Clubplanet Nightlife Community

80s Children...

nicholas cage in "valley girl"...fer sure, fer sure...and what about apollonia 6...i tried to dress like her, too...aint nothing like a 15-yo walking around w/ a bustier under a denim jacket...ha ha ha...of course, my b/f (now husb) didn't mind....

:heart:

Heh heh,

10) Bob Backlund was WWF Champion...

9) Wanted to be like the Fonz, from Happy Days...

8) Dance Fever was the shit...

7) Grease was the coolest movie around...

6) ALien (the first one) scared my balls blue...

5) Larry Bird vs. Magic in their Prime...

4) Hagler, Duran, Leonard, Hearns, Cuevos...

3) Luke and Laura were an item from Guiding Lights...

2) Koch (remember him?) was Mayor...

and....drumroll...

1) Kung Fu flicks, Saturday AM, Channel five (Damn, I miss those like crazy).

And Yes, proud of my mullet back then.

I remember Stacey Q all over the radio. I remember the current HOT 97 used to be another station before it became hot 97. It was 87 point something....or something of that nature. I remember they changed their station to 97.1 around the time of the release of Public Enemy's "It takes a nation of Millions to Hold us back."

Snap bracelets...which turned out to be dangerous

The neon plastic things we used to tie our shirt in a bunch on the side

Fragle Rock (loved this show)

The Elephant Show (I love you in the morning and in the afternoon)

Oh I loved the Ghost Busters movies...had the mashmellow man doll

Nickelodeons You Can't So that on Television (with the green slime

Double Dare

And does anyone remember Garbage Pail Kids Cards? I think it was a movie or something and I used to collect those cards..maybe like early 90's?

Being born in 82 and not living outside the US for 3 years.. I missed out on a few things you guys might remember, but otherwise I still remember a lot of shit.

"I remember watching "Small Wonder" with Vicky the Robot and Jamey the gay fucking son. I remember watching "Freddy's Nightmares" that used to air on Channel 9 from 11:30 to 12, followed by "Monsters." I remember being scared shitless watching Friday the 13th marathons with my older brother"

God I remember that shit...and I used to watch it with my older brother and after all the movies, I'd be so scared to even go to the bathroom by myself...so my brother.=, being the evil ass he normally was as kids, would hide out side of the door and scare me even more. God he tramatized me so many times.

Garbage Pail Kids - I could never forget that! Almost had every damn one. Transformers, Go Bots - I remember running home from school to catch those shows in the afternoon. Those were the days! And the break dancing fad in the mid 80's - do the worm!!

Originally posted by spragga25

Garbage Pail Kids - I could never forget that! Almost had every damn one. Transformers, Go Bots - I remember running home from school to catch those shows in the afternoon. Those were the days! And the break dancing fad in the mid 80's - do the worm!!

garbage pail kids were the shit..I still got a collection of the stickers...yo...did you ever see the Garbage Pail Kids movie?!?!?! LMAO!!!

0=)

Originally posted by ezd2

Also ya can't 4get mullets and the miami vice look

no joke....i am going for my cosmetology liscense...and there is a guy who comes in with the most god-awful mullet cut and refuses to cut it differently!!!!! must have a magic mirror!!! LOL

80's continued.....

--you had to get converse chuck taylors in every freakin color

--you remember when Ms. Pac Man had her baby

--you remember the pac man cartoon!

--Z. Cavariccis

--you remember when MTV actually played Music Videos

--remember "closet capsule" on MTV...that's when you got to see the 70's videos:afro:

you guys! im only 19, and i remember about half of what is being named, mostly because my 80's were spent in russia, so it was a little different. i did get my doze of the ninja cartoons though...and madonna, mj, bon jovi, cindy lauper, back to the future (mjf was such a cutie)...i couldnt get my hands on any of the madonna-wannabe clothes though, i was very upset about that =(

ohhh...ive been listening to a lot of 80;s music lately, and thinking how much more fun it seemed to be then. this post just made my day, i thought i was the only one shuffling through my fond memories of the days long past =)

Channel 5 (before it became a nation wide network) 2 PM every saturday....KUNG-FO Theater. That was the fucking bomb. No matter where I was I would run home or to the nearest tv to watch that. I wish they still had it.

:monkey: