Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Ultimate DJ Poll

Who is your favorite mainstream DJ?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite mainstream DJ?

• DJ Tiesto
    • Johnny Vicious
    • Carl Cox
    • Sasha and/or Digweed
    • Draper
    • Danny Tenaglia
    • Jonathan Peters
    • Paul Van Dyk
    • Junior Vasquez
    • Deep Dish

I had to narrow this down to 10, so I left out a lot of European and domestic talent out. I chose the ones that are more "mainstream" as, inevitably, they would be the ones that get the most votes anyway.

Notably missing are trance DJ's (Dave Seaman, etc), house DJ's (Steve Lawler, etc) and the Euro crowd (Mauro Picotto, etc). Deal.

all of those DJS are mainstream except S&D and PVD. . .Lawler and Seaman are no way mainstream either. . .

Cox is mainsteam already cause he's doing that awful Area One tour, which is done by Moby. . .and Moby is way beyond commercial. . .

Tiesto is mainstream. . .the dude spun at Webster Hall. . .

Junior is mainstream...he remixes almost song that comes out...guarantee you he did a remix of the teletubbies too. . .

Deep Dish is commercial too. . .they remix every song too. . .they remixed N*sync for pete's sake. . .

mainstream = commercial

Nice sunglasses?! :tongue:

Anyway I picked S&D mainly for the memories...I like DT's style & there's probably something about each DJ you chose that I also like but...years of Twilo memories make S&D my favorite so far...ask me in a few years...:D

Originally posted by aphelion

Thanks... by Kenneth Cole LOL... the original snapshot is floating aroound somewhere.

I went with Carl Cox myself-- he's a more energetic kind of house, not like Deep Dish or S&D.

Is Deep Dish coming to Centro soon?

But I've been "moved' by many of those DJs on the list at different times and each for different reasons..

(I'm more into Adam freeland and funky breaks these days)

but...

If I had to give a list of MY favorite Trance Djs (which didn't make it in your poll) I'd have to throw in: Timo Mass, Danny Howels, Anthony Papa and Sanders Kleinenberg..

NOT as Supa DJ status as S&D but I DEF think up and coming..

(However my vote of your poll goes with Carl Cox..brotha rips it up!)

Originally posted by twiloman

i know oakie is mainstream, i still love tranceport though...

Oakie is mainstream, but I don't think he's anybody's favorite anymore... :biggrin:

As of this writing, 27 votes and no single DJ has more than 4. Lots of split opinion..........

Originally posted by gonzojournilist

I picked Carl Cox b/c it's the only Techno DJ up there

Is that what they call it? And here I am making an ass out of myself calling it "energetic house."

:blown:

Originally posted by momadance

where the heck is erick moriilo on your list, or at least an 'other' option would be good.

"Who is your favorite mainstream DJ?" I explained in the post why I had to cut down my 50-DJ-strong list to 10.

Originally posted by back2basics-

No Mills, Hawtin, Howells, Lawler??!?!?!?!? How can that possibly be an Ultimate DJ poll?

Maintain.

R.

I wasn't aware that these are mainstream DJ's. I think this poll needs to be re-worked.

Tenaglia, Sasha, Diggers, Howells, Lawler, Kleinenberg, Hawtin, Wink, Seaman, Emerson, Debo, Ashley Casselle, D:Fuse, Cass, DJ Dan, Deep Dish, Humate, Aquaviva, Pappa, Jimmy Van M, Sean Cusick, Garniet, Mixmaster Mike, Lawrence, Scott Henry, DJ Icey, DJ Rap, Odi, Futureshock, Danny Rampling, Nick Warren, Carl Cox, Max Graham, Charles Feelgood, Jody Wisternoff, Lee Burridge, Tony De Vit, Fergie, Lisa Loud, Lisa Lashes, Creamer, Maas, Lucian Foort, DJ Craze ...etc...etc....

That's what an "Ultimate DJ poll" would resemble.

And besides with all the genres out there, it's impossible to say who's best. You're telling me Icey would be better than say Pappa? How can that be? Howells doesn't do breaks and big beat and vice versa.

And none of these mofos are mainstream. Like someone said before...mainstream= commercial. Only Oakie's been on MTV...and we all know he sucks ass anyhow.