Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Clubbing Alone?

i know i definitly would not have a good time by myself. ive been thinking about going by myself more and more lately, especially after missing out on tall paul/sister bliss 2 weeks ago because my dormmates didnt want to pay a 10 pound ($15) cover......but perhaps i'm just dwelling in the past a bit.....:mad:

however, london isnt really that safe at night, and the trains stop running at midnight

Well, I've gone there alone and inside I would usually meet up with people there or meet new people. I don't mind it sometimes, cause even when I go with friends, its not like we're together inside the whooooole time, like we separate or whatever.

Just depends on your mindset. My friends and I go soley for the music. That's what its all about. So once you're on the dance floor its pretty much just you anyway. You and the beats.

I've gone to clubs alone a few times and i have almost just as much fun as i do w/ people.

Clubbing alone? Shit, I went backpacking through Europe on my own for about a month. It would have been better with a friend but I couldn't get anyone else to go with me. (I got laid off from my job so I had lots of free time) It forced me to actually open up a little and I made some good friends over in Europe. Would I do it again? Definitely.

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

i know i definitly would not have a good time by myself. ive been thinking about going by myself more and more lately, especially after missing out on tall paul/sister bliss 2 weeks ago because my dormmates didnt want to pay a 10 pound ($15) cover......but perhaps i'm just dwelling in the past a bit.....:mad:

however, london isnt really that safe at night, and the trains stop running at midnight

you in London? cool. Lucky you, i have a copy of the latest MixMag and you are in the middle of happenings. i am planing to come over next month or earlier. Bytheway, how about Gatecrasher on Sat. looks like a good lineup.

peace

i started my raving "career" on the west coast, and when i moved back east, i had no raving friends. i didn't go out to any parties for six months because i couldn't get anyone to go with me. i finally got my ass out there by myself and then kept going out alone. and when i wasn't dancing i was always very happily occupied - be it chilling on a couch or floor, talking to someone, standing around, or whatever. i never felt awkward; the party's my home. every night was a new adventure, and when i started running into the same people it had a cool recurring cast of characters (i've given a lot of them nicknames). i've got so many great pictures... i made friends and had a fabulous year; i can't imagine what my life would've been like, had i just stayed home :eek: !

Centro Fly is good alone. Not too overwhelming and a friendly non-indimidating crowd. I usually end up there after going out with friends who end up bailing earlier than me. I'm sort of the energizer bunny of the group. You have to watch yourself though. It can be a bit scary, especially going to and from places alone.

Originally posted by madrusso

you in London? cool. Lucky you, i have a copy of the latest MixMag and you are in the middle of happenings. i am planing to come over next month or earlier. Bytheway, how about Gatecrasher on Sat. looks like a good lineup.

peace

i would hate to burst your bubble, but gatecrasher isnt in london

its a 6 hour train ride away:(

The only club I've ever gone to alone was Exit (two times). Both times I was meeting my X there, and both times the bouncer (whoever that lovely hunk of man may be) asked me who I was with...when I told him I was meeting someone inside, he just let me on through...didn't pay admission, and didn't check ID either. Maybe going alone has it's perks!

Besides all that, and the fact that I have lame friends, my boyfriend is 33. All of the above is making the idea of going alone more and more tempting.

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

never went alone but once inside...i usually wonder away from everyone anyway!! i like to just go off alone and see what's goin on!! u know those "i'll be right back..going to the bathroom.." trips! but i make them last a lot longer!! LOL

Hmm.. couldn't do it.. I;ve gone to the club once technically by myself, but I knew I was meeting up with people there so it wasn't technically being in the club alone.. even then it felt weird. I guess I just need like a bunch of familiar faces around when I'm there, it's cause I'm used to going with like at least 5-10 other people and sometimes up to 30-35 (like how it's gonna be on the 19th) so it's just a weird change for me. Part of the fun of the club for me is being with the people I love to be with at the place my heart belongs to. I guess it's cause I don't really go to the club to meet people particularily, I just go there to fucking dance my @ss off and hear the music, etc.. etc.. etc.. =)

Going alone has a motherload of perks.

Can go when you want.

Can leave when you like.

Can explore around without losing everyone

Gives a bit more freedom for social interation.

Depends on your personality.

:flame:

To Bigpopinals: Clean out your damn pm box.Hey man.

Hope your having a blast in london.

Going to LL tonight.

Ill drink a few in your honor. =)

Take it easy.

And party hard!

:flame:

I'd have to concur with my good buddy Gothzane.

Clubbing alone is awesome. go where you want when you want do what you want and you dont have to listen to anyone else's bitchin and complaining!

havent done it recently but i used to do it a lot.

Besides, you know you can always run into some CP heads!

:D