Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Connecticut People?

Originally posted by snappy139:

I love the Brickyard!!!! So much better then NYC!!!! The music is just better!!! Ok... so I'm lying a little bit, please do not take me serious.

Bro, you drive all the way from Stamford to Hartford, just to go to the brickyard?? I know you are being all sarcastic about it being better than NYC, but thats like an hour and half drive. Id rather be at Premier.

Chicago's pretty cool. There's a lake the size of an ocean w/ no waves and not a mountain for hundreds of miles. All serious there is a killer underground scene that's keeping me happy.

New Haven huh, how is that new club? Not BAR but the one that I think starts w/ an "A".

------------------

wombat3.gif

Hey guys....I might be moving to CT to work for Sikorsky in Stratford. I'm trying to find some place maybe halfway between nyc and stratford to live. Maybe 20 minutes from Stratford...whatever... Im fron Philly and don't know much about CT, anyone recommend good areas with reasonable apartment rentals?? I'd REALLY appreciate any advice from you guys... something maybe $800 or so a month... 1 bedroom.. Didnt know Stamford was like $2000 a month places.. smile.gif

Peace,

Adam

------------------

Adam's little site AIM/AOL: Housemusic4evr

Originally posted by impulse69:

Bro, you drive all the way from Stamford to Hartford, just to go to the brickyard?? I know you are being all sarcastic about it being better than NYC, but thats like an hour and half drive. Id rather be at Premier.

I thought you might find that funny. My friends live up that way. Honestly I have'nt even been there in so long. Ever since they opened this new club in Springfield,MA called the Hippodrome I have totally skipped the Hartford scene. I agree that Premeire is a much better scene music and crowd wise. Have not been there in a while though. I brought my girl up to Hartford once and she was like..."this is a club"? When money permits.. NYC is my choice!!!!

Originally posted by wombat:

Chicago's pretty cool. There's a lake the size of an ocean w/ no waves and not a mountain for hundreds of miles. All serious there is a killer underground scene that's keeping me happy.

New Haven huh, how is that new club? Not BAR but the one that I think starts w/ an "A".

You mean Alchemy? It’s a pretty nice place. A little small, and it closes too early, but nice.

Originally posted by housemusic4evr:

Hey guys....I might be moving to CT to work for Sikorsky in Stratford. I'm trying to find some place maybe halfway between nyc and stratford to live. Maybe 20 minutes from Stratford...whatever... Im fron Philly and don't know much about CT, anyone recommend good areas with reasonable apartment rentals?? I'd REALLY appreciate any advice from you guys... something maybe $800 or so a month... 1 bedroom.. Didnt know Stamford was like $2000 a month places.. smile.gif

Peace,

Adam

I was born and raised in Philly, and moved up to CT 1 1/2 years ago for my job. Stamford was my first choice too, but I can’t afford the rents. Stamford offers Manhattan-like rents, with very little Manhattan-like benefits.

You might want to check out Norwalk or Fairfield, although both are a bit pricey too. Trumbull might work too. Bridgeport is a rat-hole (it’s where I just moved from). Every place else in Fairfield county is too expensive, unless you move up north, away from the sound.

------------------

Coming soon...

Hey...another CT resident here from Wallingford-have to say Hartford sux lately. Been to the Hippodrome...liked the scene but the music was pretty main stream. Checked out Rise for afterhours...ok, not too many people but I know the owner. Give it some time and I'll check it out again. New Haven has some ok spots, Alchemy, Bar on Saturdays. But nothing compares to NYC. Go there every chance I get. Going on July 14 to Central Park for the free Basement Jaxx concert! Can't wait. Moby at the Tweeter Center in Boston...in a few more weeks...anyone else going to that?

I'm from the little town of wolcott if anyone gives a hoot. I'll have to agree with everyone that new haven is ok but NYC is where its at . Is anyone here going to see Danny T. at club space on july 3rd in the hamptons if so we should have a ct meet up ???????? cwm11.gifcwm26.gifcwm11.gifcwm26.gifcwm26.gif

Originally posted by alt300:

I'm from the little town of wolcott if anyone gives a hoot. I'll have to agree with everyone that new haven is ok but NYC is where its at . Is anyone here going to see Danny T. at club space on july 3rd in the hamptons if so we should have a ct meet up ???????? cwm11.fcwm11.gifcwm26.gifcwm26.gif

My girl and I are going!!!! I think Temia is also performing her hit "Stranger in the House" as well. Should be a slamming time! We should definately have a meet up. We live in Stamford.

Originally posted by housemusic4evr:

Your best bet is to rent in like Ansonia, East Haven, Milford, or maybe Orange. All of them, are super close to the Sikorsky Bridge by the Parkway. A few of my friends work at Sikorsky, good fuckin money