Clubplanet Nightlife Community

To those 25 + and over :DO you feel OLD ?

Getting old is scary . There's nothing you can do about it.

DO you ever feel like time is running out ?

Do you ever feel like you have to be settled down by a certain age ? Get married, have a house, have kids. ( I'm gonna have a heart attak)

Feel like life is passing me by and there's nothing I can do to freeze time. Life is flashing by ....

Why is it that once you pass 21 - Time goes much faster ?? I felt like I was only 21 yesterday then one day I woke up- I'm up to 25 now. Shit - when did that happen ?

Getting old is scary.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 and loving it.....

time does not run out....

life is what you make of it,,,

sure after 21 the years seem like they go much faster,,but,,who cares....

about the marriage thing.....age has nothing to do with it,,,,,you're only 25,,,if you were 35 it was a different story,,,,you should get married when you know that you have found the right one,,,,its hard to time it,,,,,,

feel good about it,,,it sounds like you're a beautiful person,,,everything will work out.

ciao,

frank. cwm1.gif

------------------

stoned_e0.gif

Originally posted by systemout74:

,,,it sounds like you're a beautiful person,,,. cwm1.gif

LOL ..how did you come up with that ? lol

OK ! I'm losing my breath ! I'm going into cardiac arrest !!

My sister's 26 going on 27 - she told me that - She wants to get married because time is running out - -- THAT scared me shitLEss today !!

Another second, Another minute - I just lost time !

. ...

Maybe I'll have a heart attck before I turn 26 !

[This message has been edited by dolcemimi (edited 03-12-2001).]

geeezzz, time is NOT running out for god's sake...unless you want to squeeze out a kid.....and women are doing that much later in life nowadays anyway. for crying out loud, it's what you make of it.......and there is no time when someone SHOULD get married. that pisses me off....like people think there's something wrong with a single woman in her mid-thirties.....grrr, don't even get me started......live for tomorrow, don't dread it!!

------------------

jumpdei.gif Boink like a bunny with spring fever!!!

uknj@aol.com

I'm 27 and in no rush to get married...

30+ years ago..women married earlier cause they needed a man to support them...well..now we make just as much as the guys (and more, ha!)so what is the rush?

------------------

" I give in to sin ..Because you have to make this life liveable "-DM

Smoknjilly@aol.com

I'm 30, but I've probably added a few years to this body since I ramped up the clubbing (shouldn't I be SLOWING down with age?, my non-club friends will ask me). Your age is what you want it to be - no one says you have to stop being fashionable or trendy once you hit 25 (although that IS what seems to happen to a lot of folks). If you want to go wild and party like a rock star, you can do it at 20 or 30 or 40 or whatever. However, the consequences of your lifestyle choices become more important as you age.

At the risk of incurring the wrath of the overwhelming number of single adults you'll find on this board - and in New York -, odds are that by the time you get into your late 20s and beyond, you've likely got a serious job/career AND/OR a spouse AND/OR children, so you can't always plan on hanging out in a club until 8am EVERY weekend (or whatever other wild activity you choose to engage in).

Pacing yourself is the key to maintaining your youth as you age. Personally, I strive to strike a balance between serious career and weekend insanity, but I'll admit that my greatest fear is shifting TOO far to the latter - to the point where I end up wasting away my career prospects. Partying is fun, but a steady paycheck and food on the table is a little more important.

------------------

AIM name: noserotoninleft

CRACKHEADS OF THE WORLD UNITE!! YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE BUT YOUR BRAINS!!!

ever notice how when u were small the summer took for ever and the school years seem like a lifetime. then once u got into hs.. it went fast and then when in college superfast? the reason why it seems like time is flying faster and faster every year is because more and more different things are happening. now u graduate from college and are moving to new places with new jobs with new exprience. becoming 21 u get to go to all these cool places. thats why time flys when u get older. But then if your like 50 or 60.. i bet time goes by real slow lol

Guest crystalmethodny

Hi,

I'm beginning to feel old... especially after so many years in the club scene.

Perhaps old in the spiritual and mental sense. I begin to appreciate things around us, but long for that someone to appreciate it with. I know it sounds sappy. smile.gif

I still have many years left in partying, I suppose I'll always love to have a good time.

But I do feel like time is beginning to tick away...

