Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Connecticut People?

I grew up in East Hartford but just graduated from Rutgers and working in Jersey City so I'm movin to the city, or as close to as I can afford. The only bar I really like going to was RooBar in the summer and sometimes Bourban Street. I went to RooBar a couple Thurs nights ago and the girls there were unbelievable, never saw the Roo like that.

------------------

In the end its not the years in our life that count but the life in our years.

Always remember you are unique just like everyone else.

Hamden up in the hizouse. I DJ at Side Street Bar & Grill on Wed. nights in Hamden, so if you want to hear some NYC house music in CT then that is the spot to be. Besides me, all that CT plays is pure cheeezzzzzzze. IM if you need some directions or have any other questions.

Originally posted by rparadox:

What's up with a Connecticut meetup people?

Hmmmmm, where do you suggest us CT peeps should have a meetup? Been to New Haven and there are no clubs worth going to. That place Risk was a total "Risk" going to considering my girl and I took the treck up there. I mean, what's up with the velvet ropes and 10 bucks to get in? The music is soooooo mainstream also. Stamford would be the likely meetup spot since it's the only cool scene in the state of CT - music and scene wise.

Originally posted by djfabioc:

Originally posted by rparadox:

What's up with a Connecticut meetup people?

I would suggest the Club Premiere in Stamford on Friday July 06....

I'm down for that. My girl and I usually start out at the Lava Lounge and swing over to Premiere when we go there. It's too bad that place wasn't bigger otherwise that place would rock. For CT though it's as good as it gets w/o going to the city. Shit, I remember last year when they had those podiums in the middle of the main floor. There was like no place to dance and the peeps that were up there attracting everyone's attention. Good thing that they took them out of there. Too small to be putting them in the middle of the floor. Used to get in for free when my girl had her vip card, but the thing expired last year and they never gave her another. Oh well, guess we are stuck paying the 10 bucks!

Yep, yep, CT is boring but there's fun to be had if you want it bad enough. Now, though, I only to go to BAR, or into NY. Whoever said Risk sucks is right...I went there once and wasn't that impressed. I've had some entertaining evenings in New Haven....one friend even managed to drag me to Gotham Citi, Van Dome and "CT's Hottest Sat. Night Dance Party" at Toad's (although, that was the first and last time I've ever been to any of those places)...I have to say, though, that it was pretty entertaining watching the 15-year-old girls parading around in sparkly tube tops and and black pleather pants, while overweight frat boys and greasy guidos tried to get it on with them. Oh, and the "CT's hottest thong" contest at Toad's was pretty amusing too...

I go to Premiere quite often on Friday nights. I'm good friends with the DJ, Frank Berardi. He's a really nice guy. He's a good DJ, too. Unfortunately, ownership doesn't totally let him do his thing, but he has a ton of new music, and tries to play as much as he can. He's good friends with a lot of the NYC DJs, and he produced a few tracks with Mike Macaluso. I always have a good time there with my friends. I know it isn't the city, but it's cheaper, it's always crowded, and it's an alternative to going to Manhattan if you're not in the mood. It's also a cool warmup before you troop down to the city for afterhours. Let me know if you guys are going to have a meetup.

Originally posted by launch:

We could do a meetup in the city, there are plenty of places to go, and Im sure everyone winds up there anyway. Please not in New Haven, I cant stand the places here.

How about Exit this saturday?

Me and a bunch friends usually meet right off exit 8 @ the parking of this place called Elm street Market betw 11:30 and 11:45 almost every saturday!

Would that work? cwm11.gifcwm40.gifcwm40.gif

------------------

IT IS NICE TO BE IMPORTANT BUT IS MORE IMPORTANT TO BE NICE!

aol IM- Dj Fabio CT EXIT -G U E S T L I S T guestlis@optonline.net

DiscobalII.jpg

Originally posted by aemoc:

Yep, yep, CT is boring but there's fun to be had if you want it bad enough. Now, though, I only to go to BAR, or into NY. Whoever said Risk sucks is right...I went there once and wasn't that impressed. I've had some entertaining evenings in New Haven....one friend even managed to drag me to Gotham Citi, Van Dome and "CT's Hottest Sat. Night Dance Party" at Toad's (although, that was the first and last time I've ever been to any of those places)...I have to say, though, that it was pretty entertaining watching the 15-year-old girls parading around in sparkly tube tops and and black pleather pants, while overweight frat boys and greasy guidos tried to get it on with them. Oh, and the "CT's hottest thong" contest at Toad's was pretty amusing too...

That would have been me ragging on that so called club called "Risk". Shit.. I took the risk of going there just to here mainstream cheeze music. The place is smaller then a shoe box and they charge 10bucks. Sounds like they are trying to copy Premeire. Trial and error I guess.

Originally posted by djfabioc:

How about Exit this saturday?

Me and a bunch friends usually meet right off exit 8 @ the parking of this place called Elm street Market betw 11:30 and 11:45 almost every saturday!

Would that work? cwm11.gifcwm40.gifcwm40.gif

I'm right off exit 9. Probably going to Bridgeview in Island Park w/my girl. Saturdays kick ass there. How has Exit been on Saturday's anyway? I went a few months back and it seemed as if the crowd was quite young. I mean the music was good for the most part though.

If anyone would want to head down to NYC on a thursday, I promote for Cheetah Club. We could get a table there and chill, its a more laid back loungey atmosphere. Im sure some of you have been. Fridays Im a partner at that new Limelight party, so Saturdays are totally open. And there's always Space in the Hamptons....Everyone can email me, and well set something up. Later

Burke

launchpromo@hotmail.com

Originally posted by muziklover23:

I go to Premiere quite often on Friday nights. I'm good friends with the DJ, Frank Berardi. He's a really nice guy. He's a good DJ, too. Unfortunately, ownership doesn't totally let him do his thing, but he has a ton of new music, and tries to play as much as he can. He's good friends with a lot of the NYC DJs, and he produced a few tracks with Mike Macaluso. I always have a good time there with my friends. I know it isn't the city, but it's cheaper, it's always crowded, and it's an alternative to going to Manhattan if you're not in the mood. It's also a cool warmup before you troop down to the city for afterhours. Let me know if you guys are going to have a meetup.

Do you know a Blonde bartender named Adelle that works there?