Clubplanet Nightlife Community

"Daaarrrling when did we fall..when was it over?"

Anyone know that track?

I was listening to it the other day and I got so bumbed out..

actually I need some sappy love advise (SO IF YOU HATE SAP LEAVE THIS THREAD NOW!)

OK?

Kathy (my girlfriend) and I have been together for five years..we live together and travel together..we do EVERYTHING together. Everything seemed honky dory, Two club heads that have grown from crack head ravers to more responsible music lovers. when we met we where so on the same vibe but as time passes we are starting to shift in interests..she's becoming more "glamy" and loves fancy stuff..I'm still into the more "edgy" arsty shit. Now she's also 22 and I'm 28 (BIG DIFFERENCE) so I think we are on different stages in life. However after getting back from Italy , which was full of nothing but great times, I was hit with the doomed " I need my own space" speech! Not only that but she's dissapearing and not coming home sometimes, "sleepin at a friends!" I'm like ..L"listen if it's someone else tell me now and we can seperate.." but she's telling me that she just stays at her girl friend's sometimes because she dosen't feel like coming home any more. (?)

Needless to say I'm really upset. I'm starting to drink too much..and I've given up on my art..so I just read the internet all day and try and motivate myself to move on. However, it's not working! I've blown off two free lance animation gigs because I'm too down to conjure up any creativity. FIVE FUCKING YEARS MAN! That's a long time of me Giving...and giving..and giving and giving my all to someone who just took it and now wants to bail!

SO...

what should i do? Try and work it out with her?

Or as sting sang "If you love someone..set them free!"

All I want is to be like it use to..

I feel my humor dying..my cartoons are dissolving and I'm falling to a dark void of complete and utter gloom!

I need some advise!:(

leaving the one that you love is the hardest thing that a person can do! also giving someone space when it is what they feel they need is hard to do as well.... i can tell thru your messages that things for you have been different and hard, however maybe you need to back up allow her the space that she needs...

i am terrible in love situations, however if you need to talk and have me listen, just PM me.....

you should hang out with crazy ole shuga and me this weekend. she is a wealth of knowledge!

keep your chin up, kiddo.....

bear hugs-

-steph

Originally posted by mugwump

Anyone know that track?

I was listening to it the other day and I got so bumbed out..

actually I need some sappy love advise (SO IF YOU HATE SAP LEAVE THIS THREAD NOW!)

OK?

Kathy (my girlfriend) and I have been together for five years..we live together and travel together..we do EVERYTHING together. Everything seemed honky dory, Two club heads that have grown from crack head ravers to more responsible music lovers. when we met we where so on the same vibe but as time passes we are starting to shift in interests..she's becoming more "glamy" and loves fancy stuff..I'm still into the more "edgy" arsty shit. Now she's also 22 and I'm 28 (BIG DIFFERENCE) so I think we are on different stages in life. However after getting back from Italy , which was full of nothing but great times, I was hit with the doomed " I need my own space" speech! Not only that but she's dissapearing and not coming home sometimes, "sleepin at a friends!" I'm like ..L"listen if it's someone else tell me now and we can seperate.." but she's telling me that she just stays at her girl friend's sometimes because she dosen't feel like coming home any more. (?)

Needless to say I'm really upset. I'm starting to drink too much..and I've given up on my art..so I just read the internet all day and try and motivate myself to move on. However, it's not working! I've blown off two free lance animation gigs because I'm too down to conjure up any creativity. FIVE FUCKING YEARS MAN! That's a long time of me Giving...and giving..and giving and giving my all to someone who just took it and now wants to bail!

SO...

what should i do? Try and work it out with her?

Or as sting sang "If you love someone..set them free!"

All I want is to be like it use to..

I feel my humor dying..my cartoons are dissolving and I'm falling to a dark void of complete and utter gloom!

