Clubplanet Nightlife Community

wuts wit girls these days?

I think you are right sweetie.. It is a shame though.. But it also depends on which girls you are interested in..What age are we talking about?? If I can be of any assistance or guidance let me know I have been there...I can give you honest, critical advice.

cwm1.gif

------------------

------------------------@

vampienyc10

vampie@aol.com

"One is not born a woman, one becomes one."

- Simone de Beauvoir

sa1227.gif

I agree that many girls are like this now-a-days because I like this. After getting hurt, i dont want to do a repeat so its easier to just hang out and dnt get into a relationship. Dont get me wrong, if I found someone who could make me see they wouldnt hurt me and wanted to be with the real me, then I would in a heartbeat. But most guys dont want a girl so why let ourselves get hurt? Some of us cant afford a broken heart again.

------------------

Disco-02.gif

There's an old Irish saying -- 'there are no strangers, just friends who haven't met' -- so, until we meet, may peace and plenty rain down upon your head.

I think thats more of a NYC thing than in other places...it also shows how NYC women are very independent...the only other cities where chicks even come close to this are DC and LA.

Other cities most of the women are just too "ditsy" and "old-fashioned". I don't really like that.

------------------

Music saved my soul!

In my mind, getting hurt shouldn't be the reason to stop wanting something serious. Of course it depends on the person, but I guess I'm just very naive and do not hold other people responsible for what others did to me in the past. I might be the only girl out there who still wants something serious smile.gif Having fun is of course great but I found it to be so much less fulfilling than a real relationship. And the question should be what's with guys nowadays? Guys do the same thing - want to hook up for a day and move on. So I think it goes both ways.

[, if I found someone who could make me see they wouldnt hurt me and wanted to be with the real me, then I would in a heartbeat.

[/quote

i would be with the real you and treat you right if you were the type of person i was looking for..whoknows maybe you are..i know i like to joke around on this board a lot but im being serious.

------------------

i only speak the truth

peace image-jaune.jpg

Originally posted by nightcrawler:

i never seem to meet any girls these days that want relationships, they all just want to hook up without the "hassle" of a relationship....its like girls are becoming more like guys, maybe its just me, anyone else feel this way? cwm25.gif

yup, you just described me.

can u explain urself a little more divalicious, wut do u mean by steady guy but not serious relationship? do u mean steady like the two of u would be exclusive? i think the girl im talkin to is thinkin on the same track

yeah, i want an exclusive relationship (i've never been into the seeing multiple guys thing) but i want it to be fun and mutually caring, while being easy-going and non-restrictive.

------------------

icon9.giflove.gifbiggrin.gif

Peace Love Happiness y'all

[This message has been edited by divalicious (edited 09-27-2000).]

Who wants to be tied down that's what I wonder. Men get so possessive, some even after only a couple of dates. After that they're all over you when you're out in a club, it's hard to even dance anymore when they cling to you. Well I don't know about other girls but I hate that (and just love being single).

cwm1.gif

------------------

~~homepage coming up!~~

At this point in my life. i would just want to have a casual relationship..No strings attached type of deal. i dont want to have to answer to anyone, i've been doing it for long enough, now that I'm finally free..i want to do what i want and be who i want to be with whenever i want...

------------------

~~PaRt TiMe AngEL angel.gif PaRt tImE DeViL~~ sgrin.gif

i know what ur sayin kitty but how do i show her?? i mean like i said she is playin games, so do i play right into them? give in to her every wish? were still in that "lets see who will get jealous first" phase, i dont think being jealous really will help the situation, so what is a guy to do?

hey nightcrawler.........if she's playing hard to get, then you do the same, and if she cares about YOU and realizes she may lose you then she'll come around .......you seem like a nice guy so don't worry about it

Originally posted by siciliagirl:

hey nightcrawler.........if she's playing hard to get, then you do the same, and if she cares about YOU and realizes she may lose you then she'll come around .......you seem like a nice guy so don't worry about it

thanks for the advice sicilagirl thats what i'll probably do, i doubt things are gonna go well with this one anyway but im not gonna give up on the relationship thing just yet, one of these days i'll find a good girl for me...hopefully.

cwm7.gif

------------------

beware of the darkside.... vader1.gif

sorry, I just couldn't hold this in any longer...

um, hello, but his is not the 1950s...suprise!...yes, women are starting to take control over their personal and sexual relationships---much in the same way that men have for decades. this implication that women by nature are supposed to be nurturing commitment-seeking angels is silly. and this is directed at the overall tone of the comments here, not at anyone specifically. so it's now year 2000 and women want the option of "playing the field" or just plain sleeping around. or maybe--and here's the most crazy part--they just want to enjoy their life, their independence, just "be."

a relationship, at least a substantial relationship, requires a lot of work and compromise. there are definite benefits one receives from the sacrifice, but that is a decision for each individual to make. and the decision often changes as her goals and life structure change. For some reason, most of this country believes that marriage is an accomplishment in life, not a progressive stage in a relationship. People are so conditioned to believe they have to be in a relationship that they jump too quickly into them...you go out with someone 3 times and suddenly you're in an exclusive boyfriend/girlfriend relationship. Personally, I'm happy to see people taking their time to enjoy themselves and enjoy life on their own terms before they begin to involve someone else in it.

I'm not saying relationships are bad. I'm not saying everyone should be alone. But I believe it's much healthier for people to keep encounters on a more casual level until they feel emotionally responsible enough to make things more serious. I'd much rather see a woman dating/flinging around and happy, than see her getting into a relationship with someone out of fear of being lonely or pressure to conform.

and I also feel that it's silly to make generalizations that women don't want relationships. there are too many variables. You can't expect to meet a partner in a club (though I have). A club is an environment that encourages the exact opposite. People are there to get down and let loose. It's more about physical interaction, mostly because it's too loud to talk. and many people are chemically altered in one form or another so you aren't interacting with their geniune selves.

Age also has a lot to do with it. Younger people are usually in a stage in their life where they're just experiencing things for the first time. which would make them more likely to want more casual relationship, see "what's out there." On the flip side, a lot of women feel their biological clock ticking nearing 30 and start seeking relationships--marriage to allow them to have children.

Of course it's frustrating when we feel alone because we keep meeting people who don't share our needs. But people are too complex to distill it all down to a simple formula.

whew, that's all.

: )

FireGirl

------------------

"I have only one burning desire...let me stand next to your Fire..."

Well said, firegirl!! One should DEFINATELY not be in a relationship until they feel that they are emotionally and mentally ready to. There are just way too many young people these days rushing or holding onto a relationship when they know they are not done experimenting with what life has to offer AND this is how people end up getting hurt!!

To the girl, GO! Go and see, taste, touch, hold, screw, hear EVERYTHING and EVERYONE that you want to. Do it all!! And then when you're ready, hopefully you'll meet the right guy/girl and live happily ever after!! icon14.gif

To the guys . . . what can I say?? Good things come to those who wait!! Meanwhile, you guys should do the same!! Too many young guys want to settle down these days. WHY?? Go play!! Especially you, nightcrawler. You're only 21 yearsold!! Go experiment with life . . . have fun. The more you know the more you'll be able to offer a girl when you meet one who's ready to settle down. wink.gif

BlueAngel

------------------

"Every generation laughs at the old fashions, but follows religiously the new."

- Henry David Thoreau

angel.gif

I think girls are satrting to get real..... Sometimes, people are in a point in their lives were its not the right time to be in a full time relationship. Grils always need to have a steady everyday-calling-for nothing relationship. We can give each other caring and love, but in a modern, convenient, efficient way. If maybe that's what we both want... Why not?!?!