Clubplanet Nightlife Community

who here drives a stick?

Originally posted by trancend:

im getting a car tonight, but my friend said driving stick is fun but it gets boring after a while? is this true?

i think a standard is better. it keeps you more involved with the process of driving. like the steering wheel and pedals, the stick serves to help make the car an extension of the operator. it only gets boring in traffic jams.

------------------

i love music!

[This message has been edited by sirdante (edited 04-26-2001).]

Originally posted by trancend:

im getting a car tonight, but my friend said driving stick is fun but it gets boring after a while? is this true?

Sticks are great, but not over here. My mate drives one but he get's frustrated arround town with al lthe stopping and starting.

Cheaper though

cwm1.gif

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

personally, i would never get a stick to drive in the city...its hard enough as is

------------------

i was alone thinking i was just fine,

i wasnt looking for anyone to be mine,

i thought love was just a fabrication,

a train that wouldnt stop at my station,

home, alone, that was my consignment,

solitary confinement,

So when we met i was getting around u,

i didnt know i was looking for love till i found u...

I like driving stick, now I wouldn't by anything else, you have so much more control of the car.

But I agree, stick blows if you live in the city.

------------------

An bag of KB's $50

A glass bubbler $85

A lighter $ 1

Getting HIGH PRICELESS

"WAKE UP TO FIND OUT THAT YOU ARE THE EYES OF THE WORLD" - Grateful Dead

weird%20bob.gif

I would never buy a car unless it was stick. Automatics are boring and leave all performance virtues to the computer. What kinda car you thinking of gettin? If it's a SUV, you may want and Automatic, if it's a sports car definitely stick. Anything German = Stick except for Mercedes. Japanese = stick unless it's a boat luxury car. SUV's = leave it parked at the gas station cause that's where you'll be most of the time... j/k If you are performance oriented, drive fast and want a thrill everytime you are behind the wheel, go stick.

And American cars have lousey clutches and shifters compared to foriegn cars so you may want to consider that. Hope that helped cwm27.gif

------------------

Neo: You ever have that feeling where you're not sure if you're awake or still dreaming?

Choi: All the time. It's called mescaline, it's the only way to fly.

homerxray.gif

-Ricfutures

i've been driving stick since 93 when i started driving,it's fun especially if the car is fast.If u drive a truck or a family car i would go with an automatic,especially if u live in the city

------------------

3aa325950d110e7d.jpg

and then.......THEY FUCKED ALL NIGHT!!!!!!!!!

Sirdante said it best but I have an addition...

Driving automatic is boring, making it much easier to fall asleep while driving. wink.gif I've been driving nothing but stick for 10 years and I'm gonna keep it that way as long as I'm driving... biggrin.gif

-S

Originally posted by ricfutures:

SUV's = leave it parked at the gas station cause that's where you'll be most of the time... j/k

Hey, I'm gonna stick my SUV right up your butt... right after I gas up. cwm5.gif

------------------

March... a month of bad music. April.. a month of pure nightmares.

ezlogo1.gif

Definitely drive stick. I drive in the city all the time...it's not a problem. Getting stuck in traffic with a stick is *slightly* more annoying than with an automatic, but it's not really a problem unless you are on a steep hill (like in San Fransisco or Ithaca).

So, ALWAYS get stick if you can.

------------------

furnace.gif

"Much respect...to the dreamers..."

Originally posted by allmine:

i like mine. driving in the city takes getting used to. AVOID HILLS!!!!!!!!

Awww you fawkin NY *$#%... Hills are nothing. Hills are where I learned how to drive a stick. Come to San Francisco, we'll see who the hardcore manual transmission people really are.... tongue.gif

cwm3.gif

------------------

spark.gif

Hugh

email: ibhugh@yahoo.com

aolim: hugesk8r

9805t.gif

Originally posted by ezdreamer:

Hey, I'm gonna stick my SUV right up your butt... right after I gas up. cwm5.gif

youd have to catch him first, pal! gl. lol.

BTW, ric is obiously biased towards foreign cars. if you dont mind spending extra cash for the same value, buy a foreign car. however, i promise you theres nothing under $30k that can catch my GTP! smile.gif

ric-- you are right, in american cars the parts drop out. but the lower purchase and maintainence costs combined with the fact that i will replace my stock trannie with a HD custom one will make up for it. the whole cost thing is balanced out one way or another. the automotive industry is very competitive so its really just a matter of preference. if you like mods and the roar of a power plant, get american. if you like fine tuning and the whirr of a well oiled machine, get foreign.

also, i want to say, IMO, the new computer driven autos are excellent. i always preferred a stick, but am quite impressed with the automatic in my vehicle. it shifts exactly where i want it to everytime! i have two shift options (normal or performance) at the flick of a button and i can swap out the PCM (programmable computer module) to allow me to downshift from 4-2 or 3-1.

------------------

i love music!

Originally posted by sirdante:

youd have to catch him first, pal! gl. lol.

NYC traffic... stick or no stick, I'll catch him and mow his foreign job to a pulp with my SU fawking V... cwm2.gif

------------------

March... a month of bad music. April.. a month of pure nightmares.

ezlogo1.gif

Sirdante.... nothing under $30k that can catch your GTP??? How about any high displacement Camaro, Firebird, Mustang. Although I am not a fan of them they all have incredible acceleration. Of course ii'm referring to the 5.7L V8s. I'd be willing to give you a run for your money in my Eclipse GT. Of course I might get my ass kicked but it would be fun.

If you dont drive in the city definetely get stick. Only if its a relatively sport car though. Its so much more fun compared to an automatic. Just make sure you know the basics of how to drive stick before destroying a new car. New clutch ~ $800. Synchros/tranny ~ giant hole in pocket.

------------------

"1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21 ....Mathematics is the language of nature" --BT

AIM: teklord310

Does anyone get all confused looking for the clutch in an automatic after you've been used to stick? cwm32.gif

I've only been driving stick for about 2 years but I love it. It was a bitch to learn though!!

------------------

cathysignature.jpgblossom002_60_16256.gif

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~ blossom.gif

AIM: cathyoNYC