are they all the same to you? A lot of people go to clubs based on the music coming out of the speakers, not the sexual orientation or nationality or even beauty of the crowd. I think body odor might be a problem while I'm trying to get my feet moving, but I can't condemn anyone else before I spell myself first.

Produce under synewave? Does satellute have enyhting you put out, cuz I'm going record shopping anyway tomorrow. If you know what you are talking about and can call dt shit then I have to check out your work. Any drumrolls in your tracks?