Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Stamford, CT ?????

There is a club called Premier in Stamford, and its by far the best club in CT. I know that might not be saying much, but I go out in the city all the time, and I still love going to Premier. Art Bar is another place that is really popular, but Ive never been there. Some of my friends go to a place called Lava Lounge, and they always have fun there. Stamford is awesome because it has a decent nightlife scene, but its also so close to the city.

Premier is definately the better spot in Stamford ..people&music... but everywhere has there share of lameasses and buff freaks

Right across the corner is the Art Bar

Art Bar used to be ok. I haven't been there in a while so can't tell you what its like now. But the last time I went it was like $12 which is alot for CT. would rather of spent it at Premier (which is more $).

Right behind that tucked in the parking lot is Lava Lounge.

I think this was only $5 admin. The place is real small and basically consists of a dance floor a dj loft and a bar. But the vibe is good. EXPENSIVE Drinks (for CT)

Then there is Violets which has live music and a good vibe, somewhat causal attire (no sneakers kinda thing)

If I can give you any advise it's to stay away from the Terrace club.. I'd rather drink Monkey puke than go there..

Norwalk has a little more to offer in the club scene.

check out this site for more info

http://clubct.com/stamford.htm

Originally posted by launch

There is a club called Premier in Stamford, and its by far the best club in CT. I know that might not be saying much, but I go out in the city all the time, and I still love going to Premier. Art Bar is another place that is really popular, but Ive never been there. Some of my friends go to a place called Lava Lounge, and they always have fun there. Stamford is awesome because it has a decent nightlife scene, but its also so close to the city.

Well said Premiere is the shit...

Originally posted by trevor69

COOL!!! Thanks for the info guys.

I'm from NYC anyways, I'm just in Stamford for a few days for work and need to check out the night scene here.

Me and snappy will be there this friday along with some other cool peeps,come and say hi , we usually hang out by the tables near the Dj booth downstairs....

Let me echo what DJFabio said - Premier is the spot!

Art Bar used to be tight but has REALLY gotten rather lame.

If you are looking for other atmospheres other than the club scene, there are a few options.

South Norwalk, about 10 minutes from Stamford up I-95, is also a decent spot to check out. Nothing CRAZY but a decent time and a quite a few places within walking distance.

Then there is always The Thursty Turtle in White Plains - about a 20 minute drive.

Peace!

Spaz

Originally posted by Spaz44

Let me echo what DJFabio said - Premier is the spot!

Art Bar used to be tight but has REALLY gotten rather lame.

If you are looking for other atmospheres other than the club scene, there are a few options.

South Norwalk, about 10 minutes from Stamford up I-95, is also a decent spot to check out. Nothing CRAZY but a decent time and a quite a few places within walking distance.

Then there is always The Thursty Turtle in White Plains - about a 20 minute drive.

Peace!

Spaz

The Thursty Turtle ?

screw that ,Pearl will beat that.....Nice place after hours .. sono is wack...

when me and my friends went to premiere we were not impressed at all. the music was cheesy and so were the people.. it also closes at 2.

Well it's definately not a New York crowd... But it is the best Stamford has to offer. And as far as the closing at 2pm, everywhere in CT is cursed with that problem... It's the state law.

And oh does it suck!!!

Obviously you have never ventured in or around Greenwich becouse if you did you would have seen some intense looking mansions in or around the Merritt Parkway. Property is so high becouse it is Greenwich and anything in or around the Long Island Sound is rediculas in price. On top of that you have celebrities that live in Greenwich as well.

Originally posted by andwhysee

Since you guys mentioned CT, i have a question about Greenwich. That place looks like shit, why is the realestate so damn expensive?

What part of Greenwich CT did you go my friend?

They have house there that are worth $10 million and they also have old castles in there Obviously you don't what are you talking about...

:rolleyes:

I have been to Greenwich several times, I spent some time in downtown Greenwich near the train stop. This neighborhood doesn't impress me at all. the roads are bumpy, the houses are old, there aren' any pretty looking builidings or statues, theres nothing that makes it look luxurious or exclusive.

it just looks like eastern Queens. i don't know whats so damn special about this place and why its houses are so damn expensive.

Greenwich is shitty and tacky compared to other rich neiborhoods like, Long beach and Beverly Hills, CA, Potomac, MD, Palm Beach, FL etc.

Originally posted by snappy139

Obviously you have never ventured in or around Greenwich becouse if you did you would have seen some intense looking mansions in or around the Merritt Parkway. Property is so high becouse it is Greenwich and anything in or around the Long Island Sound is rediculas in price. On top of that you have celebrities that live in Greenwich as well.

Originally posted by andwhysee

I have been to Greenwich several times, I spent some time in downtown Greenwich near the train stop. This neighborhood doesn't impress me at all. the roads are bumpy, the houses are old, there aren' any pretty looking builidings or statues, theres nothing that makes it look luxurious or exclusive.

it just looks like eastern Queens. i don't know whats so damn special about this place and why its houses are so damn expensive.

Greenwich is shitty and tacky compared to other rich neiborhoods like, Long beach and Beverly Hills, CA, Potomac, MD, Palm Beach, FL etc.

Ok, look at where you are talking about. You spent sometime in the downtown area near the train station. Ok, and??? Like I said before, go more towards the Merritt Parkway and you will see why it's so expensive to live there. Besides, everyone that lives in Greenwich makes a high income therefore the prices of house's are hoing to be high. This is common sense and should not even be a question - it's like eastern Queens???

I drove around greenwich and im sure i drove around merrick pkwy you talked about. but im not impressed at all. Greenwich, CT is like one of 3 more expensive places in the nation but from outside it looks like a typical suburb. im not trying to hurt your CT pride but thats just how i feel. actually i like stamford better than Greenwich, it's more lively and there are many luxurious condos.

I don't understand how you could call it shitty.

I live in Greenwich and shitty would not be the word I would use to describe it. I do agree with it being too expensive.

And as far as not being impressed with the scenery, you obviously did not get the pleasure of visiting Greenwich Point or drive thru Bellhaven. And those mansions people keep talking about, most of them are set way back from the road behind trees or high fences to so they are hard to see.

Oh and tho much more lively, Stamford is not much cheaper some of those luxury condos go for $2,000/mo for a STUDIO...

Hi Guys,

I live in CT...Fridays at Premiere is my spot...I used to work there and yes, the club closes at 2, but you can always go over to Pearl in White Plains afterwards. Its cool for a local hangout. The only place in CT I go to now.

And the Fairfield County area is overpriced, true but you still get so much more for your money than NYC and it is beautiful in places. Just like any other area, you have your good and your bad. That area is convenient to the city, so of course it will be in high demand and over priced. There are celebrities in all neighborhoods the city, so why argue about it.

Hey, don't forget to come see me perform at Twirl this Saturday night....

Lisa Pure

www.lisapure.com

Greenwich- Stamford- both have nice houses and scenery. As with anywhere you go there is the good parts and the "bad" parts.

As far as night life is concerned in Stamford- you have Lava Lounge, Art Bar, Premier then a couple of bars- Tigin- Temple Bar.

The scene is alright. The only thing that sucks is right when everything shuts down (2am) that's when i'm just starting to go. I say just head into the city there fore you don't have to worry about driving (especailly after having a few)

I've made the treck into the city around 2 and boy does it suck!

Norwalk is north of Stamford. They have a downtown area that is worth checking out as well. (Ego, Rattlesnake, Match, The Loft) More pub-like then club-like.

Had many a good night parting out there- but then again everything shuts down at 2.

However I do remember going to a couple of kick-ass after parties at this huge house in the back woods a couple of times. hehehe.