Clubplanet Nightlife Community

On March 2nd... prepare to be schooled @ Limelight...

Guest crystalmethodny

Guest crystalmethodny

Friday March 2nd

Limelight

House 101

Check the drama at the door. Finally, a party centered around the music! On Friday March 2, Steve Groove and Andy Zeee present House 101, the inaugural event in a series of parties created to celebrate the many eclectic styles of house music. Featuring the sounds of Subliminal's own Ani Phearce in the Giger Room, world-renowned producer and DJ Brutal Bill in the Chapel, and NYC's fastest rising star Mike Macaluso on the main floor, it can be argued that this is the finest array of home grown talent ever presented in Manhattan. House 101 - prepare to be schooled!

** Last week at Twilo Carl Cox dropped one of Macaluso's newest tracks, something no one was expecting...

smile.gif

------------------

"Can you feel it?"

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

CrystalMethodNYC@aol.com

www.extremegroove.com

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest crystalmethodny

Oops, forgot to attach the flyer wink.gif

------------------

"Can you feel it?"

CrystalMethodNYC@aol.com

www.extremegroove.com

Guest crystalmethodny

Originally posted by zoom:

Hey,

Can you tell me what these guys are like, their style, who they're similar to, etc? It sounds like an event, but I don't know anything about them...

Sure Zoom...

Mike Macaluso: NYC's fastest rising producer, signed releases with Strictly Rhythm/Groovilicious, Nervous, Dot Dot Dot Records, and Star 69 Records (Peter Rauhofers Grammy Nominated Label). Mike produced one of the top selling Progressive House hits of the year, "The Final Chapter" and recently had a newer track played suitably dubbed "New York, New York" by one of the world's most renowned DJ's, Carl Cox, at Twilo last Sunday for a packed house. Mike has also produced numerous other tracks.

Brutal Bill Marquez: A true veteran of the NYC scene, Bill has played at virtually every club in NYC including Limelight in the past. Bill's reputation as a producer is top notch, who has also released tracks on Nervous, Groovilicious, etc... including a #1 Billboard remix of Pet Shop Boys. Bill has played around the world in his ten plus something years of DJing and Producing House music.

Ani Phearce: Not only is he a DJ and Producer, but he is an executive at Subliminal Records, the United States premier label when it comes to House music. Ani is partially responsible for the ultra-successful Subliminal Sessions at Centro Fly every Thursday.

The way they're going to play though reflects not their production style, but DJ style.

Mike Macaulso: He plans on taking the crowd for a 'trip'... ranging from tech-house, to dark tribal, perhaps a 'touch' of real trance, then up to banging hard pounding house.

Brutal: Will keep the Progressive crowds happy by playing the more atypcical style of music, including vocals, and a touch of the deep stuff.

Ani: Will be laying down Vinyl that consists of more Garage, and soulful house, commonly found at the Subliminal sessions. I anticipate some Tribal as well.

-Steve

------------------

"Can you feel it?"

CrystalMethodNYC@aol.com

www.extremegroove.com

Guest crystalmethodny

Bump!!!

And pass one while you're at it too.

------------------

"Can you feel it?"

CrystalMethodNYC@aol.com

www.extremegroove.com

Originally posted by blueangel:

icon14.gif Gonna go and get me some edumacation on this whole house thing!! cwm11.gif

BlueAngel

YEY!! you will never look back wink.gif

CM, that's looking really good, nice to support other great DJ's apart from 'superstar DJ's' People seem to forget that there are people who are relativly unknown that kick the bigger DJ's arses.

These guys have a SERIOUS track record. smile.gif

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

bsb2.GIF

rrrrrrrrrr

i think i have to work . . . but i am gonna do everything in my power to go . . . but then again since i haven't worked in the past few weeks, wtf is just one more? biggrin.gif lol

*hugz* to my big brother and andy smile.gif

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

"To love someone is something..to be loved by someone is something else..

but to be loved by the one you love is everything.." Rob&Brandie AAF

loves2cox@netscape.net

AIM: loves2cox

Originally posted by blueangel:

BRANDIE!! Long time, girl!! I hope I see ya pretty bum-bum there!

