Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Oasis' Noel Gallagher: 'Americans Have 'Bad Taste'

CARACAS, Venezuela (Reuters) - Oasis guitarist Noel Gallagher blamed the "bad taste" of the U.S. public on Sunday for hindering the sales of British bands in the world's biggest music market.

"Americans have got very bad taste, hence the Backstreet Boys," Gallagher told a news conference, adding that the popular five-member boy band from Florida "can't sing, can't play, can't dance".

The Oasis star, whose three-year marriage to Meg Mathews ended in divorce on Friday, called the Backstreet Boys' songs "rubbish" and even blamed them for damaging children's' teeth by promoting soft drinks.

"They should be shot," he said.

Oasis, whose fortunes have declined in recent years with poorly received records and line-up changes, will close the four-day Caracas Pop Festival on Sunday.

The biggest music festival in Venezuela's history, attracting an estimated 150,000 music lovers, it has featured pop legend Sting, Sheryl Crow and teen idol Christina Aguilera.

even blamed them for damaging children's' teeth by promoting soft drinks.

soft drinks? have any of you ever eaten british food...you have to be quarantined after eating fish & chips. biggrin.gif

------------------

say one word i'll laugh and bury you and leave you in the place where you left me...

eh sour grapes

he's just pissed cuz even the most futile minds can see their lack of originality

*cough*

*beetles*

*cough*

-Rob

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

NOEL GHALEGER IN MY OPINION IS WHAT WE "BAD TASTED" AMERICANS WOULD CALL, A TYPICAL, RUN OF THE MILL JACKASS

I THINK THAT HE IS UPSET THAT HE BOTTLE IS ALMOST EMPTY. smile.gifcwm42.gif

------------------

-----"A man makes his sunshine, and he makes his rain. Look at what you have, and where you are, before you say, "I've had a horrible day" Appreciate what you have, and realize how much others wish they could have that much. Live Life, and LOVE IT!" --Me

-----"THE BOWL OF FREEDOM IS KICKED! THE BOWL OF FREEDOM IS KICKED!" Melissa of the NJ ChaCha's

-----"Please hand me that box of Moose from the glove compartment" a Very stoned Veronica Strata

lovepeacetwilo.jpg

twilo.jpg

Originally posted by PFloyd40:

*cough*

*beetles*

*cough*

right on rob!

i suppose his comments would also subscribe to Oasis' past success in the States... afterall, if MTV didn't get on their tip, none of us would even know who this guy is. since MTV is notorious for bad taste, there you have it!

be cool

stephen

p.s. the beatles they are NOT!

------------------

we must cultivate our gardens...

the gallagher brothers are control freaks, immature, whining, temper tantrum throwing egomaniacs.

sounds like he should concentrate on getting his personal life together, instead of bitching about soda commercials.

------------------

you can judge the quality and content of one's character by the way they treat someone that can do nothing for them...

"americans have bad taste?" and there point is what??? it cracks me up that these were the same "bad taste" americans that made their past albums (e.g. - oasis-oasis) so successful. i guess our taste took a turn for the worse like their music cwm32.gif

so much crap from the self proclaimed "best band in the world."

i agree, beatles wannabes... but not even better than, dare i say... the backstreet boys (and they suck too). cwm13.gif

------------------

calvinan.gif

"Strangers are just friends waiting to happen." - Old Sage Twilo

Originally posted by shadowchaser:

even blamed them for damaging children's' teeth by promoting soft drinks.

bullshit. the british have had bad teeth forever.

cwm5.gif

------------------

"Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Originally posted by ichi_gami:

bullshit. the british have had bad teeth forever.

cwm5.gif

Took the words right out of my mouth...they look like they chew on rocks, there teeth are horrible...what do they do brush their teeth with wire tooth brushes...

------------------

I keep tellin Drugs I don't want them..but they don't listen

his whole statement is correct

We do have bad taste, anything that is popular in the moment everybody is all over it.. Jennifer Aniston gets a new haircut everybody gets it..

how many guys do you see with pea coats??

He is right about the BB boys, they cant sing, play any instruments or dance.. why are they popular???

b/c teenage girls spend all there money on them.. thats why, its not what they can do its how much money they can make companies..

they are a marketing dream, but just like new kids they will be gone faster than they came..