Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Ultimate DJ Poll

Who is your favorite mainstream DJ?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite mainstream DJ?

• DJ Tiesto
    • Johnny Vicious
    • Carl Cox
    • Sasha and/or Digweed
    • Draper
    • Danny Tenaglia
    • Jonathan Peters
    • Paul Van Dyk
    • Junior Vasquez
    • Deep Dish

Originally posted by doubledown11

That's what an "Ultimate DJ poll" would resemble.

TEN!! Don't you get it? There can only be up to TEN CHOICES. Some people.

By the way, you forgot Dave Ralph, David Morales, Armand Van Helden, Johan Gielen, Scot Project, ATB, Hex Hector, Rob Corbett, Judge Jules, Matt Darey, Mauro Picotto, Mario Piu, Seb Fontaine, Tall Paul, Crystal Method, Dave Clark, Guy Ornadel and Scott Bond. Believe me, I know what I'm talking about.

And besides with all the genres out there, it's impossible to say who's best. You're telling me Icey would be better than say Pappa? How can that be? Howells doesn't do breaks and big beat and vice versa.

Unless you're dyslexic, I don't see how you could mistake "favorite" for "best."

Squash the drama.

I didn't forget anybody. And if you want to be technical....favorite...best...whatever...they still aren't mainstream.

And as for not writing the names you supplied....I did end my list with "etc...etc" which means it keeps on going.

Squash the drama? I didn't think there was any, just my opinion. But thank you for reminding me why I don't enjoy posting on this board...anytime someone posts an opinion that differs from the population, it's regarded as drama. That kind of thinking is narrow minded and obtuse.

Now it's squashed.

Peace!

Originally posted by doubledown11

You're telling me Icey would be better than say Pappa? How can that be? Howells doesn't do breaks and big beat and vice versa.

icey is weak.. cheesy florida breaks..

and when was the last time you heard howells? lot of breaks being played at vinyl july 3rd along w/ progressive, deep house, techno....

Will yuo people listing DJ's for the poll, put down you copy of mixmag and get out more?

Jesus Judge jules, Dave Clark, ATB, etc... all good DJ's but no where near the top, unless your 12 and so wankered on E that some bloke clapping sounds good to you.

Jules can hardly mix, apart from the train wrecks, the man uses cut off's all the time.

Doubledown, i quiet like your selection.. a little more like it :)

Originally posted by back2basics-

Will yuo people listing DJ's for the poll, put down you copy of mixmag and get out more?

Jesus Judge jules, Dave Clark, ATB, etc... all good DJ's but no where near the top, unless your 12 and so wankered on E that some bloke clapping sounds good to you.

Jules can hardly mix, apart from the train wrecks, the man uses cut off's all the time.

Doubledown, i quiet like your selection.. a little more like it :)

fergie and lisa lashes..

i knew it... your a closet uk hard house lover!!!

I guess none of you newbies ever had to carry a few hundred 12 inches around the world.Im sure if you did you would change your tune.

A dj should be judged on the way he selects the music to bring the vibe in a certain direction-

not the medium he stores the music on.....I cant stand all of you high and mighty people judgeing something they themselves dont have the balls to step up and do themselves.

come to a gig and carry my vinyl,then have to figure out the jigsaw puzzle that is every dance floor in the world then you can comment.

you should to learn to walk in another mans shoes before judgeing him.Its no wonder the whols club scene is a shadow of what it was...its because of hangers on like yourselves.

Originally posted by aphelion

Oakie is mainstream, but I don't think he's anybody's favorite anymore... :biggrin:

As of this writing, 27 votes and no single DJ has more than 4. Lots of split opinion..........

hey i gotta dumb question... is that picture really you where the avatar is? and if it is, howd you do that?

cat.gif

Originally posted by edpostal

Trance is dead

techno is whacked

JUNIOR VASQVEZ is GOD

hee hee.....

& NYC House will live forever!! Diva's rule!!

lol j/k, but seriously, didn't you post something about negativity and 'hangers-on'?

Trance isn't dead, its' changing....

& Techno ROCKS!!!

I'd like to check out Junior one day.....probably tears it up...would I be wrong to think he plays a lot of domestic house and diva vocals? I'm only going based on word of mouth and his productions/mix CD's........probably not my cup o' java, but I'd like to check out one of the biggest names in DJ'ng....

but JEff Mills should be on this list somewhere...that would be my choice....Hawtin as well....

Carl Cox may have been at the Area 1 show, but he didn't sell out like Oakey, he stayed true, so I wouldn't say that makes him cheesy/mainstream

Originally posted by edpostal

I guess none of you newbies ever had to carry a few hundred 12 inches around the world.Im sure if you did you would change your tune.

A dj should be judged on the way he selects the music to bring the vibe in a certain direction-

not the medium he stores the music on.....I cant stand all of you high and mighty people judgeing something they themselves dont have the balls to step up and do themselves.

come to a gig and carry my vinyl,then have to figure out the jigsaw puzzle that is every dance floor in the world then you can comment.

you should to learn to walk in another mans shoes before judgeing him.Its no wonder the whols club scene is a shadow of what it was...its because of hangers on like yourselves.

this is a good point.....about the CD's....and also how people are quick to judge, when they haven't even tried it....

I heard there was some new product that Hawtin was using, that you could basically put this dummy-vinyl on the decks, and play tracks from your PC (or CD?), using the dummy-vinyl to manipulate the track like it was the record itself...this would make it the best of both worlds.....

have you heard anything about this?

Originally posted by nycsexkitten

hey i gotta dumb question... is that picture really you where the avatar is? and if it is, howd you do that?

cat.gif

Yeah, that's me. :cool:

I took a snapshot with a webcam, cropped it to a perfect square, sized it to 50 by 50, and then (this was the hard part) added the transparency on the right side.

It's only a temporary vanity thing. I just got the shades a week or two ago, so I'm still digging them. :biggrin: