Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone misses BIG FRIDAYS at the ROXY besides me???

Richie

i definetly enjoyed myself at big friday at roxy and miss the party. when they reopened in april it was pretty good the first nite and i never made it back cuz i heard it went downhill. Boris was so much better back then. Now he spins way too mainstream.

-Rob

------------------

"And thus they give the time, that Nature meant

For peaceful sleep and meditative snores,

To ceaseless din and mindless merriment

And waste of shoes and floors."

I enjoyed that party as well, until security got a little out of control. Might have had something to do with all the "dirty" water & the girls they were finding in the curtains at the end of the night.

------------------

"In the underground integrity lies within, in the underground image doesn't mean a thing."

"To dream of the person you want to be is to waste the person you are."

Originally posted by cesarleo:

DAMN....I REALLY LIKED THAT PARTY. BORIS WAS BETTER AND THE PLACE ROCKED ON THE MAIN DANCE FLOOR. PEOPLE WOULD GET MAD FUCKED UP IN THE BACK BEHIND THE CURTAINS. COULDN'T EVEN TELL YA HOW MANY PEOPLE I'D SEE GETTING CARRIED OUT.

One of the bouncers told me that they were bringing tons of G through the back door & pouring it in girl's water bottles, not sure how true this was but there were tons of people falling out all over the place.

------------------

"In the underground integrity lies within, in the underground image doesn't mean a thing."

"To dream of the person you want to be is to waste the person you are."

I totally miss that party! Roxy 98 was insane. I never missed a Friday. I've never been to a place where I started counting down the days till next time the second I walked out of the door. Definately one of the best looking crowds. I met so many people from going there every week if not by name, then just by face. It will never be the same......

w/ tsettos spinning, i doubt it but who knows. maybe this time around he better prepared for an nyc residency. then again maybe the world will be rockin relentless and final chapter all winter. who knows...

but big fridays was definetly a great party. just wish boris would spin that way at exit now, and then i would give the place another chance.

-Rob

------------------

"And thus they give the time, that Nature meant

For peaceful sleep and meditative snores,

To ceaseless din and mindless merriment

And waste of shoes and floors."

Do I miss Roxy? Yes! I loved that room. Do I miss A-Z and Gonzaga making a bunch of noise. Hell No! They destroyed the so called "new party". I would go only if a "real DJ" played there. A-Z spins garbage IMO and Gonzaga----words can't describe. What a shame. Such a pretty room and it had to get ruined. It was so much fun 2 years ago. Boris had that place rockin' .

I guess nothing good lasts forever. Oh well.