Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Draper @Club Deep

Anyone going to catch draper spin at club deep in long island tonight?

------------------

"The Future's uncertain and the end is always near...so who's holding on?"

"Stop Whispering, Start Shouting"

AOL IM--->DonVito486

oh man he makes my head hurt, id rather listen to a child bangin on pots and pans...

------------------

Storm-01.gifI'm in the business of stealing DJs's thunder. I robbed D.T. and Oakie already; can you guess who's next on my list?

AOLIMER: glowsticks8

EMAIL: nickantivachis@netzero.net

Draper....where to start about that guy..Exit needs a better friday night DJ thats first to start.....or another DJ to split the time....He has too much time to spin and not enough trax....Early in the night on friday he was terrible....But at around 5 he was bangin out some hott trax...He is an alright afterhour DJ...but nothing to run home and tell mom about though

Tommy

i agreee i think draper is much better when he comes on at 3am.

thats what time he used to come on back when exit fist opened and he was good. he cant build the crowd. he can just throw down hard tracks which is good but he needs to split the floor

------------------

"don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat coming around the corner"

Robert Deniro

TUNNEL SATURDAY'S "SOPRANO GUEST LIST"

AIM:MSOPRANO13

Email: msoprano13@yahoo.com

msoprano13.jpg

Track selection asside, because the style of music is taste, personaly i despise hard anthemy music with lots of drumrolls. The guy cant mix, his ability to put 2 songs together smoothly just isnt there, his beat matching is poor, and he doesn't time his mixing so they are on a 32 beat count. They all end flat, like one song goes into a build-up, where the other song is brought in, and then the buildup ends with the next song being beatless and airy. Thats like getting close to cumming and having the girl go home. Not to mention i heard him trainwreck all the time.

Originally posted by msoprano13:

i think draper is much better when he comes on at 3am.

thats what time he used to come on back when exit fist opened

Def agree with you on that.... i think the earliest he should come on is 2AM

and thats still early

Originally posted by ClubKid77:

Track selection asside, because the style of music is taste, personaly i despise hard anthemy music with lots of drumrolls. The guy cant mix, his ability to put 2 songs together smoothly just isnt there, his beat matching is poor, and he doesn't time his mixing so they are on a 32 beat count. They all end flat, like one song goes into a build-up, where the other song is brought in, and then the buildup ends with the next song being beatless and airy. Thats like getting close to cumming and having the girl go home. Not to mention i heard him trainwreck all the time.

That goes double 4 me.

cwm38.gif

none of you people know what your talking about. Tony Draper is a perfect DJ for Fridays at exit. This is because he plays what the 18-20 year old crowd wants to hear. His taste is not like other DJ's. Yeah i know he wouldnt last in a 21+ crowd club, but the point is hes a perfect dj for the oyunger crowd. He plays a lot of commercial with a lot of mixes unknown of. His tracks of Rhythem ready along with children of the night are great tracks. Unless you know the music for differnt types of crowds dont judge dj's unless you know what your talking about.

I think Tony Draper is awesome. I love hearing the tracks he plays at Exit. I wouldn't go to Exit as much if Draper wasn't spinning there. His tracks Rythym Ready and Children of the Night are really bangin. Tony Draper pumps energy into the crowd. He always makes me get off my ass and dance.

Karch

------------------

Use BROWN EYES guest list at Exit Fridays!!!

