Clubplanet Nightlife Community

EXIT - You've got to be kidding me

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude.... not here to bash Exit like these other hostile kiddies. I tend to have objective opinions, CHECK it out---->

My first night at exit.. I stroll in with 4 of my friends from queens (their first time too!) On the balcony looking down, I say to myself "Holy Shit, this place is huge!" Nice lighting, good looking well dressed crowd (for the most part). We go downstairs and traverse the dance floor to observe the crowd and test the music, which I might say is quite good (based on my comparisons to other clubs like Tunnel--first club ever-- good until they started letting anyone in, Metropolis in Queens --Second club-- okay, but everyone looks the same, SF --third club-- awesome, until Exit opened [i went to the last 18+ night at SF about two months ago and the music was horrible... ugh. the only good song they played was Sandstorm -- I think Draper payed Luv and Lodi off to play this drum+bass techno pop music so exit would have more attendance]. Anyways, my point is that Exit has been very consistent with playing awesome music, song after song, compliments to the man, the god, Tony Draper.. The thing I don't like about Exit is that despite its huge dance floor there is never enough room to really bust a move--Too crowded!! "It's our House!!"

~~justin eric~~

Originally posted by foxyroxy20:

[bAll i know is that i love the music at exit, it satisfies me, so i am not gonna tell u if i get my deep house fix at exit, cuase there will be ppl disagreeing with me, whatnot. so i am just saying that what is progressive house to me, isnt to another, or what is deep house to me,isnt to another, etc.

As long as YOU have fun at Exit . . .that's what's important!!

Listen, Spoony, wasn't criticizing Exit . . . he was making a correction. And not matter how you look at it . . . you really can't call what's NOT deep house . . . deep house. It's like calling a doberman a poodle. Yea, they're both dogs but different kind. Know what I mean?

Don't take it in a wrong way.

BlueAngel

------------------

"The only abnormality is the incapacity to love." - Anais Nin

BlueAngellogo.jpg

To answer ur question i am not going to go into whats deep house, techno, trance, hard trance, progressive, cause everyone has different definitions of each. All i know is that i love the music at exit, it satisfies me, so i am not gonna tell u if i get my deep house fix at exit, cuase there will be ppl disagreeing with me, whatnot. so i am just saying that what is progressive house to me, isnt to another, or what is deep house to me,isnt to another, etc.

once again you seem to be basing your arguments with no substance. besides continually contradicting your claim of public board - can read/write what you want so you are justified in saying what you say, but you chastise others for stating their opinions on false advertisement of music being played at EXIT. spoon and pooh were not dissing exit (although they and i could think of thousands of reason to diss it), they were commenting on the false music advertisement. if they don't like exit, your right, they don't have to go, but it is their right to express their opinions in this PUBLIC forum.

they later ask you if you even knew what deep house is and you respond with "what may be deep house for some isn't deep house for others" crap. sorry, but deep house is deep house and trance is trance just like a duck is a duck and a goose is a goose (damn that sounded corny). i really don't mean to jump down your throat but i have seen you argue without any basis much too often, including arguments with me.

once again, they are commenting on false music advertisement from promoters at Exit, and are not necesarrily dissing exit. read carefully and know what you are talking about before you make stupid comments..

------------------

calvinan.gif

"Strangers are just friends waiting to happen." - Old Sage Twilo

Originally posted by k_car:

once again you seem to be basing your arguments with no substance. besides continually contradicting your claim of public board - can read/write what you want so you are justified in saying what you say, but you chastise others for stating their opinions on false advertisement of music being played at EXIT. spoon and pooh were not dissing exit (although they and i could think of thousands of reason to diss it), they were commenting on the false music advertisement. if they don't like exit, your right, they don't have to go, but it is their right to express their opinions in this PUBLIC forum.

they later ask you if you even knew what deep house is and you respond with "what may be deep house for some isn't deep house for others" crap. sorry, but deep house is deep house and trance is trance just like a duck is a duck and a goose is a goose (damn that sounded corny). i really don't mean to jump down your throat but i have seen you argue without any basis much too often, including arguments with me.

once again, they are commenting on false music advertisement from promoters at Exit, and are not necesarrily dissing exit. read carefully and know what you are talking about before you make stupid comments..

First of all ur r jumping down my throat for my own opinions, i dont see who u r to tell me whats a stupid comment or not, wtf??? Theres plenty of stupid comments being made everyday on the board, why dont u start with them, and u start with me, cause i was responding to some posts. U dont have to read my so called stupid comments, give it a break already..Not everything u say makes sense/or everyone agrees either, or isnt a stupid comment..

What i am saying about the different music categories,is that lots of ppl on the board have different opinions on what is progressive house,trance, etc There has been posts about ppl being confused/or want a better understanding of what is house/trance/progressive house,etc. IMO there is some deep house played at exit if u want me to answer the question, but didnt want to get into it, cause i know ppl will disagree, so i left it alone and said ppl have different views on what deep house is.

Well like i said b4 i am ending this.. no need to go on, cuase its useless.. cwm7.gif

------------------

aim: amafrk1

amafrk1@yahoo.com

IMO there is some deep house played at exit if u want me to answer the question, but didnt want to get into it, cause i know ppl will disagree, so i left it alone and said ppl have different views on what deep house is.

Now I'm not trying to bust your balls or anything, but people won't disagree with you because they have a different opinion. People will disagree because you are simply wrong. smile.gif (the smiley lets you know there's no animosity here.)

