Clubplanet Nightlife Community

BEST AND WORST DJ'S

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here we go with the battle of the dj's come on you knew this post would start drama, but hey I'm always game. The reason I hate peters is not cause I can't stand his music selection, its his piss poor talents at mixing and working tracks. Its the way he plays one beat for an unbearably excrutiating painfully long ass time. Sure its fine if your n a deep hole, which I've been, but in my opinion, the best dj's are those who give energy and make you really feel like you have goosebunps and you never want that nite to end.

call it Jonathan bashing I really don't care, is a matter of fact I'll be at cractory Saturday, against my will, and I guarantee he plays the same muffled fly song for ast least 45 minutes!

------------------

"I walk through the valley of fear, I fear nothing cause I'm the baddest mother fucker in the valley!"

Originally posted by sin-sational:

My vote for the worst -hands down is Jonathan Peters my favoeite is Merrit or Junior!

First off, I know your entitled to your own opinion, but how can anyone say jonathon is the worst dj? SOME of his harder remixes are a little wacked and confuse the shit out of me but... he is one of the most talented dj's i've ever heard. He has (in my opinion) the strongest following in the tri-state area.

as far as the worst, Tony Draper, he has some skill, but lacks the programming for a good party. i think the only reason exit does so well on teenie bopper fridays is because it is exit night club and the club itself is kinda cool. So Mr. Draper can continue to draw in a rave crowd, and pack the place... more power to him.

cwm42.gif

Originally posted by stacylynn:

OK I see bashing here, people are entitled to their opinion. Yes JP does tend to drag songs for an extended lenght of time, but he does it very well. The songs are mixed and blended better by JP then any other DJ I know. Yes it is a crack den so his music fits perfect. If you want to hear KTU then listen To Denny.

LIZ1.gif

Interesting analysis coming from one of Jerry X's promotional team members! cwm41.gif

[This message has been edited by bumparella (edited 03-13-2001).]

Gerzeehomeboy, I will refrain from my usual, entertaining to all, so well spoken, comebacks because you did not bash what I had to say you only debated with me and disagreed with my opinion-hmm everyone should learn from this. Anyway, I'm best friends with someone you may well heard of -do you know Georgia Home Boy we go out everyweekend!

------------------

"I walk through the valley of fear, I fear nothing cause I'm the baddest mother fucker in the valley!"

People are entitled to there opinion on this board but, saying that Jonathan Peter's is the worst DJ is crazy. Look at all the record contracts he has signed and all the songs he has remixed for famous artists.

Anyway, My favorite local DJ is Denny Tsettos although JP is a close second.

I don't care to much for Andrew Mendez locally.

Originally posted by firedup:

People are entitled to there opinion on this board but, saying that Jonathan Peter's is the worst DJ is crazy. Look at all the record contracts he has signed and all the songs he has remixed for famous artists.

Anyway, My favorite local DJ is Denny Tsettos although JP is a close second.

I don't care to much for Andrew Mendez locally.

Being a good producer/remixer does not make you a good DJ!!! He is excellent in the studio but put him in front of the thurntables, and voila WE HAVE POTS AND PANS!!! And to boot he is CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP!!!! Man makes like $15K - $20K a remix, and skates out on dinner/drink bills. LOSER! cwm31.gif

------------------

Mama always said, It is best to Look like Jackie O, than a Jacked Up Ho!!

Originally posted by ladybijan22:

Being a good producer/remixer does not make you a good DJ!!! He is excellent in the studio but put him in front of the thurntables, and voila WE HAVE POTS AND PANS!!! And to boot he is CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP!!!! Man makes like $15K - $20K a remix, and skates out on dinner/drink bills. LOSER! cwm31.gif

What does his being cheap have to do w/anything? God forbid someone were to say something like that about Denny! Aren't you the one who went on and on a week or so ago when someone brought personal issues into these debates about Denny? Jonathan sounds like pots and pans? Well I don't know where you do your dishes but let me know so that I can go and enjoy myself! Well anyway my all time favorite will always be Denny simply out of loyalty but Jonathan is a close second these days. I actually used to dislike him greatly but have grown to appreciate him, I think if you listen to him more intently you'll see.

------------------

Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse?

Originally posted by ladybijan22:

Although he is not my cup of Tea being a good producer and remixer has everything to do with being a great DJ...to be able to drop your own bombs establishes your own style and even though I dont like most(well 99%)of Jonathans music he definitely has one of the Strongest parties in the City with some of the biggest followings...I know personally I wouldnt know what to do with myself if I went to hear Danny or Junior and know that their own personal work wasnt involved in their sets its what gives them originality and freshness and separates them from the pretenders and the copycats. One thing we can be assured of Jonathan Junior and Danny will never be blamed for sounding like someone else.....

