Clubplanet Nightlife Community

IS NEW YORK THE ONLY CITY THAT DOES AFTERHOURS THE RIGHT WAY???

everyone i talk to from other cities and stuff say that they are closed by 4 or 5 latest, even in the hamptons. in new york the there is still a line to get into some clubs

I GUESS NEW YORK JUST DOMINATES THE CLUB SCENE

------------------

"don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat coming around the corner"

Robert Deniro

TUNNEL SATURDAY'S "SOPRANO GUEST LIST"

AIM:MSOPRANO13

Email: msoprano13@yahoo.com

msoprano13.jpg

Ibiza - all night and all the next day 36 hours at Space and Bora Bora and then on to the next club. Shit Ibiza you can party ALL week solid, non stop, then all the next week if you want. So really Ibiza is the king of afters, you carn't even touch that in NY.

London - Same as NY you can party all weekend, no problem.

Leeds - till 6 then to an after clubs right through till the next day, then through Sunday.

Birmigham - same as Leeds.

Paris - Is through till 6 or 7 and then to and afters club.

Sunday day clubbing seems to be bigger in Europe.

Just to name a few, but with the exception of Ibiza, most other places focus on Saturday nights. They still have afters clubs and late licences on Fridays, but club nights are bussier and better on Saturdays (on the whole).

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

Originally posted by back2basics-:

Ibiza - all night and all the next day 36 hours at Space and Bora Bora and then on to the next club. Shit Ibiza you can party ALL week solid, non stop, then all the next week if you want. So really Ibiza is the king of afters, you carn't even touch that in NY.

London - Same as NY you can party all weekend, no problem.

Leeds - till 6 then to an after clubs right through till the next day, then through Sunday.

Birmigham - same as Leeds.

Paris - Is through till 6 or 7 and then to and afters club.

Sunday day clubbing seems to be bigger in Europe.

Just to name a few, but with the exception of Ibiza, most other places focus on Saturday nights. They still have afters clubs and late licences on Fridays, but club nights are bussier and better on Saturdays (on the whole).

cool

looks like i have my next 5 spring breaks planned.....

------------------

"don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat coming around the corner"

Robert Deniro

msoprano13.jpg

have to agree NYC is the best in the states..

But i have to admit Miami is a close second... SPACE in miami was def impressive..

But Europe does have the market cornered on after hours

London is similiar to NYC with the exception pills are easier to get and a lot better..

Originally posted by sassa:

The West Coast SUCKS for nightlife so all you people in the NYC area are extremely lucky...everything dies here around 2 am,which is still early in my opinion.... frown.gif

Same with Philly ... get your ass over to NY...normally in NY at 2 am people are just arriving to the club

------------------

Image134.jpg

AOL: Highmay9

In LA the bars close at 2, I think, but then you go somewhere else for an afterhours. When you walk out of a bar or club you're usually handed a flyer with the name of an afterhours on it that goes until 6 or 7.

New York is still way better though. IMO.

Lexi

------------------

Lexicopy.jpg

"what I want is what I've not got, but what I need is all around me" - DMB

Originally posted by lextacy:

In LA the bars close at 2, I think, but then you go somewhere else for an afterhours. When you walk out of a bar or club you're usually handed a flyer with the name of an afterhours on it that goes until 6 or 7.

New York is still way better though. IMO.

Lexi

where from long island are you from???

------------------

Robert Deniro

msoprano13.jpg

London and NY are Very Much the same. i have found, Ny has That Darker NY Thing going for it, but bTB Was right Bout Space, all day on the Patio, and all night inside, its deff something to see.

Iv only been to Spain Twice, and it was nice, people i no that go atleast 2-3 times a summer, tell me that its nothing like it was a few years back, So with that said, everything kinda goes down hill (or Changes)

NY After hours are nothing like what it use to be. i Remember walking out of a few diff venues at like 3-5 pm, soooooo i dont think u see much of that around anymore.

I think the latest was Jr's Sunday morning party. and vinyl goes to 10am, everything Else kinda ends at like 6ish, give or take a few night's here n there.

Ny needs more after hours spots,

Like FUTURE After hours, remember it use to be at the octagon, (love that place)

its like a fucking maze in there, lots of stairs, lots of little places to hide,

Ny needs another After hours spot,

For HOUSE HEADS!

im sick of trance, Ugh! lol

Ny Needs more HOUSE

AFter hours, HOUSE

in a new Venue,lol

Hint hint

Octagon.

*me*

------------------

It's not about what u wear.

It's not about how u look.

It's about 1 thing.

HOUSE MUSIC!!!

Anything else, is just not my cup of Tea.

PALLADIUM>>>>> RIP

CLUB USA>>>>>> RIP

DISCO 2000>>>> RIP

true ibiza actually dominates nyc..

but then again thats only a summer thing and people are going away to get nuts for vacations etc.. or maybe even the whole summer.. so i don't think its a fair comparison..

but how many other places in the world is there consistently after hours into the afternoon on sundays all year round.. not to mention body and soul starting midday..