Casey

Hi Cas!!!

yeah, i've been laying low . . . and i was just in pittsburgh because my grandma passed away . . .

i'm gonna try to make it - gotta see if i have to work or not, i've M.I.A. from work for quite awhile now . . .

talk to you soon hun! i miss you! give mitchell a hug for me!!

*hugz*

luv,

brandie

------------------

"And those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane by those

who could not hear the music."

"To love someone is something..to be loved by someone is something else..

but to be loved by the one you love is everything.." Rob&Brandie AAF

loves2cox@netscape.net

AIM: loves2cox

Ahhh.... yes.... The many wonderful flavors of house. This is going to be a phat night... CrystalMeth, first drinks and shots are on me dude. Been waiting for this night since Aztec mentioned it. Cya Friday.

------------------

Neo: You ever have that feeling where you're not sure if you're awake or still dreaming?

Choi: All the time. It's called mescaline, it's the only way to fly.

homerxray.gif

-Ricfutures

Originally posted by housemusic4evr:

Hey Ali, Macaluso isnt commercial?? The description is underground (tribal, tech, etc) but he produces on groovilicios, jellybean... ?? thats a confusing description...

Adam

production and dj style are two totally different things

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

Hellz Yea Im Gonna Be There!

I wouldnt miss this for the world! (And Andy would beat by booty if I didnt show ... lol) Only 4 days left!! I cant wait! I cant! I just CANT!!!!!!!

Okay Im calm now~

xoxo

kAt

------------------

cdrom-ic.gif

- "If I coulD ReACh up And hOLd a STar fOr eVEry TimE You'vE MAdE ME smiLe, tHE enTire evENinG sKy woUld bE in The pALm of My hAnd" - uNKoWN

- "I'm not stubborn. I'm just always right!"

- Myrlin's ho!

Originally posted by misskittie:

Hellz Yea Im Gonna Be There!

I wouldnt miss this for the world! (And Andy would beat by booty if I didnt show ... lol) Only 4 days left!! I cant wait! I cant! I just CANT!!!!!!!

Okay Im calm now~

xoxo

kAt

Oh shit.......Kat makes her return.......I can't wait to see ya..... cwm12.gif

Mikey

------------------

"Some I consider my girlfriends, and some I just consider" - John Bender

Originally posted by tyco:

Oh shit.......Kat makes her return.......I can't wait to see ya..... cwm12.gif

Mikey

Oh come one NOW! Did you *REALLY* think Id miss this one??? Anyway...I gotta give ya a big ole slap in the back of your head for not responding to my email MISTER! lol just playin....cant wait to see ya honey! Can we say "shot of blakhause"????

xoxo

kAt cwm40.gif

------------------

- "If I coulD ReACh up And hOLd a STar fOr eVEry TimE You'vE MAdE ME smiLe, tHE enTire evENinG sKy woUld bE in The pALm of My hAnd" - uNKoWN

- "I'm not stubborn. I'm just always right!"

- Myrlin's ho!

Guest crystalmethodny

Originally posted by housemusic4evr:

Hey Ali, Macaluso isnt commercial?? The description is underground (tribal, tech, etc) but he produces on groovilicios, jellybean... ?? thats a confusing description...

Adam

He's produced on Groovlicious, Tommy Boy, Jellybean, Star 69...

But as PFloyd stated before I could post, sometimes Production and DJ style vary. It depends what the track is, and what particular sound a label might be looking for if they commission him for something other then him shopping a track around.

Even Carl Cox dropped his latest track 'New York, New York' at Twilo.

------------------

"Can you feel it?"

CrystalMethodNYC@aol.com

www.extremegroove.com