Clubplanet Nightlife Community

CD Burners... Help

I'm looking to get a CD burner for my laptop. I'd be using it to burn mp3's converted to WAV,PC programs, and artwork.

Any suggestions on what is good and what is crap? What do these things run for?

Any help would be great

Thank you very nice.

------------------

** Shake It Baby **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Tchick

Originally posted by ichi_gami:

but there are also some new ones to consider...http://tech-report.com/reviews/2000q3/plexwriter/

Yeah, thats what I have, a Plexwriter. I like it, the HPs are decent & probally the best external drive you can get but for internal, i'd go with the plexwritern ...

------------------

dancer-10.gif Put some pep in your step DANCER-11.GIF

Hp's are definately a good choice. Mixde in with the newest version of the software, it very easy to use and very fast.

I would suggest skimming through www.pricewatch.com to get an indication of how much they run depending on where you buy it. Once you have a ballpark, there are a few other sites actually that are pretty good, I dont have them with me at the moment.

------------------

Myrlin

druid3.gif

i have a hp 9110 and it was about 3 when i got it. its an 8x speed and w/ my P3 at 600mhz i can burn a cd in less then or around 10 minutes. it also came w/ acid music, which is really for music generation, but i use it to break up live sets that i have into different tracks.

-Rob

------------------

"And thus they give the time, that Nature meant

For peaceful sleep and meditative snores,

To ceaseless din and mindless merriment

And waste of shoes and floors."

Hmmm burner for a laptop?

I don't think that's a good idea.. you'd prolly be better off putting it in a PC...

The reason is speed... if it's external it's gonna take longer to burn.. Unless you could get ahold of a SCSI external one.. hmmm...

PlexWriter 12/10/32A CD-RW is supposed to be like the hottest shit and it runs for about $300.00........I don't know if it's external or internal right now though... That would be the most you would pay for a burner.

------------------

gohanssj2.gif

<I'm a Fire-starter>

--- When the Artful speaks

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

asthanos.gif

Amacom makes a laptop baby CD-RW that's 4x4x20 w/PCMCIA for $359.99... it's slim as hell.. you might want to look into that one as well...

Fuck... when are they gonna make a CD RW that doubles as a DVD already? Dammit!!

There's a portable CD-RW 4x4x24 by Kanguru... it's $319.99.... and you can get a PCMCIA cable for it for like another $50.00.. it comes with a USB though... if you wanted to just use a USB port for it...

This one looks like a CD walkman.

------------------

gohanssj2.gif

<I'm a Fire-starter>

--- When the Artful speaks

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

asthanos.gif