Clubplanet Nightlife Community

"E" hangovers=depression? Who's stuck in post roller's rut?

I'm going through some bad shit right now at home but I'm afarid that my weekend indulgences are starting to catch up with me. I'm not like a weekend roller (persay) but let's say that it can be an every other party kinda thaaang!

Lately however I've been feeling worse and worse the day after a nice roll.

Before it would make me "lazy" and droopy for two days at the most.

NOW It can last all week long and I have like a permanent shadow over my brain of sadness!

WTF!

I use to be Mr. Cheery, goofball, posting silly pictures and games kinda Mugwump.

Now I've become a melladramatic, self wallowing unmotivated cartoonist that just sits around and feels the weight of my thoughts!

Is this from "E"?

Does anyone feel like this?

Should I quit cold turkey or is there more to this than just a bad chemical hangover?

Could I stay like this FOREVER from five years of rolling finally -catching up to me?

THIS SUCKS!:(

Well......it's probably not helping that you're sitting around not working - that equals *way* too much time for self-reflection and would put anybody in a melodramatic rut. But if the E is bringing you down for that long, and if you're this worried about it, why not take a break for awhile? Take some 5-htp and Vitamin B, lay off on the E for a month or two and see how you feel. At the very least, your rolls a couple months from now will be better. :) And it'll save you some cash. Just my $.02

quit..

or at least stop for a long while.. like 3- 6 months at least..

i've noticed the same shit.. i really dont' roll anymore, but when i do it sucks.. even the waiting months doesnt' help for me.. i think its a combination of past usage as well as shitty pills now..

i used to take it and stay up for days.. never feel like shit.. and always be happy and amped.. of the like 2 times i've taken it this year, both have been like this.. take it, and at the point where its should be kicking in, i go straight into that shitty part when your coming down...

Originally posted by PFloyd40

quit..

or at least stop for a long while.. like 3- 6 months at least..

i've noticed the same shit.. i really dont' roll anymore, but when i do it sucks.. even the waiting months doesnt' help for me.. i think its a combination of past usage as well as shitty pills now..

i used to take it and stay up for days.. never feel like shit.. and always be happy and amped.. of the like 2 times i've taken it this year, both have been like this.. take it, and at the point where its should be kicking in, i go straight into that shitty part when your coming down...

YUP!

YUP..Exactly!

i go from "woohoo here comes the peak" and then WHAM,

I feel myself hit rock bottom directly...

Unfortunatley that feeling stays with me (minus the speedy part) for up to a week..

The only thing I find that aliviates the meloncholly is booze..

But now I drink all week long to not feel sad!

And as we all know ; Booze + Sad =s a sloppy pathetic self destructive Drunk.

I think I need to trade addictions..

But I just can't make any art anymore..

I look at my animation boards and ideas for pitches and story boards and i just feel worse..

because I can't create..

My river's run dry!

Originally posted by mugwump

YUP!

YUP..Exactly!

i go from "woohoo here comes the peak" and then WHAM,

I feel myself hit rock bottom directly...

Unfortunatley that feeling stays with me (minus the speedy part) for up to a week..

The only thing I find that aliviates the meloncholly is booze..

But now I drink all week long to not feel sad!

And as we all know ; Booze + Sad =s a sloppy pathetic self destructive Drunk.

I think I need to trade addictions..

But I just can't make any art anymore..

I look at my animation boards and ideas for pitches and story boards and i just feel worse..

because I can't create..

My river's run dry!

exactly.. the only speedy part i even get is that it keeps me awake.. i just feel run down.. and yes i agree... i used to be an alcoholic, then relaxed.. now i'm drinking a lot again.. i'm a happy drunk though so its ok ;)

but anyway, what other things do you like do? i like to play golf, go to the beach, bbq.. i'm a huge fan of the outdoorsy stuff, which is why i'm always so much happier in the summer.. even though i went through similar shit as you, i let those things bring me happiness.. being outside on a beautiful day has such a cleansing affect on me.. but my advice is to get back to your roots.. i had all but forgotten about this kind of activity for a long time.. and nowadays its what helps keep me going :)

