Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Best Cell phone plan?

no plans offer the free nights and weekends deal anymore... some give free weekends...

depends where you are, but verizon is generally the best service, and at&t is ok too.

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

Yeah I ned to know this shit as well being noo to the country and all, so spill the beans kids!?! cwm13.gif

------------------

"At the peak of tremendous and victorious effort, while the blood is pounding in your head, all suddenly comes quiet within you. Everything seems clearer and whiter than ever before, as if great spotlights had been turned on. At that moment, you have the conviction that you contain all the power in the world, that you are capable of everything, that you have wings. There is no more precise moment in life than this, the WHITE MOMENT, and you will work hard for years, just to taste it again.''Yuri Vlason. -----------PM sux email is better-------> boa_boy@yahoo.com hapfac01.gif

I have AT&T. It works fine for me!

They have some pretty good specials too. I have 400 peak and 500 nights and weekends for $40.00.

That includes the standards: voice mail, text messaging, caller id and call waiting.

I never go over my minutes smile.gif

------------------

blultbar.gifcathysignature.jpgblossom002_60.gif

"A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to it's old dimensions."

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~ blossom.gif

help a newcomer to the country out..........do u get a handset when u start up a plan or do u need to provide ur own? how much to connect? cwm13.gif

------------------

"At the peak of tremendous and victorious effort, while the blood is pounding in your head, all suddenly comes quiet within you. Everything seems clearer and whiter than ever before, as if great spotlights had been turned on. At that moment, you have the conviction that you contain all the power in the world, that you are capable of everything, that you have wings. There is no more precise moment in life than this, the WHITE MOMENT, and you will work hard for years, just to taste it again.''Yuri Vlason. -----------PM sux email is better-------> boa_boy@yahoo.com hapfac01.gif

Sprint gives me 250 peak minutes 1250 off peak(nights and weekends) for $35 a month and their service is very good.......they have a huge digital network. I also get 6 months of free web access, and the works(3-way calling, voice mail, text messaging, caller id, etc.)....

Mikey

------------------

"Some I consider my girlfriends, and some I just consider" - John Bender

Originally posted by boa_boy:

help a newcomer to the country out..........do u get a handset when u start up a plan or do u need to provide ur own? how much to connect? cwm13.gif

Depends what kind of phone and what specials are going on. When I got mine the phone was $100 (there weren't any specials at the time frown.gif and I'm impatient).

That was all I paid for though to start it up.

As far as service, honestly talk to people who frequent the same areas you do...specifically. I have a friend who hated AT&T and she was only a few miles away. We were in different areas during work and it was no good for her. Mine is fine smile.gif

------------------

"A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to it's old dimensions."

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~ blossom.gif

[This message has been edited by cathyo (edited 03-08-2001).]

Hmm OK work New Roc, play/live Manhattan........any ideas?

------------------

Originally posted by boa_boy:

Hmm OK work New Roc, play/live Manhattan........any ideas?

Unfortunately, I'm useless in that case! Most of my time is in Jersey. I'm sure the rest of the Manhattanites here can give you some suggestions smile.gif

------------------

bump -> help a dumb ass aussie out

------------------

I have the SPRINT plan (250 peak, 1250 off peak) as well...that is a shit load of minutes but I talk a lot so we'll see. Also, I call all over the country so that is why I got sprint.

------------------

B L O W G O A T S !!!!

Coming Soon....

Whatever you do don't go for VoiceStream or Sprint - Yes, I know they offer such good prices and alot of minutes but your calls will get cut off - worse then what you have now. Some people have it good cuz where they live - actually MAY get good service.

I say keep you plan!! you have the free nights and weekends - just get a BETTER PHONE. I have Verizon/MCI and I LOVE it. smile.gif Free nights and weekends - you just need the good phone. I live in a basment and I still get service inside. I have people coming over to me with Sprint phones in my basment and it doesn't work.

------------------

DarthTweetz.jpgrun.gif

In my opinion, Verizon is the best, I've got it and am very satisfied with the service...

As for others, MCI has descent service but they dont send you a bill for like 4 months.. Co's obviously got some problems.. My friends with At&t complain about their service.. Nextel has a competitive rate but they're service sucks...

------------------

BunniesBuddy.gif You only get ONE chance to make a "First Impression"

Originally posted by nightcrawler:

i need to get a new plan for my cell, i had MCI for a year and the reception sucked in my house, and my calls always got cut off, i had nights and weekends and 200 mins a month for $30, anyone know a better deal i can get?

I have MCI as well... They have the best network (they use Verizon's), and I got a 718 area code mobile number (I love that for some reason). Yes, they do have the worst customer service and billing department I've ever had the misfortune with which to deal. But, that can work in your favor, if you bitch the way I do!