Originally posted by Kermzy:

What does his being cheap have to do w/anything? God forbid someone were to say something like that about Denny! Aren't you the one who went on and on a week or so ago when someone brought personal issues into these debates about Denny? Jonathan sounds like pots and pans? Well I don't know where you do your dishes but let me know so that I can go and enjoy myself! Well anyway my all time favorite will always be Denny simply out of loyalty but Jonathan is a close second these days. I actually used to dislike him greatly but have grown to appreciate him, I think if you listen to him more intently you'll see.

Bastard00 posted lies about not only Denny - but me, and it was off the topic of the post. It was his way of being malicious, an outright asshole, and it was ALL A LIE.

It just bothered me to be at an event with JP and know he makes a killing with DJing, remixing, and producing, and so on, and left $50 for him and a friend for cocktails and appetizers at a PRICEY establishment. 2 drinks cost my boyfreind and I $125 because he left before the bill came. To me that spells *NO CLASS*.

Yes - he sounds like pots and pans - noise - metal banging together - to me. That's it. I was a fan of JP back in the day before he was *jonathon peters* when he used to work at robots with eddie, and then tunnel. Even Mirage I enjoyed him - but now - he tries to hard for me. I know he has a huge following - and more power to him - but I DO NOT LIKE HIS STYLE OR WHAT HE PLAYS. Sorry to those who enjoy what he does - I don't.

------------------

Mama always said, It is best to Look like Jackie O, than a Jacked Up Ho!!

Originally posted by perculator:

Although he is not my cup of Tea being a good producer and remixer has everything to do with being a great DJ...to be able to drop your own bombs establishes your own style and even though I dont like most(well 99%)of Jonathans music he definitely has one of the Strongest parties in the City with some of the biggest followings...I know personally I wouldnt know what to do with myself if I went to hear Danny or Junior and know that their own personal work wasnt involved in their sets its what gives them originality and freshness and separates them from the pretenders and the copycats. One thing we can be assured of Jonathan Junior and Danny will never be blamed for sounding like someone else.....

Bijan I agree going out back then was tottally different. I feel bad that the new club rats did not get to experience how great the music was, the crowds were, and the hits were always guaranteed to make you feel good not like now. don't get me wrong I still have wonderful nites but its different and a lot more dangerous

As for jonathan yes he has produced some tracks which enjoy but when I am at his so called house , I feel nothing no energy and I used to go there religiously about 3 years ago. i try and i try to give him a chance but all he does is disappoint me!

------------------

Originally posted by looma:

Johnathon Peters Music sounds like pots and pans bashing together and its even worse 3 bumps deep. Danny T is decendt. DJ majic juan is the best.

looma, it's obvious you have no idea what you are talking about-as usual.

When is the last time you even heard JP@ the factory or DT. Lets list some places were we can find these two DJ'S:

Sound Factory

World

Temps

Lets see where we can find your dj of choice, DJ majic juan:

Kamisloppies

Tickets

Backyard parties..

hmmmmmmm

Need I say more

cwm24.gif

Originally posted by darkhorse:

Best: Tough to name just one, so I'll name a few of my favorites:

Paul van Dyk - great producer, remixer and dj. high energy and uplifting style.

John Digweed - dark, deep house and trance. arguably the best mixer in the world. pure genius.

btw - most of the best djs in the world spin at twilo cwm30.gif

VERY TRUE!!!!

------------------

Disco-01.gif

[This message has been edited by fletchnyc74 (edited 03-15-2001).]

[This message has been edited by fletchnyc74 (edited 03-15-2001).]

Originally posted by lukeyblueyez:

Johnathon Peters Music sounds like pots and pans bashing together and its even worse 3 bumps deep. Danny T is decendt. DJ majic juan is the best.

When is the last time you even heard JP@ the factory or DT. Lets list some places were we can find these two DJ'S:

Sound Factory

World

Temps

Kamisloppies

Tickets

Backyard parties..

hmmmmmmm

Need I say more

cwm24.gif

Sorry but YOU'RE the one who has no idea....Danny Tenaglia does not work at any of the three clubs you mentioned! cwm40.gif

------------------

"Hold on Tight...Enjoy the Ride" -DT

Spilled Milk On The Face Will Not Be Considered Make-Up This Evening!

Originally posted by lukeyblueyez:

Sound Factory

World

Temps

Kamisloppies

Tickets

Backyard parties..

hmmmmmmm

Need I say more

cwm24.gif

lukeyblueyez, ya just cracked me up so hard!!! can't believ ya know those places...f'n funny!

------------------

Boombox-02.gif

SAY WHAT??? HOUSE MUSIC ALL NIGHT LONG...