Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Which came first for You? The music or...

Allright, I'll step up to the plate and be the first to admit it, the music, a al trance, house, came after the first time I rolled. I was a hard-core hip-hop and alternative music rock fan (Bush, Pearl Jam) until that day i first rolled. Now, I don't even know anything about hip-hop or rock, I am so into trance/house, but luckily though i don't need the roll anymore to appreciate it.

I THINK THE CHIECKEN CAME FIRST

Opps wronge post....

No I started listening to technoback in 93 when Repeat was spinning "James Brown is DEAD" in the LL

I didnt go to my first club till about 2 years later when I was 14 or 15 and didnt drop till I was 18 or so and in Paladium...

The memories.............

------------------

Howz Ya BOX?

Like a Biskit....

bottle1-a.gifAll Gone ecstasy_a.gifThe chemical molecules that make up Ectasy

order: clubs/dancing, favors, music

I had my New Order, DM, Adam Ant collection but I was really going to clubs to dance and meet guys. Then in my last year of college, the European kids started a proto-culture club and began spinning electronic music at all the parties, and the Asian kids supplied the party favors. At that point, going out was about dancing and sharing the high with friends. I didn't really get into the music/DJ until really recently. And now, going out is all about the music and dancing ... need to bring back some of that social butterfly in me though but all in good time. smile.gif

------------------

Work like you don't need the money,

Love like you have never been hurt,

Dance like nobody is watching.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... There was life before E and there is life after E. I've been into house music and clubbing since I was 16 years old. Didn't do anything except smoke a bit of weed, didn't even get drunk for the first time till I was 21.

The music has always been what it's about...

------------------

Is it Friday yet?

Peace Love Happiness y'all

DivaliciousNYC@aol.com

The music definately!! I've been loving this music since puberty. I've only started experimenting with drugs beginning about 1 1/2 ago excluding alcohol and ciggs of course.

BlueAngel

------------------

“Life is like music, it must be composed by ear, feeling, and instinct, not by rule.” - Samuel Butler

BlueAngellogo.jpg

[This message has been edited by blueangel (edited 03-01-2001).]

for me it came at the same time. i had friends that were always going out and finally convinced me to go, and that was it, i was transformed into a house head and now its all about the music and haveing a good time

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! Sorry guys it is

"dont be affraid to walk out on anything in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat coming from around the corner" Robert Deniro

AIM:MSOPRANO13

Email: msoprano13@yahoo.com

Ganster-01.gif "IM GONNA MAKE YOU AN OFFER YOU CANT REFUSE" MSOPRANO13

Originally posted by msoprano13:

for me it came at the same time. i had friends that were always going out and finally convinced me to go, and that was it, i was transformed into a house head and now its all about the music and haveing a good time

no doubt kid

we burnin an L tonight?

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

DA MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!

MY love for free style and r&b soul prepared me for Jack and his groove. cwm9.gif

With that came acid house, then techno trance drum n bass and all in between.

Smoke the trees!!! don't really roll...

maybe friday but some folk caint be trusted to have the good stuff cwm9.gifcwm35.gif

------------------

I want the real thing

NOT tokens.

Originally posted by PFloyd40:

no doubt kid

we burnin an L tonight?

YEA, YOU BUYING????????

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! Sorry guys it is

"dont be affraid to walk out on anything in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat coming from around the corner" Robert Deniro

AIM:MSOPRANO13

Email: msoprano13@yahoo.com

Ganster-01.gif "IM GONNA MAKE YOU AN OFFER YOU CANT REFUSE" MSOPRANO13

the rolling came first for me while i was in college. i graduated in 1999 and then went to europe to backpack for 5 weeks (destinations included london and ibiza) and that's where i fell in love with the music. no matter what country i was in, there were always booming beats being played.

Hmmm... i wonder if i'm the first one to post that clubbin came first for me... then i got into what music i liked..

i have an older brother so i always watched him before going out to clubs and couldn't wait to do the same.. when i was 16-17 i finally went clubbing, basically to dance.. anything with a beat and some bass would have sufficed me then...so, unfortunately and fortunately (yes, simultaneously, both had good and bad points) i explored clubs with the big names... exit, sound factory, tunnel.. i quickly realized the different scenes out there, and as i learned more and more about music, i came to realize what scene/attitude that i would most appreciate when clubbing.. (and for those who know me, u know where i stand with regards to scene and music preferences hehe)

so, first was clubbin, then came the music smile.gif

biggrin.gif peace! --daniela

------------------

FairyAniSparkel.gif

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."

AoL: MAReLuNa

the clubbing/rolling/...

just asking cause i listened to house, trance, etc for 3 yrs before i even took...and i have friends who just started liking the music because of their rolls...

just curious

------------------

i'm only doing this once...until the second time

WEll, I knew about the music before I ever rolled but it wasn't until I rolled and then went to my first club that I really got much into the music. I am SOOO into the music now and not much into the rolling though. I don't really even roll that often at all. I constantly listen to the music though. Every CD I buy is some sort of house, trance CD.

------------------

bluesbro.gif Please meet Jammin' Jimmy, the Dancin' Machine!! (thanks Daniela)!

The music. Didn't actually start clubbing regularly till this summer but been listening to House/Trance for quite a few years.

-Oo

------------------

I am NOT a fag hag. I'm a fairy princess.

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image." -Eckhart

"I heard of a man that says words so beautiful that if he only speaks their name, women give themselves to him.

If I am dumb by your body while silence blossoms like tumors on our lips it is because I hear a man climb the stairs and clear his throat outside our door." - Leonard Cohen