Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Boston Is Weak

joeycarbone

This is why I hate clubplanet...there's always drama on here. This place hasn't been the same since Dmitry left (*sigh*)

But I'm in a mood so I'll bite into it.

First, how old are you? I'm assuming under 21 if you get your kicks from fighting on this board.

Now let's talk Jersey clubs.

Which one's are you referring to? From what I remember:

DRAMA (now Image I believe)- WEAK

River Street- or when it was Vapor- WEAK

Metro- WEAK

Tempts- ALL YOU GOTTA SAY IS THE CHEESIEST DJ OF THEM ALL, DENNY CHEEZE DOODLES IS THE RESIDENT....so WEAK

XS- Ok not bad for a shore club, but still WEAK

I will give SURF on Sunday afternoons a thumbs up as long as SHAWN INK or MENDEZ are spinning.....

So there my beloved Jersey boys is what I think of Jersey clubs...the only Jersey club I liked going to was Bourbon St (YUMMY)

And if it's one thing I learned from living in Jersey, it's IF YOU'RE THAT CLOSE TO THE CITY WHY EVEN BOTHER?????

And let me guess, you boys probably like EXIT :)

And the Red Sox DO NOT SUCK, that's as IGNORANT as me saying the Yankees do.....TECHNICALLY we have a much better team than you :) SO THERE LOL

kara

xoox

Originally posted by sparkem00

This is why I hate clubplanet...there's always drama on here. This place hasn't been the same since Dmitry left (*sigh*)

But I'm in a mood so I'll bite into it.

First, how old are you? I'm assuming under 21 if you get your kicks from fighting on this board.

Now let's talk Jersey clubs.

Which one's are you referring to? From what I remember:

DRAMA (now Image I believe)- WEAK

River Street- or when it was Vapor- WEAK

Metro- WEAK

Tempts- ALL YOU GOTTA SAY IS THE CHEESIEST DJ OF THEM ALL, DENNY CHEEZE DOODLES IS THE RESIDENT....so WEAK

XS- Ok not bad for a shore club, but still WEAK

I will give SURF on Sunday afternoons a thumbs up as long as SHAWN INK or MENDEZ are spinning.....

So there my beloved Jersey boys is what I think of Jersey clubs...the only Jersey club I liked going to was Bourbon St (YUMMY)

And if it's one thing I learned from living in Jersey, it's IF YOU'RE THAT CLOSE TO THE CITY WHY EVEN BOTHER?????

And let me guess, you boys probably like EXIT :)

And the Red Sox DO NOT SUCK, that's as IGNORANT as me saying the Yankees do.....TECHNICALLY we have a much better team than you :) SO THERE LOL

kara

xoox

I'm 24 , Denny at Temps is off the hook. Some of those other clubs you mentioned are weak your boys must be herbs and took you to all the wrong places. Everyone from Boston sounds like they have a hockey puck in there throat why is that?

Well, I was going to throw in my 2 cents on this once again but I think Kara just pretty much laid it down to all the Jersey punks. For the last time, we don't really care about Jersey. I don't think anyone in the U.S. cares about Jersey clubs. Hell in any club discussion does a fucking Jersey club ever get mentioned? We talked about Twilo, Vinyl, and a bunch of other NYC clubs up here, and we give the New Yorkers props, but you guys for some reason feel as though you are associated some how with them. Let's face it there ain't shit to do there, bad clubs, boring cities, and I guess some awful people after talking to you guys. Hell, the only thing you all got going for you is the Jersey turnpike, and I try to avoid that too!

I'm from Jersey, and I don't dig the Jersey club scene. It's true, why bother when you're so close to NYC. And when I say the Red Sox suck, I don't mean they're bad, just want to cause a little drama between the fans you know, like there has been for over 60 years or so. Down with Red Sox!

Originally posted by joeycarbone

ok, the hockey puck joke was funny

I'm 24 , Denny at Temps is off the hook. Some of those other clubs you mentioned are weak your boys must be herbs and took you to all the wrong places. Everyone from Boston sounds like they have a hockey puck in there throat why is that?