I can gaurantee you there is NO deep house played at EXIT. Not just by my definition, but by the definition of any sane human. (remember... no animosity smile.gif ).

I like EXIT, but the description of the club in that e-flyer is just dumb.

------------------

Voted one of the top 3 dj's - Clubplanet Awards 2001

Originally posted by spoonyd:

Now I'm not trying to bust your balls or anything, but people won't disagree with you because they have a different opinion. People will disagree because you are simply wrong. smile.gif (the smiley lets you know there's no animosity here.)

I can gaurantee you there is NO deep house played at EXIT. Not just by my definition, but by the definition of any sane human. (remember... no animosity smile.gif ).

I like EXIT, but the description of the club in that e-flyer is just dumb.

spoonyd knows, he knows!! he knows!! and i know it.

signed twixithead

------------------

jumpdei.gif Boink like a snow bunny!!!

uknj@aol.com

Originally posted by k_car:

do me a favor...go see SPHERIC's post and please define...what is deep house and what is trance.....thank you!!!!.....

Lola

------------------

"I don't want you to love me........"

Look you have to give some credit to Exit. They've been around for what? a year and change? They've been doing big numbers and are constantly making changes to the club. Why is Draper there? Who cares if you don't like Draper then go chill in the Secret room. or the Champagne lounge. or the blue room. Exit is a great club i'm sorry. If you don't like it, then don't go. That simple. I'm not bashing anyone's opinion here, I just don't understand why people always seem to find some club to rip on and make it seem like a shit hole. If you guys need a <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guestlist</A> btw...e-mail me for more info...therelapsetheory@hotmail.com

Tell me then...does everyone have a different opinion of what "rap" and "country" are?? Can I say that Zombie Nation, IMO, is rap, and be right??

All genres of music have a fixed definition...there's no "depends on a person" about it! Tomorrow I shall post the address for a site that explains the different genres and gives a little sample of each.

Peace

PS: DOn't tell me the majority of people go to Exit to enjoy and applaud the DJ. They go for the scene..to be seen, to pick-up, etc (note I say majority).

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

Nietzche

As posted in the Clubplanet.com New York Update (v4.1.3)

Exit http://www.clubplanet.com/r.asp?url=8DF707A948FAC1B4A0F97AA554886EC8

Night: Imagine

Cover: $25

Scene: Young and Trendy

DJs: Tony Draper

Music: Deep House and underground hits

Deep House and underground hits? OMG

pure jokes.

How can I trust anything they send me now?

------------------

Voted one of the top 3 dj's - Clubplanet Awards 2001

Damn, I had to post on this thread all late after the drama...

They do play underground cuts and deep house. Not saying Tony Draper plays it all night. But he does play, mainly after 3am. I admit before 3am, it's the "Hard house cheese" as some people call it. But there TD does play underground and deep house. If he doesn't, then I guess I don't know my music.

Spoonyd, to your thing about false promoting. That undergound/deep house thing is nothing compared to a lot of the other things that was promoted by Exit that was false.

I love Exit, I will always go there. I love the music, vibe and venue. I think it's the best overall club in the city.

------------------

*Did you find your ecstacy?*

E-mail: PrimeKMB2@aol.com

AIM: PrimeKMB2

Actually Dean..

I had noticed more than a year ago how off the updates are in describing the music...and I emailed the person back telling them this..they thanked me and made corrections..

Guess they went back to their old ways...lol

------------------

" I give in to sin ..Because you have to make this life liveable "-DM

Smoknjilly@aol.com

whats with this whole exit haters??? if u dont like it dont go, the ones who love it like me, got no problem with the music,dj, vibe, crowd, give it up already, if u dont like it like i said dont go, but its getting tiring with all this exit bashing.

Everyone has different music preferences, and clubs preferences, so give it up already. cwm23.gif

------------------

aim: amafrk1

amafrk1@yahoo.com

WHY do we always have to BASH Exit..there are some people on this board who actually like it there...

IF you dont like it...we wont miss you...

We non-Twilo heads dont really ever say anything about that club...

You have you thing...and others have theirs..so let us all party in fun...

------------------

Dont ever stop smiling-->you never know who is falling in love with your smile...

I dont cry because it ENDED--> I smile because we HAPPENED..

Sitting here at a mere 5:30am this fine Thursday morning with some of my boys. We're smoking a bowl and reading the trials and tribulations of an adolescent message board trying so hard to POP those TWILO pimples I go on to the next reply and suddenly

d

r

o

p my fucking bowl that I just packed

ever so carefully with mad KB . . . .

Its cool though 'cause no matter what happens, there will STILL BE EXIT THIS FRIDAY WITH TONY DRAPER GIVING ME MY WEEKLY DOSE OF ILL BEATS AT THE PHATTEST NIGHTCLUB IN NYC!!! 4 FLOORS, ROOF, SECRET ROOM, AND ON . . . . guess you just can't handle it.

And no BRANDIE, you don't "have to suck my promoter dick" to get in and enjoy the music and the atmosphere. You have to suck everyone's dick. Let me know later wether the majority is salty or sweet.

Originally posted by 6eclipse9:

d

r

o

p my fucking bowl that I just packed

ever so carefully with mad KB . . . .

Prime example of why only dooshbags go to Exit... you don't see any Twilo head dropping one tiny leaf of mad KB... fucking idiot...

------------------

I had a dream... a wet dream... looks like God is pissing on me again...

caveman.gif