It sounds like you need some serious alone relaxation time, Mugz. :) If I were you, I'd get out of the city for awhile, head out to the mountains w/ sexybitchjenny and just chill - bring pot if you've got it but no booze, and sit out on a lake or whatever with a good book. (damn...I might just have to go do that myself...) :) Seriously, though- just get away from everything for awhile. Don't stress about your work until you get all the other stuff worked out - creativity comes in times of mental peace (at least for me). I do my best writing when I don't have other issues clouding my brain. I'm sending mental hugs, even if I don't really know you...it sounds like you need one. :)

Originally posted by mugwump

I'm going through some bad shit right now at home but I'm afarid that my weekend indulgences are starting to catch up with me. I'm not like a weekend roller (persay) but let's say that it can be an every other party kinda thaaang!

Lately however I've been feeling worse and worse the day after a nice roll.

Before it would make me "lazy" and droopy for two days at the most.

NOW It can last all week long and I have like a permanent shadow over my brain of sadness!

WTF!

I use to be Mr. Cheery, goofball, posting silly pictures and games kinda Mugwump.

Now I've become a melladramatic, self wallowing unmotivated cartoonist that just sits around and feels the weight of my thoughts!

Is this from "E"?

Does anyone feel like this?

Should I quit cold turkey or is there more to this than just a bad chemical hangover?

Could I stay like this FOREVER from five years of rolling finally -catching up to me?

THIS SUCKS!:(

Might be time to take break!!!!!!!!!!

Take more!!!

Nah serious, vit B is good but the last research i read says it needs to be taken with other things. Bannanas are the BEST way to take vit B.

But from my experiance when the comedowns start to last that long yuo need to take a month or two off. Use crack instead. Or do a detox course.

i agree with what everybody's saying about taking a break, trying 5-htp...as for the drop in creativity, try not to focus on it too much. creativity will come and go. and you're under a lot of stress right now. just don't force it. then one day, boom! you'll start creating again.

Been there... That's why I stopped rolling... After a while it takes almost a week to recupe. I don't even want to drop anymore cause I hate that it takes too long to be human again. Drink some Sobe Adrenalin Rush and take 5 htp, that helps for a few hours. I feel your pain, but not anymore. E just isn't as fun as it used to be. At least for me. :(

yo man, hey to tell you but that's a sign your brain needs a break. The reason it's taking you longer to come back up is because there is a lack of the neurotransmitter serotonin in your brain. Doing e frequently causes depletion of serotonin, your happy neurotransmitter. Check out the info on dance safe. It explains it all. I'd take a rest... try some SAM-E for your down time. It makes serotonin receptors in the brain more sensitive and can help pick you up when used for 2 weeks or more. But without resting from the drug, what ever you use as a pick me up after partying will only mask the symptoms. That's why e is cool but only in moderation. Sucks, huh??

MUGZ! wassup?

Sounds to me like the problem isn't really the drugs. Don't know about everyone else, but drugs tend to amplify whatever i'm already feeling. I happen to be pretty happy :), so that hasn't been a problem recently. When i start to see real personality changes between sober me and rollin / altered me, i just back off for a while and figure my shit out!

I've never had the problem with recovery time. I have stopped for a while when it just wasn't so good anymore, and speedy pills fuck with my head the next day, but i think whatever residual you're getting is more related to being unhappy about work / creativity / relationships - you're just in a funk sad to say.

I've made a point of never drinking / drugging to escape real problems / depressions (ok, maybe once or twice :) ). Its no good for me and doesn't actually resolve anything.

Go away to the mountains or something! I'm doing just that this weekend. If you want a lift to Beantown for a BBQ at a buddy's and then to NH, PM me. Seriously!

Sorry to say you're not alone. I know ALOT of people that have abused the drug that have that same problem...myself included.

Got to the point, that when you took them, the better the pill...you just think about how much more miserable you're going to feel on Tues, Wed and Thursday. Just cry over stupid things, be depressed, didn't answer the phone, etc.

My advice...lay off for awhile. Hard to do, but a must. All that goes away for the most part. But if you start abusing it again, then expect more of the same.

Goes to show ya that saying is true....if it's good, it can't be good for ya.

addaboy