I had the same problem with reception in my apartment. I called MCI, and they told me to change the System Mode... And now it works just fine. Oh, and maybe you need to get a different phone... Sometimes that could be the problem.

------------------

Is it Friday yet?

Peace Love Happiness y'all

DivaliciousNYC@aol.com

[This message has been edited by divalicious (edited 03-09-2001).]

Oh, and I believe that with Verizon and MCI, you can get free nights and weekends added to your plan (if you didn't negotiate them into your plane, like I did) for a mere $10 a month extra! I think that's pretty good, considering that most calls are made during that time anyway... At least for me, that is...

------------------

Is it Friday yet?

Peace Love Happiness y'all

DivaliciousNYC@aol.com

Ive been using Sprint for 3 years..and have no complaints.....especially in the city, you cant beat their service.

I have 1000 on peak and 2000 off peak minutes per month...plus free long distance and all the other shit.

I say go for Sprint

------------------

And Everything Will Flow....Flow....Flow....

andy.gif

"The Futures So Bright.......I Gotta Wear Shades"

Whatever you do. DO NOT GET AT&T!!! Everyone that I know that has AT&T has gotten ripped off. They pay like over 200 dollar phone bills a month. Stick with the plan you got MCI. I got the same thing. The service is great for me. You got free nights and weekends, you can't get that anywhere else anymore. My advice stick with the MCI. I know there kinda ghetto, but sometimes they don't charge me for roaming when I am. They take forever to send me my bill. It's great!

------------------

*Did you find your ecstacy?*

E-mail: PrimeKMB2@aol.com

AIM: PrimeKMB2

This must all depend on where you are because I used to have Verizon and the service way terrible.......now I use Sprint and it's much better........none of that static and calls going in and out.......

Mikey

------------------

"Some I consider my girlfriends, and some I just consider" - John Bender

If you stay primarily in the city, or near a major highway (87/287 between Sloatsburg and the CT border, I95) the Sprint is a good option. Stray more than 10 miles away, and you have next to NO coverage until you get north to Albany in NY, and none at all if you get out into the countryside of Jersey or CT. Doesn't work on Cape Cod, doesn't work south of DC in Maryland, either, on the Virginia coast, or the Outer Banks. Good and bad experiences.

AT&T, similarly, is spotty outside of the city. In Florida, though, the service is excellent. Good and bad experiences.

Nextel is very good in the city, not so hot above Rockaland County, or anywhere inland NJ. Works decently along the shore of CT, and up around Danbury/Hartford/Willimantic. Never personally had Nextel service, but know many who have/have had. Good and bad experinces.

VoiceStream is just spotty period. Never did get the service to work properly, and they refunded everything, finally.

The least dodgy service, also the oldest tech, is Verizon. They have good (not always 'great') coverage throughout the entire northeast; I have had dead ares in NYC though, and dead areas upstate. However, the coverage:lack of ratio is strongly in Verizon's favor. The downside is, the snappiest phone you are going to get is the ubiquitous StarTac.

As far as that goes, I have been with Verizon (with other phones as secondary, but not for long) since September '97, and never had a billing or customer service complaint. I also have the SingleRate East plan, 500 minutes for $59.99/mo. Not cheap, but well worth it for me. Spent time working in Cali, roaming full-time, and using the phone frequently, never had a bill over $125.00. Others have not had the same good experiences with BAM/Verizon.

Use this info as you will; it is strictly my experience and not a recommendation of any sort. Your needs and wants as a cellular subscriber may differ, and therefore the solution for you may not be what I would recommend. (God, I sound like a stockbroker, huh?)

-ichi cwm9.gif

------------------

ebreak.gif

I'm not from New York, but when I came down my phone went under the Nextel network (i think) and the reception was crystal clear, even better than my phone at home. Fuckin' was soo impressed I racked up my bill. Cost me more for the phone, then the hotel.

bolts

------------------

RE DEL MONDO, CAPO DI TUTTI I CAPI

Originally posted by az-tec:

Ive been using Sprint for 3 years..and have no complaints.....especially in the city, you cant beat their service.

I have 1000 on peak and 2000 off peak minutes per month...plus free long distance and all the other shit.

I say go for Sprint

ditto, across the board. sprint has treated me very well. my only beef is that they dont have all of the best phones available. this may be changing, im not sure.

------------------

Computer games dont affect kids. I mean if computer games affected us as kids we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills, and listening to repetitive music.

i recently got 1800 night and weekend minutes plus 200 anytime minutes from Sprint, for like 35 a month, you get caller id, voicemail etc, half off on the phone, pretty good deal, just dont go over ur minutes cause its like 40cents each additional