Clubplanet Nightlife Community

weekend in Chicago...

Pete9018

i'll be in Chicago from the 16th to the 21st, i'm from NYC and am looking for where to be when i get there. Something nice and loungey and something a little crazy with good progressive, hard house. tell me if you have any recommendations! thursday, fr, sat, sunday, whatev!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welll...the ppl that really know will probably jump all over this in a bit, but the most popular places seem to be Crobar, RedNoFive, Transit, Zentra, Rive Gauche, Kustom (haha)... (am I missing any guys...?). I never make it out, as I am a mere toddler and thus shunned by the Chicago clubbing community ( ;) ), but if you hit some of these places you're almost sure to run into some cool peeps from the Chicago board. :)

OK well Thursdays, probably the best night is at RedNo5 on thurdays (they have Darren Emmerson, D:Fuse and John Aquaviva as periodic residencies).

Friday nights : RedNo5 is pretty good Derrick Carter is resident. I here Crobar is pretty cool as well. And i think it's Zentra that has that new house night (run by the Mad Bar people), they have had some pretty big name playing.

Saturday, RedNo5 or Crobar.

Sunday, theer are quiet a few places. I here Le Passage & Transit are pretty good on sundays.

Does everyone agree that B2B likes RedNoFive???

Defenately RedNo or Rive Gauche on Thursdays.

Fridays I would stick with Zentra or Crobar

Saturdays, well almost everything is going on Saturdays. Crobar seems to draw the biggest crowd, but it gets too hot and packed in there most of the time. Zentra is usually just right, good music decent crowd. Transit is awesome if they have a big name spinning. RedNo, really isn't a hot spot for saturdays unless they are having a special event.

Originally posted by diesel77

thursday aug 16th, frankie bones at cafe sureal. Phat afterhours after. Im not sure about this but on the 18th might be 6th anniversary of Interactive @ crobar.

Stayed tuned, there will be more soon..

tommy

WHAT WHAT WHAT!!?!??!!?!?!

I am there , i shall book Friday off tommow.

Tommy isn't Cafe Sureal changing in to a club? Will they still do afters?

Originally posted by diesel77

actually cafe is a club, its across the street from where it is now, so afterhours will be at the old cafe....

tommy

SHit that's good i herd about the club and it said while 4 in the morning.. and started panicing that the best after place i have been to is shutting.

Frankie bones though i think Wombat will be down for that.

yes the 18th!!!

Last year the Anniversary was so packed that they would not let ppl with the gold Vip cards in. It will be a mad house in there.

Tranceaction, where do you usually chill at crobar?

9th- pvd

16th- bones

18th-bitch

nice!!

tommy

Originally posted by wombat

Hold up I'm confused. B2B is that joint we hung out @ cafe surreal, or ist it bing held @ a different place or something?

I think I may have just made history.:cool:

for what? the most consecutive confused posts ever?:tongue:

Originally posted by wombat

Hold up I'm confused. B2B is that joint we hung out @ cafe surreal, or ist it bing held @ a different place or something?

I think I may have just made history.:cool:

No aparently they are opening a club across the road called Cafe Surreal in August. That shuts at 4 then everybody goes across to what we know as Cafe Surreal for the afters. I think Mr Bones must be the opening night.

boom boom boom.

BB - it'll still be mad fun and a great night to get f**ked up.. i'm just gonna bring a towel with me.

Hmmm.. i just noticed something, under Back2Basics' name on the left hand side where it says 'gender'.. he's listed as (M/F).. instead of male or female or blank..

What does that mean?

Originally posted by tranceaction

BB - it'll still be mad fun and a great night to get f**ked up.. i'm just gonna bring a towel with me.

Hmmm.. i just noticed something, under Back2Basics' name on the left hand side where it says 'gender'.. he's listed as (M/F).. instead of male or female or blank..

What does that mean?

hmm that's for me to know and you to find out....

I am also a 'Club Relic'

Trance, It isn't fun for me to get fucked up in a place where it's 110 degres and you can't move. I would rather sit at home in the A/C and get fucked up then sweat off 50 lbs in one night.

You guys have a good time at the Crobar Weightloss Sauna...

Originally posted by bouncyboy

Trance, It isn't fun for me to get fucked up in a place where it's 110 degres and you can't move. I would rather sit at home in the A/C and get fucked up then sweat off 50 lbs in one night.

You guys have a good time at the Crobar Weightloss Sauna...

Shut up and sweat some ;) I will have you sweating next time we go out.

I sweat enough as is when I go out. I don't need Crobar for that, but last time I was at Crobar I was literally soaked. My pants and shirt were sticking to my body, I had a sweat ring on my shirt from my neck to my waist, there is nothing fun about that.

as for you making me sweat B2B, You know ya can baby...