------------------

my stand on the sig controversy:

scream.gif

I don't think NY is great for afterhours of for much of anything related to the club scene these days. i've been around for a while and its nothing like it used to be. All the big clubs are so shady. I'm sorry, but my idea of a good time does not involve the NYPD running around with flashlights, dragging people out in handcuffs. I've seen it happen on numerous occasions. And if they aren't doing that, they are still there watching.

I was in Amsterdam recently, and let me tell you, the clubs and the scene blows away anything i've ever seen, and I've been all over the US and Europe. Basically, anything goes. 7 dollar hits, your allowed to smoke weed and world class DJ's. The big clubs close at 5 but the they have these beautiful afterhours spots that run all day. And when your done ther you can go right back to a coffee shop and hear some great music, smoke the best pot in the world and eat some spaccakes or whatever.

As for the US, noone seemed to mention Vegas. They have excellent clubs, including afterhours. Its has become a major destination for world class DJ's. And its Vegas, so they tolerate a lot more then they do here.

------------------

So short a boy, so long a man, play with your toys as long as you can.

Goa, the 'clubs' are more like organized raves, and the raves are crazy raves that go for days at a time. throw in mind-altering drugs and beautiful, scenic tropic Goa, and you got yourself a sick, way the fuck afterhours party.

------------------

party with a heart on

Originally posted by PFloyd40:

pool parties do not count b/c you can do that anywhere..

and i think the point of the post was to say ask where else in the world do clubs stay open for 20+ hours at a time..

ibiza was named but already discounted..

Pool parties with quality deejays and 2000 people on new years day? The Splash party is that good as well as the nite of the 1st that ppl forgo going out on NYE.......

Personally I'd rather go to 4 different clubs over 20 hours, at some point in time these places does need to get cleaned up!

cwm32.gif

------------------

"Don't worry, be Happy"....................... boa_boy@yahoo.com YIM boa_boy AIM boaboyOZ

Originally posted by boa_boy:

Pool parties with quality deejays and 2000 people on new years day? The Splash party is that good as well as the nite of the 1st that ppl forgo going out on NYE.......

Personally I'd rather go to 4 different clubs over 20 hours, at some point in time these places does need to get cleaned up!

cwm32.gif

oh no bro don't get me wrong.. it sounds phat..

i just meant i wouldnt' really consider that afterhours since its an outdoor event starting in the middle of the day.. just seems like more of a daily type event..

not like when twilo, palladium etc.(well used to anyway) or sound factory start early sunday morning and still go til 4 sometimes even 8,9 o'clock at nite..

------------------

scream.gif

Originally posted by PFloyd40:

oh no bro don't get me wrong.. it sounds phat..

i just meant i wouldnt' really consider that afterhours since its an outdoor event starting in the middle of the day.. just seems like more of a daily type event..

not like when twilo, palladium etc.(well used to anyway) or sound factory start early sunday morning and still go til 4 sometimes even 8,9 o'clock at nite..

lol oh I see what u mean, most every club goes until at least 7am in sydney, with after hours starting @ 4, 5, 6 or 7......and then going until lunch time, maybe later, then you go on to a sunday afternoon one, PVD played at one a couple months ago......oh the days of Sunday aluibbing I remember them well

cwm32.gif

------------------

"Don't worry, be Happy"....................... boa_boy@yahoo.com YIM boa_boy AIM boaboyOZ

Originally posted by highmay:

Same with Philly ... get your ass over to NY...normally in NY at 2 am people are just arriving to the club

Yeah,I know!I used to live in NY before I moved out to Cali...and what a mistake that was...can't wait to finish school and go back!

------------------

Sassa

Hey,

Personally i think NY afterhours is not to serious, i get out of work at 1:30 am and if i want to go home get changed and go back into to the city i could get 3 or 4 hrs max at the tunneL (im only 20).

No one has mentioned Montreal, there is club sonya (i have never been to) and club stereo (my fav. club) no one on this board seems to have ever been there, but it has the #1 analog rated sound system in the world. I have seen great dj's there frankie bones, marc anthony and David Morales... The place usually goes late to anywhere from 12-9 sunday afternoon... New years i was there from 10pm to 5 pm...

Also where the hel iss Ibiza???

Originally posted by kevinneci:

Hey,

Personally i think NY afterhours is not to serious, i get out of work at 1:30 am and if i want to go home get changed and go back into to the city i could get 3 or 4 hrs max at the tunneL (im only 20).

No one has mentioned Montreal, there is club sonya (i have never been to) and club stereo (my fav. club) no one on this board seems to have ever been there, but it has the #1 analog rated sound system in the world. I have seen great dj's there frankie bones, marc anthony and David Morales... The place usually goes late to anywhere from 12-9 sunday afternoon... New years i was there from 10pm to 5 pm...

Also where the hel iss Ibiza???

your only getting a couple hours after work b/c your going to tunnel and its not even an afterhours spot..

------------------

scream.gif

In Sydney particularly in the warmer months u can start thursday nite and go thru until Tuesday......there a handfuol of venues that are ONLY afterhours.......of course if u see the same ppl that start thursdayn nite again on monday morning they are in an interesting frame of mind wink.gif

harbour cruise recoveries iwth Deejays are prob the highlight of afterhours in Sydney, tho NYD features a massive pool party that starts @ 11am in the morning of the 1st of the year....

so in the afterhours stake Sydney shits on NYC!

------------------