------------------

"Can you feel it?"

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

CrystalMethodNYC@aol.com

www.extremegroove.com

Don't get married too young! Anytime before 40 is too young!! J/K! I got married at 22, now I'm 29 and my divorce court date is next month...hehehe!

Don't rush, and when you do get married and have kids, don't think your life is over! I'm living proof of that! I have 2 kids, been a mother for 12 years and I still know how to party!

It's just a matter of balancing and having your priorities straight. If my social life was having an adverse effect on my kids, no questions, it would be over. But...it's not. You don't get old from having kids!

------------------

cathysignature.jpgblossom002_60.gif

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~ blossom.gif

I'm 26 and my energy and "party craziness" is now stronger and higher than ever before. Sure when you get older there are other issues in life that become important and play a significant part in your every day life (job, career, family etc.). Still, there shouldn't be any age-criteria attached to anyone. My parents always ask me when I will start dressing like a 26-year-old-woman (i.e. what they think or are used to from my hometown)... well, honestly I'm not willing (maybe even a little bit afraid) of becoming a "black suit"...and I will just not bend to those "rules". I do whatever I feel like doing and I'll be partying as long as I feel comfortable and happy with it. So, no worries... there is still time for everything and I'm sure that if you're ready to calm down a bit, get married and start a family...YOU will know it (don't let anyone or any perception pressure you into those things)!!!!!

------------------

an1701.gif

Originally posted by dolcemimi:

Getting old is scary . There's nothing you can do about it.

DO you ever feel like time is running out ?

Do you ever feel like you have to be settled down by a certain age ? Get married, have a house, have kids. ( I'm gonna have a heart attak)

Feel like life is passing me by and there's nothing I can do to freeze time. Life is flashing by ....

Why is it that once you pass 21 - Time goes much faster ?? I felt like I was only 21 yesterday then one day I woke up- I'm up to 25 now. Shit - when did that happen ?

Getting old is scary.

What I'm wondering is, what are you afraid of? In other words, why is getting old scary to you?

Btw, I'm 25.

------------------

"Spontaneity is the key to spice in life"

"Music makes the world go 'round...so keep it spinnin!"

AIM: Jewel44317

28 and stil partying like I was 18. Age is in your head man! I just feel wiser and I feel the music like I never had before. Hey Chrystal Meathod what's up? we met at BT remember..(the short dude dancing all night with the sticks?) How are you man? I'm like addicted to this shit now. PM me sometime. Lets go have another drink and dance to BT again.

Guest crystalmethodny

Originally posted by mugwump:

28 and stil partying like I was 18. Age is in your head man! I just feel wiser and I feel the music like I never had before. Hey Chrystal Meathod what's up? we met at BT remember..(the short dude dancing all night with the sticks?) How are you man? I'm like addicted to this shit now. PM me sometime. Lets go have another drink and dance to BT again.

Hey man... Maudy right?!? Whats up dude!

Yes we definitely have to chill, I cant believe you found this board smile.gif

Whats the good word??

------------------

"Can you feel it?"

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

CrystalMethodNYC@aol.com

www.extremegroove.com

Originally posted by crystalmethodny:

Hi,

I'm beginning to feel old... especially after so many years in the club scene.

Perhaps old in the spiritual and mental sense. I begin to appreciate things around us, but long for that someone to appreciate it with. I know it sounds sappy. smile.gif

I still have many years left in partying, I suppose I'll always love to have a good time.

But I do feel like time is beginning to tick away...

You and I really need to sit down, start drinkin and chat... if you can pencil me in, that is.

cwm38.gifcwm38.gifcwm38.gifcwm38.gifcwm38.gif

------------------

"Spontaneity is the key to spice in life"

"Music makes the world go 'round...so keep it spinnin!"

AIM: Jewel44317

I've just gotta ask because I've never seen you post a topic or reply to a topic that dealt with clubbing.

Do you go to clubs???? cwm13.gif

-Oo

------------------

ooana.gif

"When the soul wishes to experience something, she throws an image of the experience out before her, and enters into her own image." -Eckhart

"I heard of a man that says words so beautiful that if he only speaks their name, women give themselves to him.

If I am dumb by your body while silence blossoms like tumors on our lips it is because I hear a man climb the stairs and clear his throat outside our door." - Leonard Cohen