Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Union Square Area - After work drinks?

Bwahahaha...

I was gonna say yes I'm there...but then I realized, I am waaaaay underdressed for Union Bar. I came to work today in fleece and baggy carpenter pants with the oldest most raggidy - ass old running shoes you've ever seen. I guess that's a plus for workin at at dot-com.

Hope y'all have fun!

-Slob

------------------

furnace.gif

Hey Ooana,

I work at 8th 15th, I can take the L over there any time. Cool. Not sure yet about the meetup, I could use a drink though. Hopefully by the time you find out the def. place and time I'll know if I can make it. cwm35.gif

------------------

A bag of KB's, $60

A glass bowl, $85

A lighter, $ 1

GETTING HIGH, PRICELESS!!

Originally posted by shugabooga:

i had a GREAT weekend! don't need a drink, i need more sleep! if you guys don't go to Belmont, my suggestion would be Candela, great ambiance, somewhat gothic...

Heh, I'm real under-dressed too. Where's Candela and does it have a dress code?

Union Bar is so empty on Mondays I doubt they'd care what we were wearing, however.

If no one suggests anyplace else, or we don't get an address for Candela how's Union Bar at 6:00 sound??

-Oo

------------------

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image." -Eckhart

"Solitude gives birth to the original in us, beauty unfamiliar and perilous - to poetry." - Thomas Mann

Originally posted by ichi_gami:

maybe I'll just hop that Lex Express and see youse there...

More the merrier!

-Oo

------------------

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image." -Eckhart

"Solitude gives birth to the original in us, beauty unfamiliar and perilous - to poetry." - Thomas Mann

Don't think I can make it down there tonight.... I promised myself I'd cook dinner and maybe go work out as well. But if you're looking for a great unpretentious hangout bar, try O'Hanlon's. It's on 14th St, across the street and ~50ft West of the 14th/1st Ave "L" train stop..... cash only, which keeps most of the llamas out. They have a dart board, Guinness on tap, a few TVs, a great-looking bar and one of the coolest bartenders around (Shamus). Just an idea......

------------------

-=Vejita=-

"Live through the week. Live for the weekend."

Originally posted by vejita:

Don't think I can make it down there tonight.... I promised myself I'd cook dinner and maybe go work out as well. But if you're looking for a great unpretentious hangout bar, try O'Hanlon's. It's on 14th St, across the street and ~50ft West of the 14th/1st Ave "L" train stop..... cash only, which keeps most of the llamas out. They have a dart board, Guinness on tap, a few TVs, a great-looking bar and one of the coolest bartenders around (Shamus). Just an idea......

Thanks for the recomendation! I think I personally will stick with Union Bar today only because I'm being incredibly lazy and its real close to where I work. But will definitely check out O'Hanlons another time.

See all of you who'll be there at 6ish!

-Oo

------------------

Originally posted by ooana:

Thanks for the recomendation! I think I personally will stick with Union Bar today only because I'm being incredibly lazy and its real close to where I work. But will definitely check out O'Hanlons another time.

-Oo

I'll see you there a little after 6...

cwm29.gifcwm29.gifcwm29.gif

------------------

"Up all night...sleep all day."

AIM - E123NYC

IntroLogoM.jpg

Originally posted by ooana:

-Oo

Where exactly do you work, I work LITERALLY around the corner from Union. Same building.

Small world.

------------------

People come into your life for reasons not yet known, keep your mind, heart and soul open.

AIM: Xxlea77

For those of us who work around Union Square...anyone want to meet up for drinks after work? Week's only just started and the day's not half done but boy do I need one ;-) A happy happy hour may be just the ticket to get this week going on the right foot <g> ;-)

-Oo

------------------

Hey Ooana,

I might me down, I work right around there! Name the time and the place and I'll get back to you either way!!!

Being that your so close, maybe we could even get lunch one day?? cwm17.gif Where exactly are you located?

------------------

A bag of KB's, $60

A glass bowl, $85

A lighter, $ 1

GETTING HIGH, PRICELESS!!

I work on 19th and 5th. Lunch sounds like a great idea! There are actually a hell of a lot of us in this area.

Warn ya all, went in REAL lazy to work today so expect a sleepy looking Ooana.

Considering its a monday and it won't be crowded, how does Union Bar sound to everyone? Cumfy couches and lots of room to spread out :-)

-Oo

------------------

I work by Union Square also. I'll probably know by late in the afternoon if I can meet you for a drink. How does Belmont sound?

I'll keep you posted. BAD WEEKEND ALSO.

------------------

People come into your life for reasons not yet known, keep your mind, heart and soul open.

AIM: Xxlea77

so, did anyone have a good weekend? sheesh. ;-)

If I'm not happy houring with people from work (happy we all still have jobs), I might drop by for a drink or two since it's within walking distance from my crib and my office.

------------------

DM