Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tattoos .....

For the past few months I have seriously been considering getting a tat. I have this amazing pic of a butterfly -its kinda tribal - and i think i want to get it tattooed on my lower back (right in the middle closer to my ass) But Im not sure. Im not sure because of A) the pain factor and B)im scared i might regret it. I have a friend that got a tat and now she hates it so shes going to have it removed. I dont want to make that mistake. So who here has a tat - is the pain unbearable? Does anyone here regret theirs?

------------------

*~*In 3 words I can sum up everything I have learned about life - IT GOES ON*~*

*~*Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but memories*~*

Aol~Tee0715~

I just got my name tatooed on my back shoulder a few months ago. I was scared to of the pain, but it wasn't bad at all!!! It felt like a stinging though, but not unbearable ya know? Its more painful in places where the bone is though.

And about u regreting it and all, um, just make sure thats what u want. cause even if u do want a tatooe removed, it leaves a scar.

So good luck and let us know if u get it!!!

cwm26.gifcwm11.gif

romy20

------------------

tunnel.gif

ARE YOU FEELING IT?

clubchick20@hotmail.com

Aim: Romina321

~i have a tattoo on my lower back right where you want to get yours. i have a tribal sun w/ the ocean inside it and the sun setting on the beach...it hurt like hell but i think it was worth it. by the time they were done outlining it and doing the black i was kinda numb so it didnt hurt when they did the color...i always wanted it and now i have it forever. i want another one but where to put it?? good luck

laterz

d cwm38.gif

------------------

email: clubindiva@aol.com

AcCePt No iMiTaTiOnS...tHeRe iS nO sUbStiTuTe FoR tHe ReAL tHiNg!!

I just got my tattoo re-done 2 weeks ago. I have a sun right in the middle of my shoulder blades, and I am getting the whole solar system around it, but the planets are going to be in their position that they were in at the moment I was born... yes I put a lot of thought and research into this idea. But anyway, to the point... It didn't hurt me one bit. The reason I had mine redone, was because the first place i went to, didnt make it look like a sun at all, so another tip... go to a well known tattoo parlor with a good record, with a well known/good artist, to get your tattoo done.

i was nervous when i went to get mine. once you are getting it though you get an adrenaline rush and it doesn't really hurt. you will love it. i got another one within a year. once you get one, you might want another. go for it!!

I have 4 tattoos, 1 goes from my neck to my tail-bone (down my spine). I've been told that's the most painful area but frankly it didn't really *hurt* at all.

The best comparisons I can think of are that it feels like a scrape, or like water hitting your skin (like if you held your hand out a car window in the rain at 75 mph). It's just a little uncomfortable, but you're expecting it so it's not like normal pain that sneaks up on you.

As for regret, I think you should be very sure. This will be with you in your coffin, in your sex life, in every day life... you know that. I will usually wait at least a year between thinking of getting a tatt and actually getting it. If I still like the idea after a year, i figure theres a much better chance of still liking it 10-20 years later.

I got my spine piece in a pretty short time, and think i might have done it a little diff now, but, that's life... I'll have to work with the final piece as it is.

Esentially, dont even think of removal as an option. If you aren't 100% you shouldn't be getting it. It's worth waiting to add a birthmark you know you want.

I also have a policy of not getting anything which I can't hide because you really never know where life will take you. Some peeps might accuse me of not being committed, but I think of it as being committed to myself and an open future.

Good luck. PM/e-mail me if you want to talk about it or want someone with experience to check out tattooists with. You can tell alot about their skill if you know what to look for in the final work.

------------------

I'm in search of myself. If you find me before I arrive, please have me wait.

AOL IM: petrol01

[This message has been edited by petrol (edited 06-11-2001).]

hey

i have 7 tattoos- got my newest one on saturday nite -

I have 4 on my back (1 of which goes from bottom of neck to top of butt- full spine - down the center - about 20-30 stars)... i have one on my left shoulder - one on my foot - and the newest one right above my vagina-

pain? -- depends on your tolerance - i personally enjoy pain to a point - so tattoos are sorta erotic to me - ...

forever? -- yes they are forever -- keep that in mind - dont get stupid shit on your body -- make sure you are 100% sure that it is something u will not get sick of - something that you will not regret (like a name - or date, etc)..