*Did you find your ecstacy?*

E-mail: PrimeKMB2@aol.com

AIM: PrimeKMB2

before you call a dj awesome know what you are listening to first

just becasue there are a lot of buildups , it had nothing to do with the dk, thats just the song that hes playing, if you wanna hear awesome listen to johnny vicious. and if you cant hear him live download his live at the tunnel set and you will truly experience what awesome means

------------------

"don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat coming around the corner"

Robert Deniro

msoprano13.jpg

Alrigth all this drama about Draper....This past friday night I watched as he spun the whole night...You have to know how to match a beat to be a DJ...One sec he is hittin you hard and the next its a airy buildup...nothing you can dance...The reason why people think he is great at exit fridays is because they don't know what a good set sounds like....He uses way too many drumrolls...to put songs together.....Don't wanna start mad drama over this but I don't think he is a mainfloor DJ...Don't ever put JP and Draper in the same sentence...2 differnet styles.....Listen to most DJS they take you in one direction....But Draper jumps arond to much.........thats just my 2 cents

Tommy

I ventured into Exit on Friday because I was with a few out-of-towners who didn't have 21+ ID and they always heard of Exit, so they wanted to go...so I finally got to hear Tony Draper spin. Granted, I understand that he is playing for a younger/inexperienced/musically inept crowd, so that 145 BPM noise he was pumping out was right up their alley.

But for someone who has heard many different types of DJs, Tony Draper will not cut it. He does not build his sets AT ALL!!! We walked in at midnight and he was just cranking the hardest beats ever. Nothing against hard house, because JP plays just as hard, if not harder than Draper, however he isn't blasting 145 BPM beats at midnight, he builds it up. I didn't really notice his beatmixing or lack thereof because the music was so bad I just wasn't paying attention. The worst part about the track selection was that each track had like 4-5 breakdowns to it, and each one was of course at least a minute long and had a minute long buildup to it. Please...

Anyway, we spent most of our night in the hip hop room which was mad fun. And like I said, Draper caters to his crowd, which is what a DJ is supposed to do. But just not my cup of tea!

------------------

There's no time like the present to start procrastinating...

Hey, you guys wanna take it easy on bashing the DJs? However good or bad they are at it, they are still just tryin to make us all dance and have fun. I don't know any of these guys, but how about showing a little respect here?

God is a DJ and she's getting really pissed.

Hugs,

BSG

------------------

Music... is alllll about the groove. Can you feel the groove? Listen...

blueskygirl@djcentral.com

aolim blueskygirl2001

by reading the last few posts it looks to me that the peole here DO know what they are talking about

------------------

Robert Deniro

msoprano13.jpg

I've never heard Tony Draper spinn the whole night b4...but I heard him in Vegas at Glow (afterhours) this past Mem. Day and he was GREAT!!!!!!! everyone that I know had a great time that morning...and loved his musik!!!

------------------

AIM risa06

Well I would definitly have to agree with steve and risa06. Draper is a good DJ and a good person. People just make fun of him to go along with the crowd or b/c they dont like his music. I hate how people make fun of DJ's b/c they have a different taste of music. Get over it!! Draper belongs at Exit Fridays just like Peters belongs at SF Saturdays. I used to go every friday but i dont anymore when i do go i go to hear Draper. But i like different styles of Music, Im open to anything. I mean come on Exit, sf and key club on fridays and Tunnel on sats.. All diff music and club atmospheres but i dont B*tch. I realized alot of people also say stuff about Draper just b/c they dont like Exit. Dont mean to be bitchy but If you dont like Exit or Draper Dont go there.. its as simple as that.

~*~Debby

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

KEY CLUB FRIDAYS~~DEBBYS list

TUNNEL SATURDAYS~~NEROS list

Originally posted by blueskygirl:

God is a DJ and she's getting really pissed.

..Nah I just spoke to HIM, and he doesnt give a fuck about this thread

------------------

..Something for your mind, your body, and your soul

It's the power, it's larouse curiosity..

The purpose, the goal which one acts on..

A journey of force, hot like the sun and wet like the rain..

Rhythmatic movements in unison with others prolong and acts of sensations, with no limits or boundaries..

Eternity is past..

Wrong is right..

It's the point of greatest intensity..

Pleasures of the highest sense..

Feelings of warmth and security..

Willing and unwilling sensation's of the mind..

A condition..

The ultimate seduction..

..."THE REALM"..