Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Honestly, how many chicks and straights will attend Jr. night @ EXIT???

cesarleo

Let's be honest hear.....EXIT is a huge mainstream attraction to NYC nightlife and Junior is doing Saturdays..."allegedly". His party @ Twilo was predominantly gay and successfully so. How many EXIT lovers out there are gonna venture there Sat. nights when I would imagine the party would be similar if not the same...esp. if they got D. and F. to work the door etc.. I would think it will be far from your standard Sat. w/Boris so what's everyone's position since there is soo much EXIT talk goin around. I heard the b-DAY PARTY had the same crowd as Juniorverse for the most part but will it get mixed or stay gay oriented. I'm curious b/c of the popularity and sheer size of the place how it will end up.

The b'day party was enforced as predominantly gay b/c of the size of the crowd it always draws. It is an event party, not a regular weekly party. I don't think Junior is going to be having an Arena crowd at Exit, so personally I'd expect it to be more mixed just to keep bodies coming in the door.

ichi

i have been to twilo for j.v and i was was o.k up untill 5am, then it got nasty, all these older men walking around with there shirts off smelling like b.o, after haveing like 10 red bulls thats the last thing i need to smell, made my stomach turn. so i hope it is a mixed crowd, and not a bunch of chesters walking around !

Originally posted by comatose

i have been to twilo for j.v and i was was o.k up untill 5am, then it got nasty, all these older men walking around with there shirts off smelling like b.o, after haveing like 10 red bulls thats the last thing i need to smell, made my stomach turn. so i hope it is a mixed crowd, and not a bunch of chesters walking around !

Sounds like a typical Exit crowd to me- only these boys are after each other instead of me!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Guest gabo
Originally posted by tastyt

Sounds like a typical Exit crowd to me- only these boys are after each other instead of me!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dont worry about that tasty, Ill be after you!!

I am a straight guy, and I was at juniorverse almost every sat!! I like the gay mixed parties. Very relaxed and I feel like it is the only place where you can just be yourself!

Originally posted by comatose

Wasn't 5 am when Junior started spinning at the very earliest?

why would the "normal" exit crowd want to go?

unless they went with a open mind and to listen to great music..

its not going to be like the old Exit months ago. it has all changed, Exit was just a space that held something people who went to the old exit liked..

its now juniors party and anyone who went there expecting it be be like the old exit is in for a big surprise.

i personally never really went to Twilo, was more into factory, but his bday party was one of the best times i have had at a club

i just hope people straight/gay leave the drama at the door and come to have a great time

Easy for the girls to say...............

Seriously though, I never went to go see Junior at Twilo and I regretted it when it closed down.

I did finally go to see him at Pulse which is Rhode Island club. It is also very gay, but it does have the best sound system in southern New England and it mirrored nights like Twilo (Friday's had outside DJ's and Saturdays were resident DJ's and gay night). Although Junior only played a two hour set, I was very impressed. THERE IS NO FREAKIN WAY IN HELL THAT I AM GOING TO MISS THE JUNIOR PARTIES AT EXIT!!!!!!!

good question..at the birthday party is was great early on..it was a mixed crowed..but the later it got the more gay it was..by like 8:00 the whole floor was like 90% gay..and the problem with exit it's so fucken big(and bigger now) it was overwhelming..i went with some girls and we had some guys meet us there later and they had a hard time getting in..they kept telling them it was a gay night..they said it was easier getting in twilo then exit..and they were regulars at exit on saturday nights..that's the problem with junior's parties its pro gay..alot of people like going to exit on saturday nights it was cool..boris was good and it was not to packed..and it was not a kiddy party..it would empty out early like 5:00 but then everybody would head out to like the factory for afterhoursor somewhere else....friday's are to young..so i think people will check it out when it first opens to see how it is..but they won't stay...it will be a gay night on saturday nights at exit which sucks... that's what junior want....i think it would be cool if it were mixed crowd..

see that's why Danny Tenagila is the man..everybody gets to go to his party ..it don't matter if your gay straight whatever..you never have a problem going to see him spin..i would rather see tengalia who is one of the top dj's right now..

so anyway personnel if they make it a mixed crowd on saturday nights...i think it would be a great party..i can hang in a mixed crowd like ..not 90% gay..if that place holds like say 5,000 people picture 4,000 gay people and 1,000 straight...if that happens i'll be at the factory saturday's and sometimes at vinyl fridays...

i just posted another post on the juniorverse at twilo saturdays...

i digged it for a little bit, but i have to agree with comatose... the night was hopping, but some of the crowd left me with a bad impression...

owell, i love exit too, so it;s worth a shot... i can always hang in the white room

Im not 21 so i wont be attending this party and I have never been to exit so my opinion shouldnt count for much. But it seems that exit is a huge place (which is suppose to be bigger now) with tons of rooms so does anyone think it would be a mixed crowd with all the gays on the main floor with JV??

I think it's going to be really gay the first few weeks however it probably will end up being 70% gay 30% straight. JR has been in chelsea for years right on 27 th street. I have some friends who are Junior diehards

and have complained about him moving so far up town.So If their already complaining whats going to happen.

Originally posted by pglkm

good question..at the birthday party is was great early on..it was a mixed crowed..but the later it got the more gay it was..by like 8:00 the whole floor was like 90% gay..and the problem with exit it's so fucken big(and bigger now) it was overwhelming..i went with some girls and we had some guys meet us there later and they had a hard time getting in..they kept telling them it was a gay night..they said it was easier getting in twilo then exit..and they were regulars at exit on saturday nights..that's the problem with junior's parties its pro gay..alot of people like going to exit on saturday nights it was cool..boris was good and it was not to packed..and it was not a kiddy party..it would empty out early like 5:00 but then everybody would head out to like the factory for afterhoursor somewhere else....friday's are to young..so i think people will check it out when it first opens to see how it is..but they won't stay...it will be a gay night on saturday nights at exit which sucks... that's what junior want....i think it would be cool if it were mixed crowd..

see that's why Danny Tenagila is the man..everybody gets to go to his party ..it don't matter if your gay straight whatever..you never have a problem going to see him spin..i would rather see tengalia who is one of the top dj's right now..

so anyway personnel if they make it a mixed crowd on saturday nights...i think it would be a great party..i can hang in a mixed crowd like ..not 90% gay..if that place holds like say 5,000 people picture 4,000 gay people and 1,000 straight...if that happens i'll be at the factory saturday's and sometimes at vinyl fridays...

Apluade that man right there

-C

Well it'll definately be different, but I tend to think

just the shear size of exit will make th eexperience much different. I mean hey we had our Twilo ( may it rest in peace. sniff sniff..) debates forever :laugh: so it will feel so wierd to be

hearing JV at Exit, btu you gotta admit he creates a really great

experience. I tend to think exit is plenty big enough for more than one crowd on agiven night. I personally aree with chris it'll be different than either hopefully somehting that can come into it's own.

:cool: