Clubplanet Nightlife Community

arm shaving?!? what's that about?

i just read some post that mentioned in passing that some guys shave their arms. what's that about? why would anyone do this? this seems very strange to me. here are my questions regarding this issue:

1. why would a guy do this?

2. do the guys that do this do it for other guys (meaning is this mostly a gay thing), or do guys do this because they think girls like it?

3. do any guys or girls here on the board particularly like that?

i realize that answering one of these questions may answer another, so excuse my redundancy, but i really am baffled by this practice and i wanna know what's behind it.

thanks for any help.

Well to CLEAR some of the questions up .. for me it was diffrent , i had to shave my arms for the navy , for navy seal tranning and it was pain full to get into tranning with arm hair , its always getting pulled out for me so i shaved them , everyone did really ,also my armpits too.... but to anwser in other guys reasons is because when you work out it looks like your more bigger in a way or i might be going crazy lol.. hope i was some help

------------------

-------------------------

E-mail martin_izzo@netzero.net page 1917-243-0215

AIM:GLowbali <---

WHOOPS! i read the post wrong!!

i don't think it's all that weird that guys do it..

1> some guys i knew did it because they were vain and wanted to hide their hairiness

2> i think it shows that a guy is confident with himself, since he made such a bold move...i think that a lot of guys would prally make fun of him..

anyhoo, yeap, that's all i can think of! cwm20.gif

peace! --daniela

------------------

FairyAniSparkel.gif

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." AoL: MAReLuNa

[This message has been edited by mareluna (edited 03-12-2001).]

Originally posted by glowball:

Well to CLEAR some of the questions up .. for me it was diffrent , i had to shave my arms for the navy , for navy seal tranning and it was pain full to get into tranning with arm hair , its always getting pulled out for me so i shaved them

i don't understand; i'm still missing something...

confused.gif

how did your arm hair get "pulled out"?

* i know that competitive swimmers shave their body hair for aerodynamic purposes (it supposedly makes them faster), so i'll throw that out as a reason why some people may shave their arms - i just remembered that. but that still has nothing to do with being a navy seal, as far as i know.

more thoughts, anybody?

Guys shave there arms....for a few reasons.

It makes there arms look more cut when it's shaved first of all.

Some do it for personal preference, they don't like hair on there arms, therefore they shave it off.

Another reason why is because they do it for girls. I don't think I ever heard a girl say, "His hairy arms looks hot!!" Girls like guys that are smooth, plain and simple. At least that's the vibe we get.

A lot of people do it for sports, with a lot of body contact, such as wrestling. Also in sports they use tape a lot on there joints and muscles, etc. So if your gonna tape up like your wrist, everytime you rip that tape out it's gonna hurt. And the tape doesn't hold that good if there is hair on there.

I hope I cleared up some stuff

------------------

*Did you find your ecstacy?*

E-mail: PrimeKMB2@aol.com

AIM: PrimeKMB2

I dont want to offend anyone in here, but if the only reason you shave your arms is "because girls like it", then that is pathetic. If its for sports or if your really hairy, then i can understand a trim but its kinda sad when ppl shave their arms every time they go out just to impress the girls (which they will probably never see again). Having to deal with the stub after several hours must also suck.

Rad_

------------------

FRANK_TRIGG_ANIMATION.GIF

BOOM............BOOM!!!

Originally posted by neojunglist:

i shave my arms because i am too hairy. i am going to do the whole body wax thing soon. i do it because i notice how much girls like a guy who is clean (no body hair) whatsoever. cwm24.gifcwm25.gif

You are a brave man!

And a good man!

I wish more guys would shave, wax, nair, something! I'm so turned off by hairy guys.

If you can find this product called Nads, they sell it on infomercials and on QVC, it's great. It's the same concept as waxing only it doesn't hurt nearly as much.

Good luck!

------------------

You're only young once

BSG's guilty pleasures:

SF Saturdays

9pm Til I Come

Hairless Guys

If a guy shaved his chest but had mad-hairy arms, that'd look kinda silly, no? Perhaps that's why. I support the shaving thing, but they should keep up on it so their stubble doesn't burn us in the club. Just my $0.02.

Hugs!

BSG

------------------

Music... is alllll about the groove. Can you feel the groove? Listen...

blueskygirl@djcentral.com

aolim blueskygirl2001

You got to shave them when you got the guns. I shave because it makes your arms and forearms so much better and you can see the vascality more. And it is definatly definatly not for the guys. Just for the ladies.

Look into these eyes - do you see what I see?

i shave my arms, buzz my legs, buzz my chest, and take care of any "odd occuring place" hair. wink.gif

arm shaving... what's it all about, its about being able to show your vasculinity and cuts if your a bodybuilder. some just chose it, i think its a good loook. hair sucks. egggh

------------------

a mind stretched by new dimensions can never be the same again

Your laughing at me cause I am different? Shit, im laughing at you cause your all the fucking same!

Personally, hair on the arms doesn't bother me...It's the hairy asses that I just won't tolerate! cwm32.gifcwm27.gif

------------------

"...I'll take my problems to the dance floor... let the music make my spirits sore..."

[This message has been edited by christyne13 (edited 03-14-2001).]

Originally posted by weyes:

i don't understand; i'm still missing something...

confused.gif

how did your arm hair get "pulled out"?

* i know that competitive swimmers shave their body hair for aerodynamic purposes (it supposedly makes them faster), so i'll throw that out as a reason why some people may shave their arms - i just remembered that. but that still has nothing to do with being a navy seal, as far as i know.

more thoughts, anybody?

well in the navy Hand to Hand combat was hard with hair on your arms i mean guys getting at you with arm bars were they bend the arm and rubs off yourhair pain full even more when the sun is beating down on us at the beach pluss the salt water with sand hmm hurts

------------------

glowballcopy.jpg

-------------------------

E-mail martin_izzo@netzero.net page 1917-243-0215

AIM:GLowbali <---