Originally posted by djresident

Who was spinning in Jersey on Fri? Cuz we had Paul Van Dyk....

loooooser

Are you kidding me. We had in just one weekend down the shore. Richie Santana, Manny the Greek, Teo T, Denny Tsettos, Andrew Mendez, and Dj Boris. Your a fuckin Herb

PVD is so overrated anyway....probably the best thing to hit Boston ever...all you herbs will be gathered in one little shit ass club..probably Avalon or Roxy...both blow...people suck as well as the music....Sox still in second place....they are always looking up at the Yanks....Clemens won again...good move to get rid of him ..right...love Buckner also....hey Casey what are you doing tonight...going to Avalon? yeah have fun guy.....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Right, PVD is overrated, then why were there a shitload of New Yorkers at Avalon this past Friday? If you even had a clue how to spin you would realize that's he's pretty damn sick at mixing and track timing. I myself had 10 friends from NYC come up and we saw at least 50 others we've seen at Twilo before. If beantown sucks so bad then why is that New Yorkers, the people you think you are associated with, come to Boston to see the best international superstars? Hmm, I wonder why they don't go to Jersey, oh yeah that's right because no fucking superstar in their right mind ever passes through there!!! They all go to NYC, and by the way you guys don't live in NY so shut up about the Yankees. For Christ sake you guys don't even have a fucking baseball team! Maybe someday you'll get your head out of your asses and come up here. I actually welcome you guys so you can see what a good club scene is like. PVD, Tiesto, Dave Seaman, Mauro Piccoto, Nick Warren, and a bunch of others are planning on coming through Boston in a couple months. Why don't you drag your sorry asses from Jersey and come up here? I just want you guys to realize the idiotic comments you've been making on this board.

I HAVE ALREADY DONE THE BOSTON SCENE MANY TIMES AND IT IS NOT MY STYLE KID...NO FUN...JERSEY IS SUCH A BETTER WORLD...WHO CARES IF WE DON'T HAVE A BASEBALL TEAM....THE YANKS ARE STILL THE SHIT KID....YOU JUST UPSET...WANT A TISSUE....HOW IS PUSSY PEDRO DOING?

Originally posted by joeycarbone

Are you kidding me. We had in just one weekend down the shore. Richie Santana, Manny the Greek, Teo T, Denny Tsettos, Andrew Mendez, and Dj Boris. Your a fuckin Herb

I like Andrew so I won't bash him, BUT

ARE YOU SERIOUS??? Listen I am NOT a PvD fan but there's a reason that the NY house sound/style isn't recgonized outside of the NE....c'mon you really can't compare Manny the Greek to PvD :) He can barely BEAT MATCH never mind spin anything but commercial BS You really need to expand your musical horizons. Also, those DJ's are only big REGIONALLY, it's like me saying in one weekend we had PvD, Ali Ajami, Mike Whalen, Manolo, Nailz...to you those names mean nothing. The only reason I know who all those DJ's are is because I lived in NJ for 5 years & I'm in NYC once a month. We also had Scott Bond on Saturday (he's a Gatecrasher DJ in case you didn't know.)

And didn't Richie just take a residency at Hunka Bunka?? (Yes people, the club is as cheesy as the name :) )

And please humor me with some good Jersey clubs....I'd love to know. What, Joey's in Clifton? (Ok ok I can deal with Joey's...and I used to go to Abyss on Fridays before we went into the city, but that routine got old FAST :) )

You probably think Webster Hall is a real club LOL

xoxo

As far as calling Denny Tsettos "cheeze" I completely disagree.

I have never seen Denny Tsettos spin a bad set!

BORIS IS HORRIBLE THOUGH! I have seen him at least 10 times and have only heard 1 tight set

To compare the NY/NJ Dj's to Paul Van Dyk is like comparing apples to oranges. 2 TOTALLY DIFFERENT STYLES!

