Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Best Dj Ever

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My vote goes to the following guys (they are in no particluar order)

1) Carl Cox

2) Taylor

3) Luis Diaz (He opens for PVD in the US, and of the 5 times I have seen PVD, Luis kicked his ass programming, mixing and energy wise three of those.)

4) Hybrid, their live pa

Locally (NYC/NJ) I can only think of a couple:

1) Danny T (NYC)

2) R. Rydell (NJ)

Originally posted by djdekan

But sometimes he is really dead up there, I know because he is so into the music and concentrating. He just needs to look like hes having some fun sometimes.

Realz: whatcha thing of the cd?

Pete wutups, I actually listened to your CD tonight waiting for hours on end in front of Exit in my car.

Good job bro. Was this all turntables/cdj's? It kind of sounded like a computer program etc.. (due to the fact near the end of the cd hardly anything was "mixed")

but overall, my friend & I was pretty impressed.

I'll see what I can do.

-harry

Originally posted by exodust

all you guys have no clue

*sighs*

anyway...

i think my vote goes to jeff mills

hehe me, you and jilly are like the only people who DOOOOOOOO HAVE A CLUE.

But I'd have to say that for me personally for Techno...Its a close race bewteen...

JEFF MILLS AND SURGEON

but for trance, fuck all this PVD and Paul Cheesenfold shit....You people totally are missing out on...

FERRY CORSTEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for drum-n-bass, Fabio and Grooverider.

For house, HOUSE-O-HOLICS and Carl Cox and Darren Emerson

larry! larry! larry! fuckin outstanding. alot (not all) of dj's rely on the progressiveness of music and might start out at 130 beats and end up with 140. unlike larry that could work at 128 and keep things goin for hours. great track selection, great mixing, all in all great dj. DRAPER WHO? please i thought we where talkin about the great ones. i can't believe some of the names people had the nerve to throw out there. please people go educate yourselves and learn about music not all the commercial bs thats out there. damn mainstream bullshit. (sorry for ranting i'm hung over) (whatta ya gonna do) (nothing personal just my 2 cents) later

happy turkey day all

Originally posted by njitpimp

However, as far as pure mixing skills go I will say that Tiesto dissapoints me with the length that he mixes the songs together for.

thats why i picked sasha over tiesto

i really wanted to pick tiesto, but he doesnt really mix songs together all that well. i can't wait to hear his remix of tarantula though:D

Sasha hands down...... nothing can come close to the man they call Sasha, well except Digweed. Haha.

I love DT, and Larry, but I just feel S&D's music a bit more. THey do it for me. As for Tiesto, PVD, etc., they are amazing DJs, and I will always go to see them in NY, but they just dont have the mastery of S&D. THey dont experiment much, and generally dominate the crowd with big well known tracks. When you go to PVD or Tiesto, you know what to expect. It still sounds great, but its predictable. I never knew what to expect every time i would go to S&D

just my 2 c's

Dima

I KNOW I'M GONNA CATCH HEAT FOR THIS BUT JONATHAN PETERS ARE YOU KIDDING ME. DONT GET ME WRONG I LIKE JP .BUT TO CONSIDER HIM THE BEST NO FUCKIN WAY. SOME NIGHTS HE IS ON THE MONEY AND EVERY MIX IS RIGHT ON TIME AND THE MUSIC SELECTION IS GREAT BUT AS WE ALL KNOW IT'S NOT ALWAYS LIKE THAT IN MY OPINION I THINK HE PLAYS WACK ASS TRACKS SOME NIGHTS BECAUSE OF THE POLITICS OF IT ALL CAUSE HE KINDA HAS TOO TO PLEASE CERTAIN PEOPLE IN THE INDUSTRY (WICH I UNDERSTAND AND I AM NOT KNOCKING IT) HIS REMIXING SKILLS ARE GREAT BUT FOR THE TRU FANS YOU GOTTA ADMIT THAT EVERY WEEKEND AT FACTORY IS NOT ALL THAT AND IF YOU SAY THAT IT IS YOUR FOOLING YOURSELF. I AM NOT LOOKING TO PISS AYONE OFF BUT ANYONE THAT IS OPEN MINDED HAS TO AGREE WITH ME. MY CHOICE IS STILL LARRY, SOMEONE MENTIONED CARL COX , I THINK HE'S PRETTY GOOD TOO BUT NOT THE BEST SORRY.:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Originally posted by juicybkny

I KNOW I'M GONNA CATCH HEAT FOR THIS BUT JONATHAN PETERS ARE YOU KIDDING ME. DONT GET ME WRONG I LIKE JP .BUT TO CONSIDER HIM THE BEST NO FUCKIN WAY. SOME NIGHTS HE IS ON THE MONEY AND EVERY MIX IS RIGHT ON TIME AND THE MUSIC SELECTION IS GREAT BUT AS WE ALL KNOW IT'S NOT ALWAYS LIKE THAT IN MY OPINION I THINK HE PLAYS WACK ASS TRACKS SOME NIGHTS BECAUSE OF THE POLITICS OF IT ALL CAUSE HE KINDA HAS TOO TO PLEASE CERTAIN PEOPLE IN THE INDUSTRY (WICH I UNDERSTAND AND I AM NOT KNOCKING IT) HIS REMIXING SKILLS ARE GREAT BUT FOR THE TRU FANS YOU GOTTA ADMIT THAT EVERY WEEKEND AT FACTORY IS NOT ALL THAT AND IF YOU SAY THAT IT IS YOUR FOOLING YOURSELF. I AM NOT LOOKING TO PISS AYONE OFF BUT ANYONE THAT IS OPEN MINDED HAS TO AGREE WITH ME. MY CHOICE IS STILL LARRY, SOMEONE MENTIONED CARL COX , I THINK HE'S PRETTY GOOD TOO BUT NOT THE BEST SORRY.:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

nah, you wont catch heat for your opinon, but you WILL catch heat for fuckin with my eyes with that all straight up CAPITALIZED font, damn boy, ever heard of the caps lock feature on yer keyboard??