Clubplanet Nightlife Community

AOL 6.0

What a piece of shit. Half the time I sign on and my buddy list doesn't show up till like 5 minutes later, and lately people have stopped recieving my IMs halfway through our conversation. Anyone else have this problem? cwm23.gif

- Ali

------------------

This weeks gigs:

Friday - Julie Steven's baby shower

Saturday - Sound Factory 5th Floor

PM for guestlist

my school banned aol 6.0 .. they said it messes with all the netowrk settings and can cause it to crash...AOL is getting close to sucking just as much as microsoft..all they try to do is monopolize everything

------------------

freeze.gif "There is no guest list tonight"

AOL itself has sucked for a loooooooooooong time. I highly recommend to everyone using it to get off. Get a new provider and just use AIM.

-Oo

------------------

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image."

---"You have wings! Why don't I have wings?!"

---"Cause you're a boy, silly."

"For the Greeks, the hidden life demanded invisible ink. They wrote an ordinary letter and in between the lines set out to write another letter, written in milk. The document looked innocent enough until one who knew better sprinkled coal-dust over it. What the letter had been no longer mattered: what mattered was the life flaring up undetected..."

GGGRRRRRRRR I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT!!!

I upgraded this past weekend and just screwed up my whole system. After calling up AOL tech support (which is run by monkey's on crack) 9 TIMES no results! I had to uninstall/reinstall, defrag my pc. I found a 5.0 disk and reinstall 5 again, 6.0 can kiss my ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------

People come into your life for reasons not yet known, keep your mind, heart and soul open.

AIM: Xxlea77

i hate 6.0 and refuse to use it also becaues it wont update my address book or my favorite places.. well i also used 3.0 untill 5.0 came out and i got a new computer.. every newer verson of aol they come out with GETS WORSSSSSEEEEE..

and what i dont understand is if 6.0 is fully made why do they keep emailing me asking me if i want to be a 6.0 beta tester?

------------------

~LiPz~

aim:LikmyLipz

"if g-d hates freaks so much, then why did he create them? Freaks are like gormet dishes in SoHo restaurants. Cucuembers with lemon mousse on salmon baked with chocolate. It dosen't make sence. Its inedible. But some chef keeps comming up with more and more bizarre combinations. And theres always people to eat them."

Move on!!

AOL is just a stepping stone for the beginning of your computer career. Everyone leaves it after a while.

I never had it but I've always heard bad things about it. I do use AIM though.

------------------

blultbar.gif

A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to it's old dimensions.

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~

hmmm, a stepping stone, eh? Been online since 1985 (yup, 8 years old) with MCI Mail. Been through the locals, been through the free school connection, got the work freebie, have netzero; AOL is the one I went with and stuck with when I was traveling quite a bit. It has its annoyances, and its conveniences as with any provider, so it balances out. So I am still with it. This is 14 years later, and after having worked in tech for several years at different levels. So it is not neccessarily a stepping stone for everyone, sometimes just the least of evils. Esp. when it is sometimes the only local dial-up!

Meantime, I have stuck with the last stable release of AOL, v4.0. I have a copy of 3.0, if anyone wants it, though! LOL.

------------------

"Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Originally posted by ichi_gami:

hmmm, a stepping stone, eh? Been online since 1985 (yup, 8 years old) with MCI Mail. Been through the locals, been through the free school connection, got the work freebie, have netzero; AOL is the one I went with and stuck with when I was traveling quite a bit. It has its annoyances, and its conveniences as with any provider, so it balances out. So I am still with it. This is 14 years later, and after having worked in tech for several years at different levels. So it is not neccessarily a stepping stone for everyone, sometimes just the least of evils. Esp. when it is sometimes the only local dial-up!

Meantime, I have stuck with the last stable release of AOL, v4.0. I have a copy of 3.0, if anyone wants it, though! LOL.

hahahaha i still have my 2.5 floppy! in 3.25 and 5.5

i just lost my aol for dos because i was using it for a coster..

------------------

~LiPz~

aim:LikmyLipz

"if g-d hates freaks so much, then why did he create them? Freaks are like gormet dishes in SoHo restaurants. Cucuembers with lemon mousse on salmon baked with chocolate. It dosen't make sence. Its inedible. But some chef keeps comming up with more and more bizarre combinations. And theres always people to eat them."