I need some advise!:(

yup, i hear ya bro.. can totally feel you on this one.. oh, and great choice of lyrics too..

one thing i think is important, is that if you find yourself drifting away from each other, that is one thing, and probably fixable.. i think there are always these stages in life..

however..

if you find that you are drifting away from yourself, that is where its time to take a step back and really survey the situation.. you have to be true to yourself before you can be true to another.. if you find yourself...

if she seems to be going in a different direction, thats ok.. you dont' need to share every interest as your partner.. but whats imperative, is that you stay true to yourself, your own interests and not let your partners changing interests cause you to deviate from yours...

just my $.01

That really stinks, but honestly I think she might be moving on...cause that is exactly what i did. It is a horrible thing to put someone through, but I did the same... I was dating my ex for 4.5 years, we lived together...etc... but by the last half year I started becoming interested in other things and other people. I would give those same excuses too... and end up staying out all night and not feeling like i ever had to explain where i'd been. 22 is really young and you are still growing... the sad part is, is that sometimes you don't always grow together or in the same direction and feelings always change.

:(

same kind of thing happened to me. give give give EVERYTHING and get it all taken... but, now ive moved on. :skull:

the key is not to let it make you feel down on yourself. you can still find creativity in yourself, you are still you. this is just an opportunity to grow as an individual and find yourself, rethink life, use what has happened as a way to express new things.... its gonna hurt, but on the other hand you cant keep pushing somene when what you want and what they want are different. you need to step away. maybe things will work out between you and your girl, but if she wants space, give it to her, if you dont, she will resent you for it.

i dont know anything, i wish i could say something more helpful. im sorry that you feel like shit, i feel your pain.

:smoke:

i have this theory about relationships that i made up in high school. treat your relationship like a wet slippery bar of soap. if you hold it gently in the palm of your hand, it will stay right there, but if you try to squeeze your fist around it, boom! it goes flying into outer space.

she's really young to have been in a five-year relationship. and five good years together is a great track record for two young people. maybe you should give her her space for a little while and see what happens.

as for how you handle this rough period, you have to use some really good coping skills. alcohol is a depressant and will only make you feel sadder, so avoid that if at all possible. the hardest break up i ever went through, i went sober for six months. that got me through it better than anything else could have. i dealt with the grief and anger straight up and didn't numb myself with drugs or alcohol. although i smoked too much and drank too much coffee! surround yourself with caring friends, don't go to places or do things that remind you of her, and keep as busy as possible. try to keep working!!! just throw yourself into it.

and remember, one day at a time, and time heals all wounds. what doesn't kill you will make you stronger.

best of luck to you in working things out with her, and if things don't work out, trust that you will find love and happiness again.

Shit sux man....But from personal experiences, I would say cut it off completely and go separate ways. If your feelings are as strong as you say they are there is no way that you could survive a separation. It would literally kill you inside wondering about the future...ambiguity is the worst state to be in. You love her plain and simple, your always going to love her. Hell 5 yrs is longer than most marriages these days and you should be proud you had a wonderful realtionship 4 this long but shes 22 and its seems she ready to explode to the world while your just settling down. There is nothing you can do to change her mindstate at this pt in her life. What you need to do is get away from it all. It sux you just got back from Italy b/c tht would have been a perfect escape for you. Iended up taking a 2 week vacation w/ my best friend and it did wonders for the soul. Hell, when my 2 yr relationship broke off I went through hell....I can only imagine what ur going through. Your about to go through one of theb hardest times of your life..battle through it and you'll only come out a stronger person with new visions.

btw, mugz - poop on you for getting that damn song stuck in my head! I'm gonna be mentally singing it all the way to armageddon...grr...

;)

Cheer up, doll...I know it's hard to see right this second, but life is still beautiful. I think we've all been where you are, and we can all sympathize with how hard this is for you. What's important to remember is that it will get better...really, I promise. :) Feel free to pm me if you want to talk - not one but two of my bosses are out, so I've got all the time in the world. ;)

Wish I could give you some sound advise, hope you'll settle for a HUG instead.

I'm in the position where my heart and mind are telling me two different things. Mind, leave him and my heart tells me to stay.

Good luck, I hope you can sort this out.

