Clubplanet Nightlife Community

everyone uner 21 read!

our asshole mayor is at it once again. it is now ILLEGAL to no just buy drinks but to drink underage. big undercover crackdown on underage drinking begins monday. undercover cops will be in bars and restaurants. anyone caught drinking will be ARRESTED. be careful!!

Originally posted by bkissa

our asshole mayor is at it once again. it is now ILLEGAL to no just buy drinks but to drink underage. big undercover crackdown on underage drinking begins monday. undercover cops will be in bars and restaurants. anyone caught drinking will be ARRESTED. be careful!!

Underage drinking has always been illegal

Originally posted by teklord310

Is this for real or just to scare people/bars. What an asshole!

This is definitely for real. My lawyer just told me this morning to warn me since i have to stay out of trouble. next thing you know we'll have undercover cops in the clubs arresting anyone who is using drugs.

Originally posted by bkissa

This is definitely for real. My lawyer just told me this morning to warn me since i have to stay out of trouble. next thing you know we'll have undercover cops in the clubs arresting anyone who is using drugs.

Please tell me that this post is a complete joke. For one underage drinking is against the law and secondly using drugs is against the law too. Anyone caught using drugs is usually arrested whether you are in a club or not.

Originally posted by tastyt

What is this, the "state the painfully obvious" thread???

:tongue:

im not saying it is newly illegal to do this stuff...i am saying that while the gov't formerly did not care, they are now doing undercover busts for underage drinking. like, there will be undercover cops in bars and restaurants.

i also heard they are going to be especially strict w/ the russian restaurants where liquor is served to everyone and since RJ especially hates russians.

this is so bad. russian restaurants are such a big part of my life. :laugh:

This always happens when it comes to the ending point of a politicians career. They want to be able to show how much they did and leave a legacy for themselves. I don't think people who are underage should be out drinking in a bar. I use to drink when I was underage to, but it was at house parties or on the beach in the summer time. People should be smart enough to know that if you are going out drinking and you are underage you always run the risk of getting busted.

damn, i was hoping my lawyer lied, but its all true!!!

i went to opium den last night and the bouncer didn't let me in. he told me how there were undercover cops inside checking everyone's id's. and anyone who had a fake or didn't have one was arrested!!!!!

no booze....what to do now??

• 4 weeks later...

what bkissa was trying to say that before if you got caught drinking at a club or bar and were underage the worst they would do is kick you out, but now they're arresting you, THATS FUCKED UP, he has nothing better to do, like this will really make the world a better place.

The world will be better when he finish's his term.

ya know . . I read this thread and I found :

1. Alot of stupid underagers saying that pinching people for underage drinking sucks . .

2. People at the age of majority saying that it's been illegal so deal with it.

Nobody has offered a remedy, or stated WHY the situation has gotten to this point.

Here's my spin, in the form of an analogy:

You're driving down . . .say . . .287 at 4:00 in the afternoon, heading towards connecticut. Now there's you, a punk ass bitch in a all show, no go civic and a state trooper that's hanging back in the distance.

All of you are going 80 miles an hour. You drive and stay put in the fast lane. The punk ass bitch is shuffling lanes while trying to jockey for a better position in traffic. Now . .which one is the Trooper going to pinch?

Keep in mind that both of you are breaking the posted limit, so both of you are, in turn, fair game. . .

Answer: the punk ass bitch. . why? Because it's MORE of a hazard to be doing 80 and switching lanes erraticly than doing 80 and staying in the same lane.

Cops catch EVERYTHING. EVERYTHING you do that breaks the law, whether it be on the road or at a club, and theres cops watching, will be noticed. The key is to HANDLE yourself.

This little analogy, applied to clubs is the reason that the Central Flooreeda scene is nonexistant today. It went from clubbers/ravers who knew how to handle themselves to kids that did NOT. When the problem gets to the point that people coming out of church (In the case of O-town) see a whole bunch of party crackheads on the street all lolling back and forth because of one too many the night before, the police are forced to act, and then they crack down.

The same thing goes for underage drinking, the more stupid kids who get brought to the ER because of poisoning or E abuse, the more the city is going to call for a crackdown.

Just a thought . .

Im not tryin to be a jerk or anything but I mean, if you're under 21 you're not supposed to be drinking - duh. Its pretty simple, that doesnt mean you can't drink, it just means if you're stupid or just not lucky, you're going to get fucked...

I saw NYPD cops in Exit in April stopping every single person that had a drink in there hand and checking there IDs. I saw this one kid in Sound Factory last year get busted for that. So I think they've been doing that for a while now. Maybe now there just gonna do it more often.

well you're not SUPPOSED to be doing drugs either.

I never said I do drugs, dear...therefore I could careless about undercovers in clubs...what are they gonna do, take my cigs?

However I'm sure that IF i did do drugs, I'd think undercovers sucked, naturally - because i'm doing drugs...thats human nature

point is, you're not supposed to do drugs...you can if you want, hell i used to....and i dont have a problem with anyone who does but at the same time if you're going to do them be prepared to accept the consequences...you see where i'm comin' from?