Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Seems I was a headbanger in high school.....

I asked my parent's to bring all my old albums when they came to visit. I don't have a turntable anymore but I just wanted to see what was in my collection. There's stuff I still love but some of it had me cracking up....Ronnie Dio, Twisted Sister, Scorpions, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Def Leppard..to name a few. Then there's the Dead Kennedy's and the Sex Pistols!! I don't know where those two fit into the mix!! But some of them will forever remain my faves like all my Pink Floyd albums.......These are just a few of many but I got some enjoyment out of leafing through the pile!!

------------------

jumpdei.gif Boink like a snow bunny!!!

uknj@aol.com

Originally posted by cathyo:

Me too! All metal from about 14 to 19. Hard shit too, none of that poser Poison, Ratt, etc... crap. I was more into Biohazard, Metallica, Slayer, Suicidal Tendencies, Type O Neg, etc...

Used to get in the pits and everything. Cracks me up to think about it now...what a jackass!

At about 20 I went alternative, 92.3 type stuff and then onto this!

i still love slayer!!!!! they play some of the sickest shit i ever heard. i also love the dead kennedy's. jello biafra is one crazy dude.

------------------

cop.gif

E C S T A S Y why cause i wanna get high!!!!!

AOL J303J

Originally posted by uknjx2:

I asked my parent's to bring all my old albums when they came to visit. I don't have a turntable anymore but I just wanted to see what was in my collection. There's stuff I still love but some of it had me cracking up....Ronnie Dio, Twisted Sister, Scorpions, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Def Leppard..to name a few. Then there's the Dead Kennedy's and the Sex Pistols!! I don't know where those two fit into the mix!! But some of them will forever remain my faves like all my Pink Floyd albums.......These are just a few of many but I got some enjoyment out of leafing through the pile!!

NICE!!!

I still have my Iron Maiden, Juda Priest, the Cramps, and other shit. I don't remember, they're packed away...

Rock On!!!

cwm11.gif

------------------

spark.gif

Hugh

a.k.a. ibhugh, Bryan Adams

email: ibhugh@yahoo.com

aolim: hugesk8r

9805t.gif

Originally posted by back2basics-:

Yeh i was checking through mine when i was home..

The Wombles Christmas album

The goodies

Adam Ant

I dont remember buying them... great for scratching though... actually the goodies album is great smile.gif

um, i too have Adam Ant!! Was there womble named Andy?? I think I used to have a puppet of him, he had a blue and grey hat and glasses????

------------------

jumpdei.gif Boink like a snow bunny!!!

uknj@aol.com

Seems like there are lot of old headbangers and classic rockers on this board. I've still got all my old vinyl ... Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, The Doors, AC/DC, Guns & Roses, etc. Still listen to 'em once in a while and then I'll switch to Digweed or Oakie .. does this make sense?

I can't figure out the connection between old hard rock and modern electronic dance music, but there must be one ... there's too many fans who overlap both genres. Any amateur psychologists and/or music experts out there want to take a stab at this one?

Originally posted by uknjx2:

um, i too have Adam Ant!! Was there womble named Andy?? I think I used to have a puppet of him, he had a blue and grey hat and glasses????

No i dont think there was an Andy there was a Tobermory Womble smile.gif

Thats the name of the album... wishing you a Wombling merry Christmas... or something like that smile.gif

womb.jpg

Originally posted by back2basics-:

Yeh i was checking through mine when i was home..

The Wombles Christmas album

The goodies

Adam Ant

I dont remember buying them... great for scratching though... actually the goodies album is great smile.gif

nothing wrong with adam ant - got all the albums.

------------------

* i love sex always and forever *

and they tell me that women grow on trees

and if you catch them right they will land upon their knees

Me too! All metal from about 14 to 19. Hard shit too, none of that poser Poison, Ratt, etc... crap. I was more into Biohazard, Metallica, Slayer, Suicidal Tendencies, Type O Neg, etc...

Used to get in the pits and everything. Cracks me up to think about it now...what a jackass!

At about 20 I went alternative, 92.3 type stuff and then onto this!

------------------

blultbar.gif

A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to it's old dimensions.

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~

I had a long time obsession with the Smashing Pumpkins

------------------

~The poor long for Riches,

The rich long for Heaven,

But the wise desire Tranquility.~

*"The only good is knowledge. The only evil is ignorance."* Socrates

*Love always starts with a kiss, and ends with a tear.*

I hear that.

Anthrax, GR, etc.

I used to wear a Metallica tshirt to HS like 4 times a week.

Three explanations I feel for this:

1. Both electronica and heavy metal never hit "top ten" mainstream, so if you were an outsider (not one of the popular kids) or just wanted to be different and a part of something, it was easier to identify with this stuff.

2. FAAAAAST Beats: remember Suicidial Tendencies, or earlier Metallica.

3. Free form of dance: moshing or headbanging, and now going nutz with glowsticks on the floor.

I find this hilarious!!! I just moved into my new place and I too was looking through the vault and found shit like, Quiet Riot (two Metal Health albums), Stryper, Slayer, Megadeath, Metallica(still a fan), Iron maiden, Anthrax, you name it. God those days seem so far away. Some of them I even re-bought on CD, I won't go into which ones..........

Originally posted by stacychase:

how about Bon Jovi.... I own all of their albums from the 80's.

i wouldn't admit that in public. you are much braver than i.

tongue.gif

------------------

you can judge the quality and content of one's character by the way they treat someone that can do nothing for them...