If ihad to say yay or nay.. id defiantley say yay -- .. tats are the shit - just be sure your 100% ready and 100% sure that your peice will be sumthin that you beleive in -- and your view will not change on its meaning..

------------------

Religion is for those who fear going to hell-

Spirituality is for those who have already been there!

angelSIG.jpg

I have two tattoos. One on my tailbone (black tribal band with a chinese character for "Life"). One on my back in between my two shoulder blades (a black tribal dragon with a red chinese letter for "Strength").

I told my gf who wanted a tattoo that she should get it on her tailbone. Why?

1. It hurts a hell of a lot less then the middle of your back. That one hurted like all hell.

2. I put it on my back so that I don't look at it all the time. Sometimes, I forget that it's there.

I find tattoos to be sexy and so does my bf. Everybody here has said this already but I can't stress it enough for you. Make sure you like . . . LOVE what you're getting. It is a life long decision.

BlueAngel

------------------

“I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones.” - John Cage

boobielogo2.jpg

Ok. I have three tattoos and my fourth one will be done before the end of the summer.

As far as the PAIN is concerned, don't worry about it. By the time they start you'll have so much adrenaline pumping, you'll barely feel it, and you might even like it.

As far as the permanancy issue, I have a few hings to say. As evryone else has said, make sure you love it. But here's a thought: I'm 25 and I got my first one when I was 18.

I still love it, but its not necessarily something I would get now. The reason I still love it is because I see it as a memento of me when I was 18. Its a symbol of who I was at that time in my life. Its like a photograph, so I'll never regret it, or get sick of it because when I look at it, I remember the young me. I feel the same way about my others.

Just make sure you're doing it for the right reasons.

------------------

"Life has no instruction manual. Parts and labor can be impossible to find. Many go down the road with parts that are in great need of service. A breakdown is eventual." - HR

just a matter of personal opinion, but i dont find tattoos atractive at all. theres nothing worse than a great looking girl who has all these tattoos all over her body....total turnoff!!!

one might be ok if its small and has significant meaning to you, but people that get dolphins, and the sun/moon/stars and all that other sh!t will just regret them a few years down the road. it WAS a fad, and now its over.

just my 2 cents!

I have three tattoos, I have a band of butterflys around my ankle. This one is the most visable of all of the three and people are making comments about it all of the time, but they are not bad comments and overall I think that people really like it and are attracted to me more since they can tell that I am a laid back person, open to different things. Also, I have a large sun right in the same spot that you want to get yours, it didn't hurt all that bad, at first you can feel it then your endorphins kick in. But I really like the tattoo there, people think that it is very sexy, and you can hide it if you want to. The other one is somewhere where the sun don't shine and very few eyes wonder....

Just like everyone else is saying make sure it is of something that you really want, and really think about it, it is a life long decision... Have fun!

------------------

Music makes the world turn, for without it we are nothing.

Originally posted by petp:

just a matter of personal opinion, but i dont find tattoos atractive at all. theres nothing worse than a great looking girl who has all these tattoos all over her body....total turnoff!!!

one might be ok if its small and has significant meaning to you, but people that get dolphins, and the sun/moon/stars and all that other sh!t will just regret them a few years down the road. it WAS a fad, and now its over.

just my 2 cents!

Well everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Can't please everyone.

BlueAngel

------------------

“I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones.” - John Cage

boobielogo2.jpg

I have 3 tattoos myself, one of which (half sun half moon on my lower left back) was a hasty decision i made when I was 16..so now I am saving some $ to have something tattooed over it, the second tattoo I got when I was 20, a tribal butterfly on my sternum, and that wasn't as painful as I thought it would be, and the last one I got was 5 little colorless stars on the lower right of my back and that one hurt like hell! It's the smallest of the 3, but it felt like I was gonna die!

but my next tattoo is gonna be a pic of this pin-up girl down my back from a little below my neck to like the middle of my back. I have always had this fascination with pin-up girls, but I am debating on whether I should wait until I get married or not, so I don't look like white trash if I have an open back wedding dress.........

But now to finally answer your question...seriously consider what you wanna get. Keep in mind u will have it forever, and never ever ever get a BF/gF's name! hee hee. thank god 2 of mine are on my back, i never have to see them. good luck and let me know how it goes!