Delerium right ?very good track ;) You gotta stay stong brotha, I just went threw the same thing you are goin through. I was with this girl that was younger than me for more than 2 1/2 years. I gave this girl everything and I mean everthing. ANd she hurt me real bad, I thought at the time it was the worst thing that ever happened to me. It just didn't make sense. For awhile I wanted her to come back too. THen I relized if she really, truely loved me as much as i loved her, she wouldn't have done this to me. As time has been passing, the last couple months now I feel it was for the best. I know its hard to get her out of your mind but you have to. I started doing alot of drinkin and other things(bad stuff), which I thought would make me forget, but it did the total opposite. It makes you dwell on it more. You have to stay buzy also, and stay away from her. It makes it worst when you see her, or at least that was the way for me. Because when I would see her, I would just want to hold her and be with her and it made things so so much worse for my mind. It was like back and forth, that was just horrible for me. Just do things for yourself now. Thats wha I've been doing, I think I am have done so much more with my life without her. Because I used to be so caught up in her, and now I am focused on better things! ANd now shit is really coming along in my life, when i need it the most. SO fuck that bitch, oh yeah i pretended I hated her too that helped out alil bit, haha even though i really loved her deep down. I have come to the conclusion that time does heal everything. So don't be bummed and i hope things work out for ya. l8ter bro

Originally posted by silente

btw, mugz - poop on you for getting that damn song stuck in my head! I'm gonna be mentally singing it all the way to armageddon...grr...

;)

Cheer up, doll...I know it's hard to see right this second, but life is still beautiful. I think we've all been where you are, and we can all sympathize with how hard this is for you. What's important to remember is that it will get better...really, I promise. :) Feel free to pm me if you want to talk - not one but two of my bosses are out, so I've got all the time in the world. ;)

yea poop on you mugz.. but now poop on you too hun... now i got the damn aersomith track stuck in my head..

ugh

emtional tracks that have direct connection for me.. i'm gonna start crying at my desk soon..

No really..

all your voices (though I hardly know many of you in person) mean alot to me!

I know in the Boards I'm like Mr. Goofball and sometimes I get carried away in some drama

but I'm glad to know that people can share personal advise when it comes down to the more serious shit in life.

I'm gonna sit down with her tonight and tell her that she's free..

that my love for her should not be a prison if she feels smuthered.

Reading much of what you all have typed has made me think..

It's hard..

Possibly the hardest thing I've done in a looong time but I just can't go on thinking I'm living a lie!

Oh..

and I just threw my 40 in the trash..

I'm brewing up some coffee and tomorrow I'm hitting Monster.com...

FUCK IT!

Time to move on!!!

THANK YOU ALL FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY MUGWUMP HEART!

(funny how some revelations come to you in a second like a lightning bolt..)

Now I need another song to get stuck in my head...

Anyone?

Originally posted by PFloyd40

yea poop on you mugz.. but now poop on you too hun... now i got the damn aersomith track stuck in my head..

ugh

emtional tracks that have direct connection for me.. i'm gonna start crying at my desk soon..

<laughs> man...I hadn't even thought of that one. Thanks a lot. I've got that sting track mugz mentioned going now, too - they're kind of sharing brain space. Damn this sucks...I don't really like either of those songs...

bon jovi is still stuck in my head since friday's concert

that space is being fought for by aerosmith and pink floyd

and mugz, cheer up. these things are supposed to work out for the best in the long run, although it rarely looks that way in the present, but somewhere down the line its supposed to work out.

Dude, I just came out of that mess. Was mangled for 3 hard months, lost 40lbs, my mind, and many hopes and dreams. Lived with, bought house with, one day she decides needs time alone. Been 9 months and its Fuckin OVer!!! Sounds like shes tryin to put you down softly, thats torture and what the bitch tried on me.. If your really thinkin this much, Im sure you should go with your gut feelin unfortunately.

But all I have to say is WHAT DOESNT KILL YOU MAKES YOU STRONGER!!!!!!!! Its a hard lesson, but hey, LIFE STINKS and you just have to make best of it.

Shit happens for a reason.

Might sound crazy, but Alice in Chains, DIRT, was my crutch through the hard time. The lyrics were sick, but right there with how i was feelin.

Now I am feelin like million dollars, in best shape of my life, and just living life to its fullest.. It may not seem like it now, but it gets better, much better....

P.S. Stick with friends, and stay away from booz!!!!!!!!

Good luck!