The thing that sucks about Boston is the only place to see the best DJ's from around the world is Avalon. THAT SUCKS!

Avalon has NO VIBE whatsoever and has run ou the real clubbers in Boston. The only crowd you'll find at Avalon is the preschoolers on fridays!

The Best Vibe/Dj/crowd is Venu Thurs. w/Dj NAILZ and DJ TASTY

although a small club it's as close as you can get to a NY vibe.

just my $.06

$uPa:gas:

Originally posted by minsanity

Right, PVD is overrated, then why were there a shitload of New Yorkers at Avalon this past Friday? If you even had a clue how to spin you would realize that's he's pretty damn sick at mixing and track timing. I myself had 10 friends from NYC come up and we saw at least 50 others we've seen at Twilo before. If beantown sucks so bad then why is that New Yorkers, the people you think you are associated with, come to Boston to see the best international superstars? Hmm, I wonder why they don't go to Jersey, oh yeah that's right because no fucking superstar in their right mind ever passes through there!!! They all go to NYC, and by the way you guys don't live in NY so shut up about the Yankees. For Christ sake you guys don't even have a fucking baseball team! Maybe someday you'll get your head out of your asses and come up here. I actually welcome you guys so you can see what a good club scene is like. PVD, Tiesto, Dave Seaman, Mauro Piccoto, Nick Warren, and a bunch of others are planning on coming through Boston in a couple months. Why don't you drag your sorry asses from Jersey and come up here? I just want you guys to realize the idiotic comments you've been making on this board.

Listen to what you are saying. You just that that certain dj's are coming in a couple of months we have these dj's everynight. And the Yanks win 12-2

I said that because those guys are not local djs that can show up every week. Those guys are international superstars and they obviously can't come through Boston all the time. We do have a new international and national star come every Thursday at Axis and two on Fridays at Avalon. Last week alone we had Lee Burridge, Paul Van Dyk, CJ Bolland and Scott Bond. Before that it was Seb Fontaine, Darren Emerson, Doc Martin, and Roger Sanchez. Micro and Bad Boy Bill are also scheduled for August. We also had Dave Ralph as a bi-monthly resident at Chrome. He's actually moving to Boston so be assured that he'll be spinning here a lot. You can't sit there and say the scene is whack with all these stars coming through? If you want to know, our residents at Avalon and Axis are Jon Debo, Ali Ajami, Mike Whalen, and Matthew. Just like my reaction to your residents these names probably mean nothing to you. Cept maybe Debo who does the Caffeine Culture tour and spins in Ibiza. Two different worlds here, come to Boston and check it out. You won't be dissapointed.

Originally posted by minsanity

They all go to NYC, and by the way you guys don't live in NY so shut up about the Yankees. For Christ sake you guys don't even have a fucking baseball team! Maybe someday you'll get your head out of your asses and come up here.

C'mon now, that's not a right statement. Are you saying that people who live just outside of Boston can't root for the Red Sox? They don't have a baseball team either.

:shaky: :shaky: :shaky: :shaky:

Living in NYC and visiting my friends in Boston, I have to say that the clubs are N-O-T-H-I-N-G compared to NYC clubs! I'm not going to get into this discussion again, but lets just say that all clubs close at 2AM!!!!!!!!!!! I mean, WTF? I come to clubs at 5AM!

One way or another, I will suffer through this for the next four years, cuz I'm going to Boston U, and Landsdowne St is right around the corner! :smoke:

Oh, none of us were comparing Boston clubs to NYC clubs. I can definitely agree with you that nothing in Btown compares to NYC. God Twilo was one of my favorite spots, went there at least once a month. We're just shitting on Jersey clubs because these two dicks decided to talk shit. Only the real intelligent people can start stupid threads like this, these guys are real winners. By the way, what good NYC clubs are left? Haven't been since Twilo shut down. Heard Deep Dish started residency at Centro-Fly and Danny Tenaglia still does the Vinyl thing, but is there anywhere else to see some superstars?

• 2 weeks later...