------------------

peng-movie.4.gif

*...have the ability to let that which does not matter, truly slide.*-Ed Norton-Fight Club

Make sure whatever tattoo you get is something you can see yourself with in the years to come. The biggest mistake is when people get these dumb tatoos of stupid designs that there not gonna like when they grow up.......

------------------

walk through the velvet ropes

Does anyone know a good place in Manhattan that is clean and has a great artist to get a tat done? I know exactly what I want, but have only a rough sketch and it's kinda unique, so I'd need someone who could kinda elaborate artistcally on the design — any suggestions?

------------------

Upcoming Gigs:

5/26 - Sin, Albany

6/9 - Deep, LI

6/10 and every Monday to follow - Liquid, LI

www.djrussreign.com

NY METS 2000 NL CHAMPS!

Well i regret mine, not having it done but what it is of. When i was heavily in to trhe pills, Doves were the main ones. So i got a dove on my arm, i am going to get it covered with another tattoo though.

Seriously think about what you are going to get done is my advice.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

I have three so far, one of them is a tribal on my lower back, from my waist to my ass-crack. I'm not gonna lie, it hurt like fuck, especially as the needle moved further towards the tailbone. And it was a four-hour session. But you know what? I would do it again.

I got my first tat 2 days after I turned 18... 8 years ago. I certainly don't regret it. BUT I had zero doubts when I had it done, I've known since I was maybe 13 or 14 that I wanted to get inked. It's a dragon, and like Lavendarmenace said, it's not something I would pick if I were given the choice today, but I think of it as a reminder of myself at 18.

Just put a lot of thought into it... this is something that's going to be on your body FOREVER... unless you go through the even more painful procedure of laser removal.

------------------

fsolgirl4.gif Let me take you on a journey into bliss. fsolgirl5.gif

[This message has been edited by tastyt (edited 06-11-2001).]

I have two right now and I get urges for a third all the time. The first one I got is a kangi symbol for truth, it is on the left side of my chest. The second one I got about a year after the first. It's a celtic trinity knot. That one is on my ankle. They're both fairly small, I'd say each is an inch tall. So, it's easy to hide in certain situations.

------------------

cathysignature.jpgblossom002_60_16256.gif

~*~*~Don't use time or words carelessly, neither can be retrieved.~*~*~ blossom.gif

AIM: cathyoNYC

Hey girly-

Look, first of all make sure you pick something that means something to you. Something that reflects you, and your personality. That way the chances of you regreting it are more unlikely.

Secondly I have two tatoo's. One on my ankle and another on my lower back where you are thinking of getting yours. I will tell you it does not hurt that much. Part of mine is on my spine of course and yes you will feel a little pain but it isn't anything you can't handle. Mine was a piece of cake.

So in the end I think you should go and get a tatoo. Join the rest of us. And let me know once you have gotten it.

Good Luck!!!!!!!!

cwm27.gifcwm32.gif

------------------

"Nothing Lasts forever but the earth and sky"- KS

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the name of the Potleaf,

The Blunt, And the Cannibus Spirit,

SMOKE UP!

thanks guys. well i think im gonna get it. I might as well. You only live once and it really is an amazing pic of a butterfly. I think im just gonna get it a little smaller than the pic i have. So where did everyone get their tats? i know a lot of people from jersey go to shotsies (did i spell that right) and all the people from rockland i know when to some guy in suffern who is supposedly world known. cwm38.gif

------------------

*~*In 3 words I can sum up everything I have learned about life - IT GOES ON*~*

*~*Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but memories*~*

Aol~Tee0715~

Originally posted by petrol:

OK...

First,

Duckets, i think I gotta meet you.

So funny that you said that...was thinking the same of you!

------------------

peng-movie.4.gif

*...have the ability to let that which does not matter, truly slide.*-Ed Norton-Fight Club

OK...

First,

Duckets, i think I gotta meet you.

Imnikki, i *have* to see your spine.

And a few more points which peeps have mentioned.

1. no names

2. no pictures

Excpetion: parents, offspring, siblings. You know that will never change.

I also decline anything too trendy, or pop.

Just consider all the cool-kids who got Metallica tattoos...

And, as an artist, I like to be the designer of my tatts.

Russ, maybe I can help out with the design, PM me to discuss.

------------------

I'm in search of myself. If you find me before I arrive, please have me wait.

AOL IM: petrol01