Clubplanet Nightlife Community

One Hit Wonders...

If its one hit, it better be double stacked, if not I like 2-3 hits much better.. cwm32.gif

------------------

Jewel Promotions invites you to CHECK OUT NYC's Newest PROGRESSIVE party SATURDAYS at WEBSTER HALL....

FOR GUESTLIST/REDUCED ADMISSION/INFO e-mail:

jewelz917@yahoo.com or mention the "Jewel" list at the door.

"NOT THE WEBSTER HALL GRANDMA USED TO GO TO"

"fish heads fish heads rolly polly fish heads eat them up yum"

and that men in hats song, we can dance..

------------------

~LiPz~

aim:LikmyLipz

"if g-d hates freaks so much, then why did he create them? Freaks are like gormet dishes in SoHo restaurants. Cucuembers with lemon mousse on salmon baked with chocolate. It dosen't make sence. Its inedible. But some chef keeps comming up with more and more bizarre combinations. And theres always people to eat them."

Name one other song by The Clash that was a hit. The one song people will remember the Clash by is Rock the Casbah. If there is anyone who can name another song by The Clash that was a hit, please post.

Originally posted by mikeegogo:

Video killed the radio star-everybody's favorite trivia question as to the 1st video ever played on MTV!

By the way The Clash-Rock the Casbah as a 1 hit wonder? R U F'ing kidding?

See you on the Dance-Floor

Go-Go

I hope you are joking about The Clash. Should I Stay or Should I Go and I Fought the Law are both by them. There are many more. They were and still are a pretty significant band. Just because your exposure to music is some top 40 radio station doing a throw-back night doesn't mean a band is a one hit wonder and I'm not really a Clash fan. Please be a bit more responsible in what you post so you don't sound ignorant.

[This message has been edited by armada (edited 01-05-2001).]

I'm not really a fan of the group The Clash either. In my opinion, the song Rock the Casbah is a well-known song, thats all of the 80's. I've always like that song a lot.

Originally posted by armada:

I hope you are joking about The Clash. Should I Stay or Should I Go and I Fought the Law are both by them. There are many more. They were and still are a pretty significant band. Just because your exposure to music is some top 40 radio station doing a throw-back night doesn't mean a band is a one hit wonder and I'm not really a Clash fan. Please be a bit more responsible in what you post so you don't sound ignorant.

[This message has been edited by armada (edited 01-05-2001).]

Anybody got any suggestions for One Hit Wonders?

Or songs that are from the 80's and early 90's that radio stations don't play?

I'm sick of all the 80's songs they play. I need some ideas for a cd.

example: Pseudo Echo - Funky Town

Cheesy or not....give me your suggestions please! smile.gif

------------------

"Love your enemies...cause your friends may turn out to be a bunch of bastards."

this is what my best friend thrives on. too bad she's still sleeping, i'd ask her . . . if you know the names of songs, but not the artist, i'll ask her and she'll know. smile.gif

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

"To love someone is something..to be loved by someone is something else..

but to be loved by the one you love is everything.." Rob&Brandie AAF

loves2cox@netscape.net

AIM: loves2cox

Wild, Wild West - The Escape Club

Jenny/867-5309 - Tommy TwoTone

Tap The Bottle And Twist The Cap -

Just think MTV - they'll come to you...

------------------

you can judge the quality and content of one's character by the way they treat someone that can do nothing for them...

Unfortunately I have all these songs on cd already. (Back in my college days everybody called me Sam Goody. I had to keep a database of my cds and track what everybody was borrowing.)

I keep trying to think back to what 45s and record albums I had so I can download them. (God! How odd does that sound! Thank god I missed the 8-track yrs.) wink.gif

Yesterday I downloaded Sheila E's "Love Bizarre" and The Kinks' "Come Dancin'". smile.gif

------------------

"Love your enemies...cause your friends may turn out to be a bunch of bastards."

I love the 80s been collecting rare stuff here are some I have that are considered one hit wonders and not plyed on the radio.

1, The Promise, by When in Rome

2, Melt with you, by Modern English

3, Don't you, by Simple Minds(this on is also in the movie The Breakfast Club)

------------------

They call me Pin2 short for Pintu

Is there a Pin1 and Pin3???

I say I say ol'chump how you say "LETS PARTY"

"Imigination is more important than knowledge" -Albert Einstein

"We all feel better in the DARK!" -PSB

pintuj@hotmail.com

http://www.angelfire.com/nj3/PinJinTu/Pintu.html

sashaandjohndigweed.jpg