Clubplanet Nightlife Community

saturDAY

wombat

I'm not sure if you guys have seen this or not but it's This Sat. and from the PURE board.

Author: Chris Gin (---.tnt2.franklin.il.da.uu.net)

Date:   08-08-01 21:47

Saturday Afternoon, August 11, 2001

House in its' home, for all to experience in the glory of

a Chicago afternoon in the park, with all the right intentions behind it. Please show your support for the DJ artform and the house genre. Or at least come out and have a good time. Here is the official message for the event below, forwarded from the organization that made it possible...

We have had two SPINOUT events so far, that have been very inspiring...

On Saturday, May 12, DJ Heather, Josh Werner, Sativa and Rik Shaw played the Dedication ceremony of the skate park at Burnham Park with a 4 hour musical journey, in the meadow located just south of the skate park.

On Saturday, July 21, we hosted a chilled-out session in 100 degree-plus heat with the original crew of Atmospheric Audiochair: Tom Pazen, Josh Werner, Mystic Bill and Miles Maeda...in addition Miles brought the Traveling Love Show with him, and taught a two hour long free Yoga session

in the park after the event.

These events have been booked as a genuine attempt to shed some positive light on our community. We have made great progress in establishing a positive, productive dialogue with the city and have many more great things planned...beginning with:

SPINOUT #3

A Day in the Park with

Steve "Silk" Hurley (Silk Entertainment)

Lego (Poontin Muzik, Jet Set, Africanism)

Bear'Who (Cross Section, Camouflage, Dust Trax Chicago)

Chris Gin (Crobar/Rive Gauche)

Saturday, August 11, 2001

from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.

FREE-ALL AGES WELCOME

at

Burnham Park

31st Street at Lakeshore Dr.

Chicago, IL

Please come...be cool...have fun...

Thanks...

spinout-chicago

djingisnotacrime

Originally posted by kimberlyco

That looks fun... might have to check that one out!

lego is a favorite

Are you going to hit on him all day again though? ;)

Steve 'silk' Hurley.. i am SO there. Wombat we are going to have to mix up some VCR's in pop bottles.. sell em $10 each ;)

Keep a few for ourselves of cource...

Where is this place?

Originally posted by fiatmusica

I expect certain "hardcore" members of this board to be there to take advantage of the all ages aspect.

<laughs> Hint taken, hint taken. I'll have to see - a friend of mine from school is in this weekend, so I kind of have to play by his schedule. But if he's down, I'll be there.

Originally posted by back2basics-

Are you going to hit on him all day again though? ;)

Steve 'silk' Hurley.. i am SO there. Wombat we are going to have to mix up some VCR's in pop bottles.. sell em $10 each ;)

Keep a few for ourselves of cource...

Where is this place?

Hell yeah,

You buy the supplies, I'll make them.

We'll sell them, after we make your overhead back it's 70/30 you.

What so you think?

It's @ 31st and lakeshore, right @ the skatepark.

Originally posted by wombat

Hell yeah,

You buy the supplies, I'll make them.

We'll sell them, after we make your overhead back it's 70/30 you.

What so you think?

It's @ 31st and lakeshore, right @ the skatepark.

Hey i am serious! $6 profit on each one! Do you have a cooler?

We could make a slaying, just have to be a bit sus with the Po-lice.

Sorted i can kiil two birds with one stone and check out the boats, i am THERE!

Originally posted by silente

<laughs> Hint taken, hint taken. I'll have to see - a friend of mine from school is in this weekend, so I kind of have to play by his schedule. But if he's down, I'll be there.

so this is a male friend....

you're going to break BB and B2b's hearts

Originally posted by back2basics-

Sorted i can kiil two birds with one stone and check out the boats, i am THERE!

I don't think there's a harbor around there. I know Diversey and Belmont and Monroe harbors pretty well, but I'm not as up on the southside harbors...

this place is basically about 1.5-2 miles east o cominksy and and 1/2 mile north on the south side. [i'm convinced the location was chosen to keep the attendance down]

I wondered about that...I don't know the south side well at all, but I feel like 31st and Lake Shore is pretty sketch...

actually the "south loop redevelopment" has pretty much reached that area over the last decade.. it went from printer's row, to burnham park, to rehabing of indiana avenue and the 35th & michigan area is the center of the "bronzeville" redevelopment.

However the big project (Taylor homes?) is still there.

I wondered about that...I don't know the south side well at all, but I feel like 31st and Lake Shore is pretty sketch...

No, no worries at all, it's in a park during the daytime. I've been to the skatepark about a 1000 times and no problems. Everyone will be there for the music.

Originally posted by wombat

No, no worries at all, it's in a park during the daytime. I've been to the skatepark about a 1000 times and no problems. Everyone will be there for the music.

<grins> Excellent. I'll see if I can't convince Saxton to come.

luka had posted that a week here a week ago...

but seriously--who's going??

I expect certain "hardcore" members of this board to be there to take advantage of the all ages aspect.

brah, i've been planning on going since the last spinout in july. i thought about bringing the barbeque earlier for lunch before hand, depends on the weather (how how is it going to be this weekend?) I really dig bear who and the whole mongoloid gang, so you'll definitely see me there.

31st and Lakeshore really isn't that bad. there are some beaches, not as crowded, worth going to a little south of burnham park. the old subway/boardwalk.

Originally posted by scratchapella

brah, i've been planning on going since the last spinout in july. i thought about bringing the barbeque earlier for lunch before hand, depends on the weather (how how is it going to be this weekend?)

its supposed to rain tonite which will cool things down to aroung 80 this weekend...so the weather will be perfect

Saxton? Is that some poor guy's name?

<laughs> Yeah - that's my friend from school. Give him a break - he's from this crazy granola hippie island off the coast of Washington state. It's miraculous he's turned out even remotely normal. (I wonder what color his hair will be this summer....)